HBO's "Ballers" Season 2 Thread

Daps
spence is actually a real POS

He really is. I actually want to see him fail he's so repulsive now. If it wasn't for Ricky and Vern's money being on the line I'd be rooting for a glorious catastrophic failure for his whole ASM attempt.

Let me get this straight: Spence is still reeling from blowing $6M on a single deal and also getting his friends to lose their money as well and now he's getting his new friends, younger cats who look up to him to waste $5M each on buying a company that's loading clients to Andre and doesn't even have its NFLPA license :mindblown:

He def shoulda taken Andre's offer. I get why he wouldn't want to work for Andre and the trust issues there, but he could have done that for a few years, stacked his bread then went off on his own if he wanted to. There's simply no reason to throw everything he has (plus a significant amount he DOESN'T have) on this single play. :snoop:

Andre seems like a smug a$$hole but I'm not convinced he's that sheisty anymore. Spence was wilding and didn't take his advice. Imagine if this investment falls through and Dallas cuts Vern...Vern gonna have the same animosity towards Spence as Spence has towards Andre. Vern ain't gonna remember all that "it's a risk, I gotta tell you that" BS Spence was talking. Vern acting emotionally and Spence should appreciate that after what he went through.

Spence is a full-fledged junkie scumbag :scust:

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Don't see how the nlfpa would ever license him with his past.......its one thing for yourself to lose millions but to drag in other players to try to salvage a loss is another beast

Spence is in a funny position where you still need to project success even when you're dead broke

Suleiman Bey

Banned
Daps
man, its just a REALLY bad look for the money manager to be coming at his clients asking for 7 figure loans.......

how can you be reputable in the business when you're making those kinda moves????

I think he'd be able to attract a lot more clients working with andre and joe still with a fancy new job and a raise.

I'd feel like shyt asking ricky for that kinda money and he hasn't even signed a deal. and asking vernon for that money when he's laid up with a ruptured achilles with the cowboys just having drafted his replacement in the 1st round.
It's a bad look, but so id working for a man you feel did you dirty. Be it either decision he's making the same mistake twice.

Suleiman Bey

Banned
Daps
He really is. I actually want to see him fail he's so repulsive now. If it wasn't for Ricky and Vern's money being on the line I'd be rooting for a glorious catastrophic failure for his whole ASM attempt.

Let me get this straight: Spence is still reeling from blowing $6M on a single deal and also getting his friends to lose their money as well and now he's getting his new friends, younger cats who look up to him to waste $5M each on buying a company that's loading clients to Andre and doesn't even have its NFLPA license :mindblown:

He def shoulda taken Andre's offer. I get why he wouldn't want to work for Andre and the trust issues there, but he could have done that for a few years, stacked his bread then went off on his own if he wanted to. There's simply no reason to throw everything he has (plus a significant amount he DOESN'T have) on this single play. :snoop:

Andre seems like a smug a$$hole but I'm not convinced he's that sheisty anymore. Spence was wilding and didn't take his advice. Imagine if this investment falls through and Dallas cuts Vern...Vern gonna have the same animosity towards Spence as Spence has towards Andre. Vern ain't gonna remember all that "it's a risk, I gotta tell you that" BS Spence was talking. Vern acting emotionally and Spence should appreciate that after what he went through.

Spence is a full-fledged junkie scumbag :scust:
You can't say you get that he doesn't trust Andre and then say what he should have done. If you don't trust someone, you don't trust nothing they say. Andre talked a good game, but it didn't make it true. And by time Spence found out the truth good or bad, the opportunity to urchase on his own would have passed. Not saying his process isn't flawed, but it is what it is. Not like he didn't tell Vern, he may not play again and he might not get his money back. He was upfront. If they still choose to play ball, that's solely on them.

tru_m.a.c

IC veteran
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Gaithersburg, MD via Queens/LI
Don't see how the nlfpa would ever license him with his past.......its one thing for yourself to lose millions but to drag in other players to try to salvage a loss is another beast

Spence is in a funny position where you still need to project success even when you're dead broke

If this show cared about the art of acting, they could really do a good job of hitting us with the pill popping Spence angle to show how that shyt is clouding his judgement. They could throw in some mornings of throwing up, instead of him just getting up and stretching. Some bags under his eyes. A few scenes where Joe has to physically carry a high Spencer in/out of bed.

They could really do things a la House.

Tasha And

Superstar
Daps
You can't say you get that he doesn't trust Andre and then say what he should have done. If you don't trust someone, you don't trust nothing they say. Andre talked a good game, but it didn't make it true. And by time Spence found out the truth good or bad, the opportunity to urchase on his own would have passed. Not saying his process isn't flawed, but it is what it is. Not like he didn't tell Vern, he may not play again and he might not get his money back. He was upfront. If they still choose to play ball, that's solely on them.
Yeah it's on them for falling into bad investments - and Spence is still a piece of shyt for preying on their stupidity. He knows not to try that shyt with anyone else, that's why he went to the impulsive cat with daddy issues and the man-child that broke his legs playing paint ball with his fake ass manager buddy. Marks that feel like they owe him something. Sure, taking a motherfukkers money is part of the game, but doing it to your so called friends not once but twice is some snake shyt.

Suleiman Bey

Banned
Daps
Yeah it's on them for falling into bad investments - and Spence is still a piece of shyt for preying on their stupidity. He knows not to try that shyt with anyone else, that's why he went to the impulsive cat with daddy issues and the man-child that broke his legs playing paint ball with his fake ass manager buddy. Marks that feel like they owe him something. Sure, taking a motherfukkers money is part of the game, but doing it to your so called friends not once but twice is some snake shyt.
It's not snake shyt. He didn't steal from them. he asked them and told them the risked involved. Is it a bad move, yes, but desperate times call for desperate measures. What other "main characters" could he have asked? Joe? Car Salesman, O-Lineman guy?

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY

But Vernon did OWE him... :what: Rock gave cat his entire life's savings man... If I found that out after I get an $130 million dollar deal, I'm gonna break you off.... Cause YOU saved my life and I KNOW your good for it. :mjcry:

R=G

Street Terrorist
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
Shows just how dumb they are despite their money and position. lol. Spence bet on himself...

The Fukin Prophecy

RIP Champ
Daps
It's not snake shyt. He didn't steal from them. he asked them and told them the risked involved. Is it a bad move, yes, but desperate times call for desperate measures. What other "main characters" could he have asked? Joe? Car Salesman, O-Lineman guy?
Exactly...

Spence straight up told Ricky and Vern the risks and that he can't guarantee repayment...He didn't steal or con them into giving him money...

My boy or not I wouldn't have given Spence the money without a guarantee he can work out the NFLPA mess...Without that license there is no business for Spence...

Daps
Exactly...

Spence straight up told Ricky and Vern the risks and that he can't guarantee repayment...He didn't steal or con them into giving him money...

How is that principally different than what he's so mad at Andre about many years later?

Spence: You let me throw all my money at that deal and it failed :pacspit:

Andre: :wtf: I told you only to put $600k on that deal, you choose to put your last $6M. It was actually a good deal, but all deals have risks so I advised you not to put all your eggs in one basket :manny:

Spence: Yea, you advised me not to do it but you should've stopped me from doing it. I was young and dumb :pacspit:

Andre: You were young, rich, and winning at life, I couldn't stop you from doing anything :comeon:

Ten years later if Spence's ASM deal doesn't work and Dallas cuts Vern and he never heal properly to get another big contact.....

Vern: You asked me to throw $5M at your venture and it failed :pacspit:

Spence: I told you it was risky and I couldn't guarantee I'd be able to pay you back :manny:

Vern: Yea, but I was young, dumb, and emotionally invested since you were asking and you had always looked out for me. You knew I wouldn't say no :pacspit:

Spence def looks worse than Andre. Furthermore, Spence is a snake cuz he hasn't told Vern and Ricky about Andre's offer. They both gave him that money cuz they believed his back was against the wall and it was pretty much his only option. If I'm Vern, I would have given him that money since he gave me his last $300k and he needed it so badly. But if I knew he had another option like that I'm not so sure I would still offer up that cash given all the uncertainty in my own life.