Han Solo: A Star Wars Story [Official Thread] (2018)

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It baffles my mind that they haven't delved into the Old Republic Era.

Episode 1-9 is a galaxy at peace compared to the shyt that when down during the Old Republic Era.

Revan's story told on the big screen can literally save the franchise.
The franchise doesn’t need to be saved in their eyes and believe it or not everyone doesn’t love Old republic era . I was fine with TFA it’s just TLJ where they went off the rails and sounds like Solo is a misfire as well

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
Variety dropped an article. Says the budget is over 250 million and it sounds like what we thought. They hired Lord and miller and were getting a Lord and miller film and kasdan threw his weight around and got them fired. So they got howard to make a safe point and shoot film.

Inside ‘Solo’: A ‘Star Wars’ Story’s Bumpy Ride to the Big Screen

Thought this was telling

The cast was largely unaware of the tensions. Glover jokes that he felt like the youngest child in a divorce when the switch came about, blindsided by the turn of events. Woody Harrelson, who plays criminal Tobias Beckett (a sort of mentor to Solo), says he was devastated.

“I love their style of working, but they wanted to do it different than the way the powers that be were used to ‘Star Wars’ being done,” Harrelson says.

Lord and Miller would not agree to an interview, but a source close to the production says that their ideas were constantly overruled.

“In their minds, Phil and Chris were hired to make a movie that was unexpected and would take a risk, not something that would just service the fans,” says the source. “They wanted it to be fresh, new, emotional, surprising and unique. These guys looked at Han as a maverick, so they wanted to make a movie about a maverick. But at every turn, when they went to take a risk, it was met with a no.”

Last edited:

Poetical Poltergeist

Precise and cold hearted
Daps
Reppin
Mile in the Sky
They probably had Han and Lando macking on maad females and female Twileks :wow:

Kakleen Kennedy came in like ":bryan: where's all the gay shyt :bryan:", fired the directors and pointed at everyone in the room like "All y'all characters gay now! :smugbiden:" and left the room.
:dead:

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex
This movie is gonna flop, JW2 and Incredibles 2 coming right after with DP2 and IW still in theaters. Out of all the blockbusters this Summer, I bet this will be the lowest rated reviews wise which will take away from it's target audience.

I'll say 650M-730M WW

shyt is flopping hard in China, it's on pace to make around 15M total :mjlol:

Europe and North America is gonna have to make it up
Can you post the link to the info?

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
It's interesting how China has rejected Star Wars. They did fine with the force awakens but it's been huge drops since. Like they had their chance with the force awakens and China didn't like it and its been downhill since.

I think it might be because all these new star wars films are leaning so heavily into fan service and nostalgia that China doesn't have for the franchise.

DosCadenaz

Superstar
Daps
I'm excited to see this. There's people who loved Last Jedi and some who didn't but I usually roll with their thoughts on Star Wars because they love it like I do and I've seen them praise this. So iI'm not worried. Its just behind the scenes stuff is off-putting.

Poetical Poltergeist

Precise and cold hearted
Daps
Reppin
Mile in the Sky
It's interesting how China has rejected Star Wars. They did fine with the force awakens but it's been huge drops since. Like they had their chance with the force awakens and China didn't like it and its been downhill since.

I think it might be because all these new star wars films are leaning so heavily into fan service and nostalgia that China doesn't have for the franchise.
They were duped by a crappy TFA and got smart. Maybe. :manny:

joeychizzle

光復香港,時代革命
Daps
Reppin
Darth maul in the cut :ohhh:
Lando thirsting over a feminist droid:mjlol:
So much more but I gotta go watch it again to set it sink in
My breh vision from avengers dipped and became dryden vos:troll:
#cloudridergang