Haley Williams Of Paramore Thinks Miley Cyrus is Stealing Black Culture

CASHAPP

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
:what:
Breh, you are really trying to hard..

we're talking about fukking Haley Williams from Paramore, talking about Miley Cyrus being a culture thief and being racially insensitive..... on a damn hip hop site.

answer this question.......

is she wrong about what she said about miley?

Elle Driver

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
At the beginning of mean streets
So now there's a problem with Hayley using her privilege to check Miley Cyrus on her mockery of other cultures?

I don't think she should be congralutated for stating the obvious, especially since she herself is a white girl. It kinda brings that white savior aspect out of it too, like people will only pay attention and condemn Miley for what shes doing if a white person says it's racist and wrong.

White people shouldn't talk about other white people appropriating, being racist, or being culture vultures, unless they themselves are gonna stop doing it and crushing the system that puts them above the people who's culture they completely stole.

A white girl is stating the obvious and calling out another white girl for being racist and appropriating what she deems to be black culture, and we all listen. Let this be some Janelle Monae/Lianne La Havas/India Arie type chick and ain't nobody listening. :childplease: That's the problem. It's the white savior complex, she wanna come in on some "She's disrespectin your culture, I'm callin her out, congratulate me everybody I'm here to speak on behalf of all the disenfranchised black folk she's using as accessories and makin paper off of". Like gtfo I don't need no white bytch tellin me nothin. :comeon:

MegaTronBomb!

Power is in my hair nikka
Daps
Reppin
From The Westside With Love
answer this question.......

is she wrong about what she said about miley?

:heh:

she's captain obvious...... we've seen this shyt before, and ALL the former Disney child stars act out in some way as soon as they're finished with that Disney contract.

but the fact we're discussing Haley Williams thoughts and feelings about Miley Cyrus being a culture thief on a damn hip hop site is fukking astounding.

NotaPAWG

Banned
Daps
I don't think she should be congralutated for stating the obvious, especially since she herself is a white girl. It kinda brings that white savior aspect out of it too, like people will only pay attention and condemn Miley for what shes doing if a white person says it's racist and wrong.

White people shouldn't talk about other white people appropriating, being racist, or being culture vultures, unless they themselves are gonna stop doing it and crushing the system that puts them above the people who's culture they completely stole.

A white girl is stating the obvious and calling out another white girl for being racist and appropriating what she deems to be black culture, and we all listen. Let this be some Janelle Monae/Lianne La Havas/India Arie type chick and ain't nobody listening. :childplease: That's the problem. It's the white savior complex, she wanna come in on some "She's disrespectin your culture, I'm callin her out, congratulate me everybody I'm here to speak on behalf of all the disenfranchised black folk she's using as accessories and makin paper off of". Like gtfo I don't need no white bytch tellin me nothin. :comeon:

I'm not congratulating her, it's whatever to me. But I do think it's important for whites to call out other whites on their bullshyt.

White supremacy runs so deep that a lot of white people aren't going to listen to what a black women has to say. It's not how it should be, but its the way it is.

I don't think she's trying to be no white savoir.. but the reality is before you get racists to listen to the race they deem as being below them has to say, first you gotta get your own race to listen to what you're sayin regarding culture appropriation and what not. If whites aren't going to listen to other whites regarding racial issues and reflect on themselves, what makes you think they are going to listen to the race they view as sub-humans?

mrken12

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Maryland
As for people going on about Hayley's looks, she is the definition of plain. No boobs, no body, and her music is unbearable IMO.

Elle Driver

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
I'm not congratulating her, it's whatever to me. But I do think it's important for whites to call out other whites on their bullshyt.

White supremacy runs so deep that a lot of white people aren't going to listen to what a black women has to say. It's not how it should be, but its the way it is.

I don't think she's trying to be no white savoir.. but the reality is before you get racists to listen to the race they deem as being below them has to say, first you gotta get your own race to listen to what you're sayin regarding culture appropriation and what not. If whites aren't going to listen to other whites regarding racial issues and reflect on themselves, what makes you think they are going to listen to the race they view as sub-humans?

But y'all don't hear me tho :yeshrug:

Lala718

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I applaud Hayley for her statement. Miley is indeed mocking and imitating black culture to sell records and its sad that hip-hop has given Miley a pass. Her antics and new persona is going just too far. This b*tch needs to chill out!!!!

Lala718

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
NULL
As for people going on about Hayley's looks, she is the definition of plain. No boobs, no body, and her music is unbearable IMO.

I think Hayley is absolutely beautiful and I love Paramore.

Hayley >> Miley

Hayley-Williams-in-Cosmopolitan-Magazine-paramore-20680043-1280-882.png

bangedher_wholesquad

carlos danger
Daps
Reppin
NULL
so which black female artist call her out?

a lot of you bytching.

but ain't not one of your people doing a damn thing

at the end of the day Hayley said what a Black Artist should of.

she really shouldn't have said anything though.

not her place but oh well too late now.

NotaPAWG

Banned
Daps
But y'all don't hear me tho

I am hearing you, but its not realistic for us to crush the system that puts us above others unless most us are in tune. For every one person you got calling out others on their bullshyt.. theres about 100 people calling them "race traitors" or saying they're just filled with "white guilt"..which is easily one of the biggest cop outs racists love to use nowadays to deflect on something they very much so take a part in today.

I guarantee most of the people who even listened or read what Hayley said could give two shyts and are going to go back to posting racist comments on youtube and living with their daily prejudices:snoop:

Elle Driver

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
I am hearing you, but its not realistic for us to crush the system that puts us above others unless most us are in tune. For every one person you got calling out others on their bullshyt.. theres about 50 people calling them "race traitors" or saying they're just filled with "white guilt"..which is easily one of the biggest cop outs racists love to use nowadays to deflect.

I guarantee most of the people who even listened or read what Hayley said could give two shyts and are going to go back to posting racist comments on youtube and living with their daily prejudices:snoop:

I mean it's whatever I literally could give a fukk about anything white people say or do but hey that's just me. I don't put them on a pedestal cause I simply don't give a fukk.

NotaPAWG

Banned
Daps
I mean it's whatever I literally could give a fukk about anything white people say or do but hey that's just me. I don't put them on a pedestal cause I simply don't give a fukk.

I respect that. We don't deserve to be on a pedestal anyways lol :yeshrug:

JahBuhLun

Graphic Alchemist
Daps
so which black female artist call her out?

a lot of you bytching.

but ain't not one of your people doing a damn thing

at the end of the day Hayley said what a Black Artist should of.

she really shouldn't have said anything though.

not her place but oh well too late now.
Didn't jamie foxx call her out and they made him fall back?