Guillermo Del Toro Exits 'Justice League Dark'

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
Again Shia LaBeouf parent alone outshines every character in Pacific rims. And you can't smiley that away :sas1:

They sure as hell ain't outshining Idris Elba who shyts all over the Transformers cast by himself and they ain't outshining Rinko Kikuchi. Matter of fact, Rinko Kikuchi clearly struggling with her English >>>> any Transformers human actor.

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
:mjlol:

I'm glad you're bringing up the 'box office success equals quality' argument so I can end the debate here since there's no point in entertaining dumb-ass logic like that any further.
Whatever wanna tell yourself champ.

No where did I write box office success equals quality of the film.

I do however know that both films where funded and created with the intention of making money and not artistic pursuit. And on that front Pacific Rim was a failure. But if it had been runaway success and already had another sequel out and another green light you'd be in here trashing it because you're a predictable hipster euro faq.

But you're a pretentious hypocrite so no surprise you want to end the debate.

The funny thing about you is you try so hard to be different but you're just another hive mind doofus.

Heres you being the marvel stan you are and bringing up box office

They saw those GotG box office numbers and realized Cap was gonna give them that work. :ahh:

Daps
Reppin
Continental U.S.
They sure as hell ain't outshining Idris Elba who shyts all over the Transformers cast by himself and they ain't outshining Rinko Kikuchi. Matter of fact, Rinko Kikuchi clearly struggling with her English >>>> any Transformers human actor.

You don't even believe that :mjlol:

AND lol at Idris Elba playing one of the most generic T.V. tropes of supporting lead outshining anyone in Transformers 1 :mjlol:

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
Whatever wanna tell yourself champ.

No where did I write box office success equals quality of the film.

I do however know that both films where funded and created with the intention of making money and not artistic pursuit. And on that front Pacific Rim was a failure. But if it had been runaway success and already had another sequel out and another green light you'd be in here trashing it because you're a predictable hipster euro faq.

But you're a pretentious hypocrite so no surprise you want to end the debate.

I'm pretty sure this debate only exists because of the news that WB and Del Toro are in fact making Pacific Rim 2. That kind of nullifies your whole point since clearly it did well enough for WB to pursue a sequel. And lol @ "the intention of making money and not artistic pursuit". None of that hat anything to do with the question whether the resulting movie is good or not. So who's really being the 'pretentious' hypocrite here, Mr. "I didn't write box office success equals quality of the film, I only mentioned that Transformers is the more successful franchise and Pacific Rim barely made enough money in a discussion about their quality like that proves something"?

The funny thing about you is you try so hard to be different but you're just another hive mind doofus.

Heres you being the marvel stan you are and bringing up box office

lol @ you pulling up some instigating troll post. :deadmanny: If you had bothered to keep track you'd know I don't give a fukk about GotG one bit. Go back and check the official thread if you're not too busy getting caught up in your feelings. And you wonder why I'm ending the debate when you can't even stay on topic and resort to petty insults. Stay mad, breh.

You don't even believe that :mjlol:

AND lol at Idris Elba playing one of the most generic T.V. tropes of supporting lead outshining anyone in Transformers 1 :mjlol:

I do believe that because Rinko Kikuchi despite her obvious language struggles is still a good actress. And pretend the leads in T1 aren't the most generic of blockbuster tropes. The only reason they might not be generic is only because Bay blows them up to such cartoonish proportions that they exist on an entirely different level.

I like Guillermo Del Toro movies, but I don't think he can make movies with a budget under $100 million anymore :francis:

I think the problem is that for all his creative vision, he lacks storytelling skills. The only truly great story he ever told was Pan's Labyrinth and I don't think he has another one of those in him.

TheGreatShowtime

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Swamp
I think the problem is that for all his creative vision, he lacks storytelling skills. The only truly great story he ever told was Pan's Labyrinth and I don't think he has another one of those in him.

I sort of agree. He's grown too dependent on these extensive visual effects to tell his stories. I honestly don't even know if he can make a normal movie at this point.

Norrin Radd

To me, my board!
Daps
Reppin
Zenn-La
WB got movies lined up until 2020, I figured this wouldn't get moving any time soon. Can't fault dude for not wanting to wait around, if that's the reason he left anyways.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
yeah the acting was trash, but it was big ass monsters fighting big ass robots :yeshrug: we'll be in there for part 2 :win:

I read in the daily beast that the only way to get a hellboy 3 is if pacific rim 2 does well. Which tears me because I really want a third hellboy but i really don't want a 2nd pacific rim..:damn:

manyfaces

Superstar
Daps
I read in the daily beast that the only way to get a hellboy 3 is if pacific rim 2 does well. Which tears me because I really want a third hellboy but i really don't want a 2nd pacific rim..:damn:
:yeshrug:shyt, you ain't got to watch it. Just hope enough of the ":whoo: Did you say giant monsters and robots fighting," crowd doubles down and brings a friend to the 2nd one, regardless of how lackluster it is. Then we can get our cigar smokin, gun totin, cat loving, horn shaving, baby making, opposite of DJ Paul hand having, Big Red Ass kicker back on the big screen.

:snoop:And damn I was so disappointed in PR. I really wanted to like that shyt too.