Golden Globes 2016

Lord_Chief_Rocka

Superstar
Daps
Breh lol is it possible they just think she's funny and you don't? Fukk. I know this is a cynical ass place and yes crazy shyt like that does happen but geez. Not everybody who's on right now is going to appeal to us.
Is it possible? Yes
Is it probably more so an agenda? Yes

The appeal argument doesn't hold water because there are plenty of things that are not "for me" and I still find funny. Ex. Finding Nemo, Tina Fey's character on 30 Rock.

Amy Schumer's "comedy" is basically look at how slutty I am with terrible shaped body:camby:

GoddamnyamanProf

Countdown to Armageddon
Daps
Is it possible? Yes

The appeal argument doesn't hold water because there are plenty of things that are not "for me" and I still find funny. Ex. Finding Nemo, Tina Fey's character on 30 Rock.

Amy Schumer's "comedy" is basically look at how slutty I am with terrible shaped body:camby:
And why does that upset you so? Its the age of the female slob comic, guys have been doing it for years :manny:

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
Well then that's the story the publicists are pushing and the one the studio is pushing
You caught me before the edit, but i also think today with all the clickbait journalism thrives off "leo ate a real bison liver!" Type shyt

When I ask Iñárritu about the controversy, a palpable impatience creeps into his voice. “I have to say, there’s nothing more boring to talk about than the challenges of production. ‘Oh my God, poor guys, they suffered…’ Honestly, who cares? The only reason I answered that is because I was asked, and I said: ‘There’s nothing for me to hide here.’

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Is it possible? Yes

Someone fukks with it tho. Chris Rock does enough to direct her comedy special she did at the apollo. All I'm saying is, someone likes it and if it works for them cool. And if Chris respects her and fukks with her, then cool she's already stamped. Does she do anything for me? Nah. I liked the movie, thought she was cool in it and liked what she was going for but it's nothing I'm going to think about on the reg but I'm also not mad at her. She's been doing the standup thing since 06 or 07, and finally broke through a couple years ago. She's got a fanbase

LastManStanding

Veteran
Daps
would say to make this a smiley, but may as well wait another month when it's an Oscar :wow:

tumblr_o0ruytjWqz1ugtez6o6_1280.jpg

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
You caught me before the edit, but i also think today with all the clickbait journalism thrives off "leo ate a real bison liver!" Type shyt

When I ask Iñárritu about the controversy, a palpable impatience creeps into his voice. “I have to say, there’s nothing more boring to talk about than the challenges of production. ‘Oh my God, poor guys, they suffered…’ Honestly, who cares? The only reason I answered that is because I was asked, and I said: ‘There’s nothing for me to hide here.’

That's true but it wouldn't surprise me if this is the story the studio is pushing in its campaign. you gotta have a story to sell for every campaign you do and the studio is going with the "it was so hard" or the "this is for the natives" sell. I get it, I aint mad at it, just saying

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
That's true but it wouldn't surprise me if this is the story the studio is pushing in its campaign. you gotta have a story to sell for every campaign you do and the studio is going with the "it was so hard" or the "this is for the natives" sell. I get it, I aint mad at it, just saying
It kinda irks me how mad many critics /film twitter get over inarritu.

I'll just leave it at that :mjpls:

No1

Retired.
Supporter
Daps

Someone fukks with it tho. Chris Rock does enough to direct her comedy special she did at the apollo. All I'm saying is, someone likes it and if it works for them cool. And if Chris respects her and fukks with her, then cool she's already stamped. Does she do anything for me? Nah. I liked the movie, thought she was cool in it and liked what she was going for but it's nothing I'm going to think about on the reg but I'm also not mad at her. She's been doing the standup thing since 06 or 07, and finally broke through a couple years ago. She's got a fanbase
I don't find her funny at all. The problem with your argument is that a lot of people have fanbases that we shyt on. What if dude just thinks that she is not up to par? A lot of people grind. It's like people mention that Amy grinded as a means of deflecting from her being mediocre. Trent Dilfer worked as hard as Tom Brady. But he's not him. Her push does seem forced, in the sense that there are a lot of things that I don't like that people support that I can see the talent in. She just falls short. But hey :manny:

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
I don't find her funny at all. The problem with your argument is that a lot of people have fanbases that we shyt on. What if dude just thinks that she is not up to par? A lot of people grind. It's like people mention that Amy grinded as a means of deflecting from her being mediocre. Trent Dilfer worked as hard as Tom Brady. But he's not him. Her push does seem forced, in the sense that there are a lot of things that I don't like that people support that I can see the talent in. She just falls short. But hey :manny:
So in The Booth lingo, are you calling amy schumer an industry plant? :troll: