#GamesSoWhite Hashtag Discusses Diversity In Gaming

ReallJc

Pro
Daps
Reppin
LDN
Ok they're not black, but Zerrikanians are PoC, it looks like black people are from the other dimension that Ciri went to.

Yeah they count as poc and i get what you're saying in regards to the treatment of dwarfs, mages etc but there's nothing stopping them from creating black characters & other poc who are not an opposing threat. Still the witcher 3 is one game and this goes far beyond that.

Take Vivienne from DA inquisition as an example (another fantasy game), she wasn't the enemy but rather an ally (let's not forget some guards of the Templar.) It can be done but it's up to the game developers to have a more open mind when conceiving ideas and creating "fantasy" worlds.

vivienne-news-screenshot.jpg

Therinfal-Redoubt-Barris-and-Templars.png

ReallJc

Pro
Daps
Reppin
LDN
Complain but don't do shyt about it, Do they at least find black people that try to make indie games and support them.
Post their shyt on boards to help them out? No just complain to white people like idiots. Do you really think they care about you?

It's a start, the hashtag might seem small & significant but it's sending a message and social media is a powerful yet underestimated tool. You have to look at the bigger picture here, even if you find a black indie game company and support them, there's no way they can reach the succeed of these major video game companies which have been doing it for years.

And furthermore they should care about their consumers. They might not care about you personally but they do care about your money, which is why this should be bought up and not swept under the carpet.

Rozay Oro

2 Peter 3:9 if you don’t know God
Supporter
Daps
In Witcher 3 They mention Zerrikania, plus Ciri mentioned the Tall black people in the other dimension... :francis:

But on the real most game protagonists are white because no white guy wants to have the black guy be the hero.... :mjlol:
Idk bout that lots of people love Telltale's The Walking Dead. Its more on the developers really, an A1 game will sell no matter what color the protagonist is but maybe its not the devs fault but the publishers, idk.

Daps
Studios are afraid to sell a video game with a black man on the cover if it's not a sports game. Telltale Games pretty much proved it was possible with TWD. Hopefully this hashtag is noticed.
Lee was never on the cover (he was but you wouldn't know he was black) clementine was already popular by season 2 so they put her on a cover. They also killed lee off in 1 season and had him be a criminal but yay diversity:troll:

Daps
Reppin
Canada
Lee was never on the cover (he was but you wouldn't know he was black) clementine was already popular by season 2 so they put her on a cover. They also killed lee off in 1 season and had him be a criminal but yay diversity:troll:

What does he look like on the cover if not black? lol and pretty much all the other characters had a past and had to fukked up shyt to survive its The Walking Dead.

Daps
What does he look like on the cover if not black? lol and pretty much all the other characters had a past and had to fukked up shyt to survive its The Walking Dead.
That's not what was advertised when the game 1st hit, the 1 i saw his head was cut out and he was silhouetted a lil bit:manny:
nah wait he was in the background just checked google, feel like i wasted my time. lee was corny as hell and they killed his ass off 1st chance they got and still applied racism to his character and the game was garbage.

Last edited:

NoMayo15

All Star
Daps
I think people are annoyed at SJW targeting games more than anything else.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
As quoted from the wiki.

Zerrikania is not visited in the game, but it is acknowledged as the home for the formulae of bombs, and famous for its alchemists. The descriptions offered suggest that Zerrikania is very much like India. The people of Zerrikania also resemble those of India.

There was no reason why they couldn't include poc in the original game tbh. Skyrim did it.

There was a Zerrikanian in the first game. So it's kinda odd there's none in this game. Or any people of color.

Having said that, aside from making random villagers black....which some people might see as window dressing....who do you think should be black in "The Witcher 3"? The core cast and most of the major characters are from the novels....and you can't make any random ass character black, for obvious reasons. Imagine how it would play out if The Bloody Baron was black.

Fred.

ReallJc

Pro
Daps
Reppin
LDN
There was a Zerrikanian in the first game. So it's kinda odd there's none in this game. Or any people of color.

Having said that, aside from making random villagers black....which some people might see as window dressing....who do you think should be black in "The Witcher 3"? The core cast and most of the major characters are from the novels....and you can't make any random ass character black, for obvious reasons. Imagine how it would play out if The Bloody Baron was black.

Fred.

I'm sure the developers could have made some adjustments & added new characters. Many movies which were based on novels change characters and certain parts of the story. If not then i'd have to go with the latter aka random villagers who happen to be black.

While it may appear as window dressing to some people but it would have made a world of a difference in many people's eyes.

ReallJc

Pro
Daps
Reppin
LDN
This is why i love games with proper character creation and a lot of customization options to choose from, allowing you to create whoever the hell you want. More options given to the player is never a bad thing and neither is a world with a variety of diverse characters.

All i'm saying is video game developers should become more culturally diverse and be more aware that other races and nationalities do play their products. Mainstream companies would be fools not to be aware of that fact and act accordingly.

This problem extends to Hollywood movies and TV which is the real problem as i feel video games are heavily influenced by these two types of media.

Games like Mass Effect 3 & Dragon age Inquisition allows the player to create an avatar and be whatever diversity they want, including the chance to see themselves reflected in the game they are playing.

But conclusively, I think that video games have come a long way and can only get better with time. I hope that video game developers realize the appeal to create more racially diverse characters which reflect their demographic in positive non-stereotypical aspects.

On another note although I don't really play pokemon anymore, i love that the series is finally becoming more racially diverse since Pokemon bw.

GYM+leader+grant.jpg

Red Shield

Global Domination
Daps
Reppin
.0001%
Passive Aggressive white folks are mad that someone brought up their privilege and over saturation in... well everything... Lol.. When will folks learn...

Stop asking white people for inclusion!! Make your own shyt!! We need our own games made by black devs, not some bones thrown to black folks.

Seriously.... black people need to just make and support our own stuff. Never going to get anywhere with this begging/whining shyt. No it's not going to be some big budget AAA game at first, but things can get there in time.

This is like when black actors whine about Hollywood.

Y2Dre

Melanated God
Supporter
Daps
We got bigger fish to fry, you know...like people being gunned down in the street.

I'd rather have zero Black people than have them being stereotypical and insulting.

Daps
Reppin
Canada

Fred.

The Baron had the best storyline so I wouldn't mind if he was Black. Menge the witch burner. Always thought Yennefer and Phillippa should've been black. At least one of the kids at Crookback Bog could've been black too.

Vivaldi the wealthy dwarf who owned the bank in Heirach Square.