Game of Thrones Season 3 Niccas!!!!! *Storms Swords*

Malik

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DMV | Philly
They can't do a prequel without spoiling who Jon's mother is and that hasn't been revealed yet on the show. Dunno bout the book which I just started reading. I have a feeling I know who she is. And while Jon and Ned are related, Ned just copped to the paternity to protect her honor. And Jon's life. Because if his father is who I think it is, King Robert would've wanted Jon dead yesterday.

Jon's mother is Lyanna. His father was Rhaegar. Half the internet thinks that already :troll:

It's why Ned purposely never called Jon "his son" but, always said that he had "his blood".

Methodical

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Daario introduced in season 3 has been recast for season 4
http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/08/30/game-of-thrones-daario-recast-in-season-4

GOTIn.jpg

:what: hell naw, hell naw

K-ZOE

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Jon's mother is Lyanna. His father was Rhaegar. Half the internet thinks that already :troll:

It's why Ned purposely never called Jon "his son" but, always said that he had "his blood".
That was my thought. Good to know I'm keeping up with internet geeks when it comes to theories. :troll:

Nymeria

Pro
Daps
Reppin
Dorne.
I'm mad as hell about the Daario recasting, ol dude was perfect. What, was he just too damn pretty for them? What the fukk? :why:

Malik

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DMV | Philly
So I've been watching the BBC miniseries "The White Queen" and it finally dawned on me that the "War of Roses" is where George R.R. took his inspiration. History heads need not read this. I know you're :comeon: right now but, this is completely new to me and it's fascinating because it seems like Game of Thrones is following actual history :lupe:

In the "War of Roses"....House Lancaster fought with House York over the English throne. Huge blood feud which lasted generations. Eventually King Henry (Lancaster) was killed and King Edward IV (York) took over. Then King Edward IV died of sickness and his younger brother Richard III became the next king. The Lancasters started a war against the York King Richard III. Henry Tudor...a Lancaster with a tiny claim to the throne...killed King Richard III in battle. Then he married the York daughter of the deceased King Edward IV. House Lancaster and House York united as one. Starting the Tudor dynasty. Becoming King Henry VII.

250px-Lannister.JPG
200px-House_Stark_banner.jpg
200px-House_Targaryen_banner.jpg

depositphotos_11955455-English-Rose-Emblem.jpg

It's parallels in this sh*t, B :lupe:

1) I think House Lannister and House Targaryen were inspired the real House Lancaster. For one, both of their sigils are red...like House Lancaster and their red rose. With House Lannister, the connection is more about the sound of their name (Lannister/Lancaster) and that they hate House Stark like House Lancaster hated House York. With House Targaryen, the connection is more about the history. The Targs are the displaced royal family who lost their throne. The Lancasters were the displaced royal family that lost their throne in real life.

2) I think House Stark was inspired by the real House York. Their sigil is white....like House York and their white rose. House York is also written and sounds similar to House Stark.

3) Henry Tudor is the nobody that came out of nowhere and gained the crown. He spent his entire life in exile preparing for war. He was a Lancaster that avenged his house/family. He married a York princess. Together Henry and Elizabeth started a new dynasty, the Tudors. And created the Tudor rose, a mix of both roses. That sounds a whole lot like Game of Thrones, B :lupe: A Song of Ice and Fire. Ice and Fire coming together. Martin just switched the genders. Daenerys Targaryen grew up in exile like Henry Tudor. She spent her years prepping for war like Henry Tudor. She wants to avenge her family and reclaim the throne like Henry Tudor. Jon Snow (a Stark) will unite with her like the York princess united with Henry Tudor. I think that's how the books will end :lupe:

Last edited:

Malik

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DMV | Philly
Glad to know I'm not crazy. Other people around the internet see the parallels too :wow:

Jon Snow = Elizabeth of York, a York
Daenerys Targaryen = Henry Tudor, a Lancaster

Look at the Tudor Dynasty Coat of Arms

coat_of_arms.jpg

A Dragon and a White Dog :lupe: Daenerys' dragon and Jon Snow's white direwolf Ghost :lupe:

This fat azzhole been laying bread crumbs the entire time :wow:

http://asoiaf.westeros.org/index.ph...f-combining-house-stark-with-house-targaryen/

most of you who dont know is that george rr martin got most of the inspiration for a song of ice and fire from war of the roses.

now here is something which caught my eye. near the end of the war of the roses Henry VII founded house tudor whose coat of arms is this -
http://img824.imageshack.us/img824/4316/qzg.png

here is the shocking part. his coat of arms has a RED dragon, A WHITE dog and red roses. if you substitute the white dog for Ghost as the white direwolf, the red dragon for the 3 headed targaryen Dragon and a blue rose connecting the 2 together you have the makings of Jon Snow's POTENTIAL house sigil should he become king. if you put it on black would be more suitable as he was part of nights watch. the credit for this goes to lady m from this thread -

http://asoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/topic/83742-longclaw/

i find this shocking as henry VII did become king. i personally never wanted jon snow as king only dany for queen but this even more solidifies as jon snow as a stronger potential for eventual king. just something for you guys to see that perhaps in the end Jon Snow will indeed become king of the 7 kingdoms and start the formation House Stargaryen or Stargaryen reviving House Targaryen and Ascending House Stark to the great glory it is the most deserving off!

thus 2 of the most old houses and magical houses will be fairly equal and will ascend to glory that they most rightfully deserve!!

http://history-behind-game-of-thrones.com/2013/04/daenerys/

After seeing the phenomenal ending of this week’s Game of Thrones episode (“And Now His Watch is Ended” Season 3, Episode 4), I find myself wondering once again if Daenerys Targaryen is an incarnation of Henry VII?

Henry VII, founder of the Tudor dynasty and father of Henry VIII, was the unlikeliest conqueror when his soldiers slew Richard III and Henry overthrew the Yorkist dynasty. Through his Lancastrian mother, Henry Tudor had a watery claim to the throne. After somebody, possibly Richard III, smashed in Henry VI’s skull in the Tower of London, the fourteen year old Henry Tudor became the Lancastrian claimant. However, he was living in exile, often in fear for his life, in France.

Like Daenerys, Henry had lived most of his life across our Narrow Sea, also known as the English Channel. Just as Robert Baratheon would have loved to have killed Daenerys and snuffed out any possible pretenders, so too would Edward IV liked to have eliminated Henry Tudor and ensured a peaceful Yorkist succession. However, Henry Tudor was not a major concern for Edward, who dismissively referred to Henry as “the imp.” With no access to funds and no army, it seemed unlikely he could take on that great warrior king, Edward IV, who was never defeated in battle.

Henry VII: the cagey conqueror Edward IV dismissed as “the imp.”

However, once Edward IV died and Richard III overthrew Edward’s heirs, the noble families became uneasy about Richard’s rule. Some families may have questioned the legitimacy of Richard’s rule or been outraged by the fate of Edward’s sons. Others may have turned against the House of York after years of silent repressed fury as Edward and Richard tampered with their inheritance, which would destroy their legacies – the only thing worth dying for in that age. (As Cersei put it to her father in tonight’s episode, Tywin loved his legacy “so much more than your actual children.”)

Ultimately, the rumors that Richard III poisoned his wife to marry his niece, Elizabeth of York, may ultimately have poisoned his well of northern loyalty. However, despite his followers’ betrayal, Richard might have kept his throne if he hadn’t rashly charged into battle, unaccompanied and unprotected, to attack Henry Tudor.

Henry VII’s coat of arms, which shows the red dragon on the left. Source: Creative Commons via Wikipedia, created by
Sodacan.”

Signs that Daenarys is a reborn Henry VII? Both Henry VII and Daenerys were, arguably, the rightful heir to the throne. Both Henry VII and Daenarys used the dragon as their emblem. However, in Daenarys’ case she had the blood of the dragon whereas Henry VII claimed descent from King Arthur whose battle standard was a red dragon.

Just as Daenarys had disaffected followers (Jorah, Selmy) join her from Westeros, Henry had men discontent with Richard’s rule join him in Paris. Like Daenarys’ followers would flatter her by saying the Westerosi cry for their rightful queen, so did Henry’s followers say he could count on the English people’s support. Likewise, both Daenarys and Henry’s supporters included men who provided the military leadership they both lacked. Just as Daenarys had Barristan Selmy, the former Kingsguard commander, Henry had the Earl of Oxford, a Lancastrian military leader who escaped Richard III’s clutches and fled to serve Henry in Paris.

Like Daenarys, Henry Tudor had limited funds. While Daenarys obtains her money by appropriating the fake golden treasures of the treacherous Xaro Xhoan Daxos, Henry’s mother, Margaret Beaufort, was extremely wealthy. However, she had no way to send Henry funds when he was in exile.

In tonight’s episode, Daenarys raised troops by “purchasing” and then freeing mercenary slave soldiers. Henry VII had 2000 French mercenaries in his army of roughly 5000 men. If Charles VIII of France hadn’t wanted to cause trouble for the Yorkists, who slaughtered his godfather the Lancastrian Prince of Wales, Henry Tudor may never have raised those troops.

As we watch the gathering storm across the Narrow Sea, I can’t help but wonder if Daenerys will triumph like Henry Tudor once did.

Last edited:

Malik

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DMV | Philly
Aerys Targaryen = Henry VI. Both are "Mad Kings".
Robert Baratheon = Edward IV. The successful pretender from a royal cadet branch who takes the throne and deposes the Mad King.
Cersei Lannister = Elizabeth Woodville. A legendary beauty who is nonetheless not considered the best potential wife for the new king.
Renly Baratheon = George of Clarence. A dashing and popular brother of the king, who dies before being able to take power himself.
Stannis Baratheon = Richard III of Gloucester. The quieter and less well-liked brother of the king, who lusts for power.
Joffrey/Tommen Baratheon = Edward V. The King's son and heir, whose legitimacy is questioned by his uncles.
Jaime Lannister = Anthony, Earl Rivers. The Queen's unpopular brother, disliked by members of the King's family in particular.
Bran and Rickon Stark = The Princes in the Tower whose bodies were lost and never found.
Dany or Aegon Targaryen/Blackfyre = Henry Tudor. A distant relative of the Mad King who ends up as principle heir and comes from nowhere to ultimately save the realm, quite unexpectedly.

:wow:

Nymeria

Pro
Daps
Reppin
Dorne.
I think GRRM himself even said he took inspiration from the War of the Roses but I'm not sure if it's in writing, probably at a con.

twan83

GOAT FATHER
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Texas
ok im all caught up finally

on ep 9 i was like wtf they killed the stark mom and son outta nowhere but robb wife got merked real bad im mean stabbed like she wasnt shyt :to:

looking forward too season 3

it seems like the remaining starks might join khaleesi though cuz of hatred for lannister family with the imp possible helping them too