Fukk that other thread...FOXCATCHER IS GOOD

beaniemac

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
I heard of this movie from steve carrell appearing on howard stern last month. anyways, I knew what this would be about. about 1/2 way thru, and this movie is pretty good. carrell and channing tatum are doing well in their roles IMO. this is not an action movie, so I'm not mad that it's moving at the rate that it does.

beaniemac

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
these duponts must have crazy money. dupont has invented lots of shyt like kevlar, teflon, stainmaster carpet, and lycra. you know their money is super long.

when we talk about generation wealth and black folks not having it, this is the kinda thing that shows you the extent of this.

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
I'm not sure what to think of this. It tries to be a character study where you're supposed to read the hints and put it together yourself, but the movie is so reluctant of diving beneath the surface that it just feels like a shallow enterprise. That leaves so little to study that the movie pretty much has nothing to tell. And I thought the acting wasn't that good, so all that was left was the confident direction, which did captivate me by how relentless it was in its cold depiction of this tragic story. A shame they didn't go as in-depth into the story as it deserved.

KevCo

Bond's gun spoke once....
Daps
Reppin
The Weird Side
this and whiplash atwo fav movies this year....I knew the story going in, I was just surprised by how well Carell did, and Im not a fan of him. Tatumwas great as Mark, and I really liked how it was very documentary like. Heres a good clip of John Du Pont in 1988.....

hope there is more stuff like this on the blu ray

LezJepzin

We Wavy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
50East/Sacramento, CA
Just saw the film. I never thought the relationship between Mark Schultz and du Pont was sexual. I think Mark got mentally fukked by du Pont trying to figure him out while at the same time, trying to please him. In the movie, Dave and Mark's characters discuss their lack of family structure growing up, moving all over the place, parents splitting up when he was only two. He was more looking for acceptance. As his character was first shown in the movie before meeting du Pont, Mark was very much the introvert, despite being an Olympic gold medalist. When du Pont brought him to his estate, Mark became highly grateful and didn't want to let him down. But everything changed when du Pont somehow finally convinced his brother to come to Foxcatcher . That had to do with that discussion du Pont had with Mark regarding being in his brother's shadow.
He thought having his brother there now eclipsed his chance of being his own man instead of help train the athletes.

I give the movie 4 out of 5 stars. I understand a lot about why John du Pont was the way he was but I was a little lost when Mark started abusing drugs and alcohol during training. His mental state I could relate for I've been around people with mental health issues in my lifetime.

If he was twelve lbs over weight, how did he even make it to Nationals in the first place :what: I get the eating binge but no way he could've gained that weight that fast . I know wrestling has VERY strict rules regarding making weight. They kind of made a mockery of that in the film.

Poetical Poltergeist

Precise and cold hearted
Daps
Reppin
Mile in the Sky
The pacing is what brings you his film down. Good acting but they took a bland approach in telling the story. There's some good wrestling stuff, I've alway like wrestling, my nephew will be a state champ in a few years. But this film really doesn't show any thing, it just kind of drags along to the next scene. Could of been better.