FOX Acquires West African Fantasy Novel "Children of Blood and Bone" in Blockbuster Deal

D-NICE

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Nashville Tenn
Congrats to this woman. :salute:

Whatever she has written must be flames if they given her a movie deal and possibly the largest publishing contract in her genre.

Mook

We should all strive to be like Mr. Rogers.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Raleigh
[
Describing it as avatar meets black lives matter has me turned off

Just make it good

They make it sound like its chasing tbe next hip thing but thats probably just stupid fans

What does that even mean though?

Book must be bananas though. It's not even published and they dropped Mills on her and it's a black book.

Black Trash!

Philosopher, Connoisseur, Future Legend
Daps
Reppin
Na
[

What does that even mean though?

Book must be bananas though. It's not even published and they dropped Mills on her and it's a black book.

It means i dont want to hear a new work described as one previous work meets another

It makes it sound like its derivative and turns me off from reading it

Last edited:

Mook

We should all strive to be like Mr. Rogers.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Raleigh
It means i dont want to hear a new work as one previous work meets another

It makes it sound like its derivative and turns me off from reading it

Nah I mean WTF does black lives matter meet avatar even mean.

NoGutsNoGLory

Superstar
Daps
Congrats to this woman. :salute:

Whatever she has written must be flames if they given her a movie deal and possibly the largest publishing contract in her genre.
Forreal, George RR Martin got payed shyt in comparison so she must have something good on her hands.

Turk

Young, Gifted, and Black
Daps
Reppin
Southside
She only a lil but older than me getting 7 figure publishing deals. I need to get serious about my writing :wow:

KING WILL

Superstar
Daps
about 1/4 of the way thru. its a slightly above avg right now. But the events that happening atm got me excited about the rest of the book. I can def see why they gave her the movie deal. If done right, its gonna be a cash cow for sure. I hope she get a percentage of the box office too.

detroitwalt

Superstar
Daps
Almost finished with the audio book. I like the way it's written. It's similar to ASOIAF where each chapter is from a character's POV. This book only has 4 POVs so it's not overwhelming at all. The story definitely gave me A:TLAB vibes off rip and that's not a bad thing. Don't like the BLM comparison in the OP, that's just silly. I fukk with this book tho. Next one is slated.to drop in December according to Amazon

KING WILL

Superstar
Daps
about 1/4 of the way thru. its a slightly above avg right now. But the events that happening atm got me excited about the rest of the book. I can def see why they gave her the movie deal. If done right, its gonna be a cash cow for sure. I hope she get a percentage of the box office too.

Yo! This was a really good book. Started good, then just pressing on the gas! Ive read 40+ books in the last 18 months, or so and this one is def in the top 10. prolly checking in round 7.

A few weeks ago I had the chance to order the 2nd book on Target for like 40% off. I should have pulled the trigger. Im def checking for the 2nd book tho.

detroitwalt

Superstar
Daps
Almost finished with the audio book. I like the way it's written. It's similar to ASOIAF where each chapter is from a character's POV. This book only has 4 POVs so it's not overwhelming at all. The story definitely gave me A:TLAB vibes off rip and that's not a bad thing. Don't like the BLM comparison in the OP, that's just silly. I fukk with this book tho. Next one is slated.to drop in December according to Amazon
Finished this a little while ago. Note from the author at the end is really touching. She talks about how the book was written because of the young black people killed by police simply for being black. She mentioned Tamir Rice, Philando Castille and others.

duckbutta

eienaar van mans
Daps
Reppin
DFW
"Avatar meets black lives matter"...

This much pub without the book being released which is about a big as a "no no" as you will ever find in the literary world...

I will keep it on my radar but...the wenching could be strong with this one:mjpls:

Fox putting that much money in some pro black shyt :mjpls:

I bet they realized that black panther was really about what black people will sacrifice for white people and they know this story will make a killing:mjpls:

detroitwalt

Superstar
Daps
"Avatar meets black lives matter"...

This much pub without the book being released which is about a big as a "no no" as you will ever find in the literary world...

I will keep it on my radar but...the wenching could be strong with this one:mjpls:

Fox putting that much money in some pro black shyt :mjpls:

I bet they realized that black panther was really about what black people will sacrifice for white people and they know this story will make a killing:mjpls:
Book is out. Next one drops in December. Thread was started 2 years ago