First Look At The First Big Baller Brand Sneaker "ZO2" UPDATE: THIS SH*T COST $495

L&HH

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
PG x MD
Crazy thing is, if you just removed the BBB and placed a louie v on the side of the shoe, no one would be saying a damn thing about the price.

This issue is really exposing the levels of consumerism in social media.
LV is a 150+ year old brand that has built there way up to be able to charge $500 a sneaker, this is a bad comparison. Plus they're clear luxury brand not an athletic apparel company.

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
Again, you are not following what I am saying. Bentley can't lower the price because (1) it knows who the consumers are and knows the company is not targeting everybody only people who are wealthy enough to buy luxury cars therefore the price is justified (2) I am sure there is something about the Bentley Car itself that differentiates it from a Honda Accord, I am not a car connoisseur but I know that luxury cars have some tangible feature that differentiates them from "regular' car (3) Bentley didn't pop up in 2017 out the gate and is a company that stretches almost a 100 years ago therefore has had the time to build their BRAND and reputation to command six figure prices for cars.

Those are the 3 points I am making that go into pricing and eventually why Bentley is pricing its cars at six figures. In order to price something you need to know who your customers are in addition to my 2nd and 3rd point. That's not feeling sorry for people, that's what is going to allow you to become a profitable company because if you are essentially pricing out your customer base you are not profitable because your sales are down because nobody is buying your stuff. Every company like I said has a target customer base and they don't sell everything to everybody. There is actually research that goes into rolling out a product.

Lavar Ball doesn't know his customer base, doesn't have a BRAND yet because his son hasn't played a NBA game yet, and there is nothing about this shoe that differentiates it from the competitors in terms of materials used to manufacture it. So why charge $500?
so are we saying that isn't real crocodile leather :ohhh:

rapbeats

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
they can do that because they built the brand up. you can't just price a damn shoe $500.

this is klay thompson's china shoes

lexmrfxt8toosdyvq3ve.jpg

imagine those chinese nikkas priced this at $500. wouldnt the whole world laugh at them?

you gotta build the brand up first. you gotta know your place. lonzo didn't do a damn thing in the nba. i understand if he was a superstar. all this nikka is a nba prospect. he ain't did nothing but play a decent ball in college.

this sh1t makes me mad. lavar ball offends me. he's putting too much pressure to his sons. all joke is on him if lonzo busts.
you still aint getting it. he's not just trying to sell a shoe off of his sons basketball status. he's doing it like its high end apparel. which is why the shoe looks like that. he could've just came with a nice looking basketball shoe that looked like it was for the courts only but with a little tech in it (Air, gel, etc.) that kind of shoe would've had to be priced down a lot. and it would've had to be more on par with Zo's status as a nba player. but what they're doing is more of a fashion thing just so happens its from a basketball perspective.

• Dap
Reactions: PS4

rapbeats

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
sneakers, hats and t-shirts don't scream high fashion, especially performance gear. Unless you work at Foot Locker, you're not wearing these sneakers to work. For $500 kicks, the second someones scuffs them, you have to fukk them up. No words. Kids die over shoes worth half as much as these.
These aint for kids bruh. unless your last name is Smith and your first name is jaden. Ballers only.

Look i'm riding with ball on this one and i know good and well i aint about to drop 450 on em. i got it. But not for no SHOES. shoot. i aint dropping 200 for jordans or yeezies. i'll let yall blow yalls money like that. not I.
but i aint stupid either. and i know my limits.

rapbeats

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
LV is a 150+ year old brand that has built there way up to be able to charge $500 a sneaker, this is a bad comparison. Plus they're clear luxury brand not an athletic apparel company.
its not the point. the point is. YOU believe LV is great because THEY say so. no other reason. its not like their sneakers are made out of the highest end material all the time. some are. but some of their regular stuff is the same leather thats on these basketball kicks. no different. and the LV's dont even look all that hot. but because they have that logo on them you want to cop because you know a real rich person has a pair so you almost rich people or you half brokees(most of us..lol.) are trying to cop a pair to feel big time like the real big timers.

these shoes are for big timers. you start stupid high and make it high end.

ask Elon Musk if he should've waited to make his first luxury car after he started with a super small family vehicle or vehicle for high school kids that was priced under 10k. that dude started with a car worth 65k to like 90K. then worked his way back down to semi normal priced cars. there isnt one way to do it folks.

NZA

LOL
Daps
Reppin
Run Thru U Like Skattebo
reminds me of those kobe shoes. im assuming they are charging this price because the tooling for the shoe will cost a ton and the production run is too small to spread the costs over a smaller MSRP.

rapbeats

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
reminds me of those kobe shoes. im assuming they are charging this price because the tooling for the shoe will cost a ton and the production run is too small to spread the costs over a smaller MSRP.
this is for sure some of the reasons for the high price. but most people dont understand economics. so it is what it is. all they will say is "why yall charge so much?"

then cry about how nike has kids working in sweatshops overseas.

wel you dont want to pay top dollar if it's not made in a sweatshop. so here ya go a nice pair of sweat shop jordans.

now granted for all we know he's making the shoes in the same sweatshop but if he doesnt have an order for 1 million pair like a pair of brons from nike. then he wont get the same rate per shoe. thats just ....economics .

Tony D'Amato

It's all about the inches
Daps
Reppin
Inches
N1ggaz comparing bbb to gucci :what:

is bbb gonna handcraft these in italy or are chinese slaves gonna make em :jbhmm:

rapbeats

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Again, you are not following what I am saying. Bentley can't lower the price because (1) it knows who the consumers are and knows the company is not targeting everybody only people who are wealthy enough to buy luxury cars therefore the price is justified (2) I am sure there is something about the Bentley Car itself that differentiates it from a Honda Accord, I am not a car connoisseur but I know that luxury cars have some tangible feature that differentiates them from "regular' car (3) Bentley didn't pop up in 2017 out the gate and is a company that stretches almost a 100 years ago therefore has had the time to build their BRAND and reputation to command six figure prices for cars.

Those are the 3 points I am making that go into pricing and eventually why Bentley is pricing its cars at six figures. In order to price something you need to know who your customers are in addition to my 2nd and 3rd point. That's not feeling sorry for people, that's what is going to allow you to become a profitable company because if you are essentially pricing out your customer base you are not profitable because your sales are down because nobody is buying your stuff. Every company like I said has a target customer base and they don't sell everything to everybody. There is actually research that goes into rolling out a product.

Lavar Ball doesn't know his customer base, doesn't have a BRAND yet because his son hasn't played a NBA game yet, and there is nothing about this shoe that differentiates it from the competitors in terms of materials used to manufacture it. So why charge $500?
how do you know lavar doesnt know his customer base? is it because a bunch of average money makers to below average money makers THOUGHT the shoe would be for them? Well you thought wrong. it aint for us. it's for BALLLLERS. the wealthy, the rich people. those entertainers you see that got it like that. the kids of money making businesses.

i will say this one last time. Elon Musk did it with tesla. he created his own Mercedes Benz big body without creating a honda civic first. how did he pull it off? sure it had some stuff people wanted in it. But he knew who could afford it. and he knew who he was aiming at. lavar knows exactly who he's aiming at. and it surely isnt you or I.

So never say it can be done a different way then what you've first were told or seen. Tesla has proved it can worked completely differently out the gate.
They literally did it backwards. the started with a super luxury price point, then started to come down to a semi normal price point on their next vehicle. you know how many people were pissed when they found out the cheapest tesla was like 65k, and the edition with everything in it was like 90k. so what. he didnt make it for REGULAR people.

O.T.I.S.

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
Onething i do know is that people are FOLLOWERS

Thing is, I understand why the shoes are $500.

So if they give the shoes out to people to wear, the other brothers rocking them, kids are rocking them and different colorways, if the look good AND are comfortable and quality then these can be a decent selling shoe...

Especially if Ball comes in hooping like crazy .

But if the shoes are falling apart on the court, lonzo is playing like shyt, and Lonzo abandons the shoes then they will crash and burn

rapbeats

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Wtf are you talking about ??stop with these false examples . Give examples of all the great business moves lavar ball is doing and how he's giving back to the black community? Look at his wife and the area he lives in . He's doing this for himself and his family bottom line . Stop acting like he's doing all this amazing work
you completely missed the other posters point. even though the ball family is half white outside of lavar. and he's doing it for his family/close friends who were down from the get go. how we all should do it.

If other very rich black athletes got down with him. they could invest in him create more wealth for their 100% all black families. now this "what are they doing for the black community" talk is silly. what business you know "do stuff for the white community" some do. but a lot of them are just making money and taking it to the house and keeping it close to home/family /close friends. if you have some other all black investors. well at worse their younger all black kids could have a nice internship/job to go to during/after college to learn the business. But if you wait and see which white person or asian investors will hop on the bandwagon. then thats your own fault.

Mars

Superstar
Daps
Wtf are you talking about ??stop with these false examples . Give examples of all the great business moves lavar ball is doing and how he's giving back to the black community? Look at his wife and the area he lives in . He's doing this for himself and his family bottom line . Stop acting like he's doing all this amazing work

When the fukk did I say he was doing great work for the black community ?,,,,this is one of the reasons that we as black people will never make progress as a whole.

New PS4,iphone or Nike sneakers drops...."I'm buying that shyt kid"...."Lets stand on line overnight"

Black man starts a business..."Bu bu but,whats he doing for black people ?"

By the way,Lavar would be creating jobs for black people if he opened factories in detroit and mississippi.

Last edited: