first day of college, you walk into the school gym and see

Drip Bayless

Superstar
Daps
nikka why don't you ask about me. I'm far from new on these boards. Don't really like to participate in bets proving shyt because honestly it usually brings out the haters. Proving how much I have in my account is a waste of my time. Unless you're a bank looking to give me money for a project, I have better things to do than to prove no name individuals that I have assets.
:ehh:No time for fukkery, I respect that.
tumblr_majfg69bv01rus8c2-2.gif

Get that money breh:wow:

godkiller

"We are the Fury"
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Law offices love names, that's their shyt. Trust me, I have friends going to law schools in a couple of states. I've actually had a couple of people who transferred to a law school with a bigger name and almost immediately received internships at law firms (THAT HAD PREVIOUSLY TURNED THEM DOWN) just because of the new names. Kids don't aim to go to big law schools just to do it, the NAME of the law school matters a lot. Even if their are SOME positions that will give preferential treatment to smaller/lesser ranked schools, these are exceptions to the rule. Why else do you think applicants to law schools are so concerned about rankings? If you've ever been on a law school campus, these kids WAIT on the annual rankings as if they're the next Spider-Man comic, it's crazy. What the clown above you, as well as you yourself, are talking about is the exception to the rule, but by and large, the higher your law school ranking on a national scale, the more likely you are to get a good internship/position.

- This thread took a side turn because people were offended that I pointed out the school in the O/P wasn't that highly ranked, so now they're trying to turn it in to a race issue. I never said anything bad about HBCU's at all, but you know how much the militants on this site love to be offended

If you don't believe me then whats the point of law school rankings at all? Why do you think kids fight tooth and nail to get higher LSAT scores so they can get in to those higher ranked law schools? You think it's just random? :yeshrug:

Your just doing a bunch of name-dropping. Why don't you post actual proof that Howard doesn't get preferential treatment?

hotbeezie

Go Dawgzz!!!!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Louisiana
How you gonna be black and shyt on ya HBCUs
:wow:

Me personally the only reason I chose LaTech over Grambling was because they didn't have civil engineering as a major.

(And I thought I still had a chance to go to the league)
:lolbron:

I ended up switching majors to Medical Technology anyway but by then I already had two quarters under my belt

(LaTech uses the quarter system)
:yeshrug:

But you gotta remember these were the schools that would accept when white folks wouldn't let us into their universities....so yea, even if you didn't go for whatever reason pay homage, show some respect or whatever for your local HBCUs before they try to phase them out.

:mjcry:

Amphibious

Land, water, wherever.
Daps
I want those jumbo titties on the bytch at the end with the white shirt.

Big Boss

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
breh Grambling dropped that beat on Alcorn after they beat us last year.:wow:

had a breh :sadcam:
but it was so dope the black in me wanted to:lawd: They stormed the field and everything cause we had stomped them 48-0 the year before (made them quit :lolbron: )

The Champs will get our revenge when they come to the yard next season though :demonic:

them hbcu football games:ohlawd: