First Amazing Spider-Man 2 Reviews In :lupe:

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps
I thought about that when I was watching it and of course I was thinking that when shyt started happening in Cap and its tough to get behind the suspense of the flick when you know everything will be safe at the end of the day
take it you have never been a bond fan right? cuz other than her majesty secret service dude has never caught an L in 40+ entries and that shyt is suspenseful as hell :youngsabo:

MostReal

Bandage Hand Steph
Daps
For me, there is a difference between being entertained and a movie "grabbing" you having you like :ohhh: and the dark knight is a perfect example of this. Avengers and Cap were both entertaining, but in terms of "classic" flicks that I love and watch over and over again, there is something more there than just entertainment, something deeper, that I didn't get from Cap 2 and a lot of the superhero flicks that have been coming out. This applies to ironman 2, 3, spidey, thor, etc. And of course everyone is going to have a differing opinion, but those are my two cents. I want to see more innovation or risk taking with these movies. Instead they're extremely formulaic and are essentially a money grab. I just don't feel like directors are particularly "inspired" to do comic book films but that they do it because its a career boost and they can make a lot of money.

you are right. I was speaking to my breh about this. Spidey's comics story telling have the ability to grab you like the dark knight but for some reason the movie will not take it there. Its like they are scared to 'scare' little kids :beli:

Sensitive Blake Griffin

Banned
Supporter
Daps
you are right. I was speaking to my breh about this. Spidey's comics story telling have the ability to grab you like the dark knight but for some reason the movie will not take it there. Its like they are scared to 'scare' little kids :beli:
they'd be so much better served to stop with the formulaic shyt and do a story that has twists and turns, take the dark knight for example, I seriously thought the movie was over or about to be over once Joker got arrested, til it turned out it was all apart of his plan. A lot of the superheroes have no depth of character, they have a set of principles that they stick to NO MATTER WHAT, in most superhero movies, the villain is what really makes the movie, and in most of these the villains are :beli: status or it's nearly impossible for the superhero to lose due to his sheer power/abilities. The Joker did beat the batman in a lot of ways, even though he ended up getting caught himself. I really think Guardian's of the Galaxy has A LOT of potential to be a really good memorable comic book flick.

Kaypain

#SuicideGang
Supporter
Daps
well they gave the first movie a 6 so we on the same page :ehh:....no fuks is given about the love story, im not paying to watch two mufukkas kiss :beli: even worse they a real life couple :scusthov:.....give me dope action and a dope villain or gtfoh :camby:

Meh, I feel you breh but with spider man, Peter's story has to be front and center. Agree to disagree on that one. And I could be wrong but I thought their reviewer gave it a 7. But they'll be the first to tell you that all reviews don't speak for everyone at the company, just the reviewer. He didn't like it but the rest of their movie crew does :yeshrug:

Brehs keep it real

We all know it's a pathetic attempt to compromise with the female audience cuz nikkas gonna be taking their girls to see it and bytches don't give a fukk about this shyt. Took my girl to The Avengers 3D @ iMax and she fell asleep.

So they throw that corny love arc into

Czerka

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Brehs keep it real

We all know it's a pathetic attempt to compromise with the female audience cuz nikkas gonna be taking their girls to see it and bytches don't give a fukk about this shyt. Took my girl to The Avengers 3D @ iMax and she fell asleep.

Brehs keep it real

So why do they have love arcs in comics? Women don't read comics

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
take it you have never been a bond fan right? cuz other than her majesty secret service dude has never caught an L in 40+ entries and that shyt is suspenseful as hell :youngsabo:

Breh I'm a huge bond fan. I'm talking about these particular comic book flicks but in Bond it works for me and I guess it's because of the tone of some of the Bond flicks and because I saw a lot of them as a little kid. But with Bond it's not about if he'll get out of it, it's about how, and they always manage to make it suspenseful as to the how

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Brehs keep it real

:yeshrug: Stan Lee said he created a soap opera that had a fight break out every now and then. That shyt is in Spider-Man's DNA man..Gwen, MJ, Felicia, Betty, Liz

obarth

R.I.P Char
Poster of the Year
Daps
Reppin
Pawgs with dragons
aint that kinda pathetic tho breh :usure:....niccas be like "the action in that movie was :scusthov: and uncle ben death was just :beli:"
then that one nicca like "but the chemistry between garfield and stone tho :ohlawd:"
:heh:
The action was fine to me, and Garfield played a great Spiderman:manny: I've seen Uncle Ben die enough times that I really don't give a fukk how it's portrayed for the hundredth time:manny: As far as Garfield and Stone, I don't see the issue with that being a highlight of the movie. I know coli nikkas don't like women, but Peter Parker's girl has always been a big part of Spiderman and they both did a great job in their roles:manny:

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
The action was fine to me, and Garfield played a great Spiderman:manny: I've seen Uncle Ben die enough times that I really don't give a fukk how it's portrayed for the hundredth time:manny: As far as Garfield and Stone, I don't see the issue with that being a highlight of the movie. I know coli nikkas don't like women, but Peter Parker's girl has always been a big part of Spiderman and they both did a great job in their roles:manny:

:ohhh::deadrose::deadrose: