Ethiopia Rising Again Firmly

MewTwo

Freeing Pokemon From Their Masters Since 1996
Daps
Reppin
Cerulean Cave
i just came back from over there. people mad friendly. addis is dusty as shyt tho, a nikkas mucus was literally black :scusthov: will have to go back to further explore bole though :banderas:

saw they buildin up the freeway system and all that. the country was nice too. lalibela, bahir dar, the mountains

overall it gets a :obama: next time i go back i wanna learn the language, some nikkas thought i was from there i was like :whoa: might have some ethio blood in the family lines :whoo:

You atleast took pictures?

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
I'm not buying it.

I have a friend that was JUST over there doing AID work and I even talked to her on Skype. The place is in a major rut right now.
she in the peace corps? we ran into some girl that was doin that too. now i mean it obviously aint all that but they tryna make moves over there.

you talkin infrastructure or like quality of life or what

edit:
You atleast took pictures?
yeah i gotta sort through them and shyt tho i aint pressed to do all that tho

dg5or4.jpg

2558ec7.jpg

but i didnt spend a lot of time in addis tho so i dont really got pictures of all that if thats what you mean

You only hang with pro-West Cacs so we know why :rudy:
oh, he on that tip :mjpls:

Last edited:

2Quik4UHoes

Why you had to go?
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Norfeast groovin…
I'm not buying it.

I have a friend that was JUST over there doing AID work and I even talked to her on Skype. The place is in a major rut right now.

The country has never been this developed before. Ethiopia is also the second most populous country on the continent so the advancements haven't fully changed the lives of the citizens but the changes are happening gradually. So your friend is right in that it's still things that need to be fixed, but Ethiopia has one of the fastest growing economies in the world I think its still on that double digit growth. Stability is key to long term development, so your friend will see things differently if things stay in order.

Serious

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
1st Round Playoff Exits
@Elle Driver :sas2:

The country has never been this developed before. Ethiopia is also the second most populous country on the continent so the advancements haven't fully changed the lives of the citizens but the changes are happening gradually. So your friend is right in that it's still things that need to be fixed, but Ethiopia has one of the fastest growing economies in the world I think its still on that double digit growth. Stability is key to long term development, so your friend will see things differently if things stay in order.

So how much would a developing nation like Ethiopia prop up, if a stream of black engineers and physics majors, from somewhere like the US, entered the country. :lupe:

2Quik4UHoes

Why you had to go?
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Norfeast groovin…
@Elle Driver :sas2:

So how much would a developing nation like Ethiopia prop up, if a stream of black engineers and physics majors, from somewhere like the US, entered the country. :lupe:

They'd prolly breakdance in the middle of the street if they got that kinda brain gain. If there's one thing Ethiopia and Ghana haven't taken advantage of its their popularity as repatriation countries for Black people from the West. But you'd eat like a king over there, my uncle was a doctor in NYC and moved back to build a hospital and teach university courses so the demand is there especially for engineers.

Serious

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
1st Round Playoff Exits
They'd prolly breakdance in the middle of the street if they got that kinda brain gain. If there's one thing Ethiopia and Ghana haven't taken advantage of its their popularity as repatriation countries for Black people from the West. But you'd eat like a king over there, my uncle was a doctor in NYC and moved back to build a hospital and teach university courses so the demand is there especially for engineers.
:patrice: I'm starting to think if America wants to make it hard for young Brehs with degrees to make a living, why isn't there some type of pipeline setup so cats can help build up other nations abroad, primarily, nations in Africa....

2Quik4UHoes

Why you had to go?
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Norfeast groovin…
:patrice: I'm starting to think if America wants to make it hard for young Brehs with degrees to make a living, why isn't there some type of pipeline setup so cats can help build up other nations abroad, primarily, nations in Africa....

Honestly I have no idea, it's something Africans are really slippin on its one of those "I wish I ran that country" type of deals cuz I'd have full repatriation rights and a pathway for employment for professional Black people.

If nothin else, working in Africa provide professionals like you with much needed experience especially when you consider all the work that's still to be done in these emerging markets. It's repatriated Black people and other Africans living in Ethiopia but that's usually on some spiritual shyt or cuz of deportation, the few that come for other reasons usually go back and forth to run a business but if you go through the embassy I'm sure there's a way. You should pursue it, jus go through the right avenues cuz you'd be welcomed with open arms if you made it out there.

Serious

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
1st Round Playoff Exits
Honestly I have no idea, it's something Africans are really slippin on its one of those "I wish I ran that country" type of deals cuz I'd have full repatriation rights and a pathway for employment for professional Black people.

If nothin else, working in Africa provide professionals like you with much needed experience especially when you consider all the work that's still to be done in these emerging markets. It's repatriated Black people and other Africans living in Ethiopia but that's usually on some spiritual shyt or cuz of deportation, the few that come for other reasons usually go back and forth to run a business but if you go through the embassy I'm sure there's a way. You should pursue it, jus go through the right avenues cuz you'd be welcomed with open arms if you made it out there.
Idk but for me as of lately, I've been looking into the even more polarizing inequality in America, and have just been rapidly seeing a wave of African-Americans on the verge of being even more displaced by the lackof focus on education and in demand skills. Not mention the focuses and needs that help sustain a population. Honestly there's no way around it, but there needs to be more black engineers period. And if theyy''re underemployed or can't find work here, why help develop a nation abroad that needs engineers. And what if there were more programs here in America that really focused on pushed the next. generation young cats into taking advanced math and science courses....

Idk I'm still just thinking out loud at this point and haven't really pinpointed a plan of execution yet, but I don't why blacks in America can't be apart of rebuilding nations abroad in Africa like the Chinese are capitalizing off....

Poitier

My Words Law
Supporter
Daps
Idk but for me as of lately, I've been looking into the even more polarizing inequality in America, and have just been rapidly seeing a wave of African-Americans on the verge of being even more displaced by the lackof focus on education and in demand skills. Not mention the focuses and needs that help sustain a population. Honestly there's no way around it, but there needs to be more black engineers period. And if theyy''re underemployed or can't find work here, why help develop a nation abroad that needs engineers. And what if there were more programs here in America that really focused on pushed the next. generation young cats into taking advanced math and science courses....

A social media campaign and connects on both sides could get it going.