Status
Not open for further replies.

The_Sheff

A Thick Sauce N*gga
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATL to MEM
The only people who think you can monitor what your child is doing or looking at 100% of the time are people who don't have children. There is nothing wrong with admitting you need help, after all isn't that why people say "it takes a village". In this case YouTube needs to do more to curb this shyt. If you had kids you would know the environment around them will influence them just as much as you do. So you keep him from YouTube at home but what happens when he goes over his friends house or goes to school and is introduced to it there by someone else. Are you going to be hovering over your child at sleepovers? Are you going to ingrain in him that YouTube is evil so much that when his best friend pulls out a phone and pulls it up he runs away screaming?

Nobody is saying protection has to be 100% on YouTube but they can do more.

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang
The only people who think you can monitor what your child is doing or looking at 100% of the time are people who don't have children. There is nothing wrong with admitting you need help, after all isn't that why people say "it takes a village". In this case YouTube needs to do more to curb this shyt. If you had kids you would know the environment around them will influence them just as much as you do. So you keep him from YouTube at home but what happens when he goes over his friends house or goes to school and is introduced to it there by someone else. Are you going to be hovering over your child at sleepovers? Are you going to ingrain in him that YouTube is evil so much that when his best friend pulls out a phone and pulls it up he runs away screaming?

Nobody is saying protection has to be 100% on YouTube but they can do more.
Nah, the point here is that you should monitor your kid being on YouTube. And you can do this.

Computers have the built in resources and mechanisms to limit access.

Saying you can't control when your small child uses the internet is bullshyt.

无名的

Superstar
Daps
My oh my, what did parents do prior to 2003. :youmadcam:

Your child's having a problem adjusting to society.

Your solution is:

Hold this iPad and watch YouTube videos.
:Lukesure:

Tell me how you parent your kids

:ohhh:

Disney Collector has 285 million views on this video and make tens of millions per year on these videos. Tell me more about all the bad parents.

Last edited:

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang
Tell me how you parent your kids

Disney Collector has 285 million views on this video and make tens of millions per year on these videos. Tell me more about all the bad parents.

But you're complaining about YouTube not being Disney.

if you can't see the problem that's on you. this is another rehash of the corny HBO v-chip argument from the 90s.

Further, I am not sure what point you're attempting to make by saying people watch Disney videos on YouTube.

The issue is that you should be monitoring what your kids watch on an open source like YouTube if you're going to use it.

Further, saying a lot of other parents YouTube parent their children really isn't any proof that it's a great concept.

But for starters, for me and my children, we will spend more time with human interaction and I'm not going to put headphones on them and give them a damn iPad when we go out for dinner.

:yeshrug:

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang
Interestingly enough this advertisement was at the bottom of the page:

Discover The Forest

Fern.jpg

The_Sheff

A Thick Sauce N*gga
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATL to MEM
Nah, the point here is that you should monitor your kid being on YouTube. And you can do this.

Again missing the point entirely and maybe this speaks on the way society as a whole is going. You can not monitor what your kid is doing 100% of the time, not possible, and you shouldn't be expected to. When I was a kid I had a bike and I could leave the house and go down to my cousins house, or a friends house, or to the store, or wherever the hell I wanted as long as I was back by a certain time. You know why I could do that, not only because my mom trusted me but because she trusted the environment I was in. She knew if I was around my boys house his parents would make sure I'm aight, if I was at the park playing ball there were people there who would look out for me if something happened, etc... Everyone looked out for you because in return you were expected to look out for them and theirs. Today, you let your kid walk up the street to the park alone and a mufukka is likely to call the police and have you ticketed for abandonment. There is this feeling that not only are you 100% responsible for this child but it's expected that you should be personally monitoring them at all times, hence the term "helicopter parenting".

How does this relate to the topic, well now we not only have a physical environment but there is a digital environment as well. You can block your child from YouTube at home but again, what happens when he goes to school and a friend wants to show him a Spider-Man cartoon clip on YouTube? There is a high chance one of those inappropriate videos will show up in the recommended list and they will see it. What happens when the kid is spending the night at grandpa's house and uses a phone, etc...... You are thinking of it as this is only a problem for 2 year olds, I can assure you it's a problem for age ranges much higher than that and the older your child gets the less you will be able to 100% monitor every little thing they could possibly do.

So it comes to asking for help from YouTube on tweeting the algorithms or something to keep that shyt away from areas it doesn't belong. In Germany they just passed a law that fines social media companies if they do not perform due diligence in removing hate speech, fake news, illegal content, etc...... But using your logic that shouldn't happen right because purposely misleading and dangerous content should just be avoided by the user, you can't expect content curators to be responsible for what is on their platform. And finally I don't understand why removing or limiting access to said content is not already a focus point for YouTube as it would be in their best interest to do so. Aren't content creators paid ad revenue for video views? Well we have a case here where people are purposely creating videos and tags to steal views from legit content and earn ad revenue.

Maschine_Man

Banned
Supporter
Daps

you can't do this all the time though.

I agree you should be making sure your kids are monitored with what they watch(and how much they watch) but it's just not possible to do this 100% of the time. especially with friends, school, neighbours, babysitters, etc.

ExodusNirvana

Change is inevitable...
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
you can't do this all the time though.

I agree you should be making sure your kids are monitored with what they watch(and how much they watch) but it's just not possible to do this 100% of the time. especially with friends, school, neighbours, babysitters, etc.
Then don't have kids WTF???

Yo posters are getting EXPOSED in this shyt right now, specifically RIGHT WING POSTERS AND THE CONSTANT HYPOCRISY

FREEDOM FREEDOM FREEDOM I DON'T WANT MY TAXES GOING TOWARDS STRANGERS MURICA!!!:beli:

But please look after my kids...I just don't have the time!! :mjcry:

greenygreen

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Yo posters are getting EXPOSED in this shyt right now, specifically RIGHT WING POSTERS AND THE CONSTANT HYPOCRISY

FREEDOM FREEDOM FREEDOM I DON'T WANT MY TAXES GOING TOWARDS STRANGERS MURICA!!!:beli:

:gurl:

Maschine_Man

Banned
Supporter
Daps

what the fukk are you talking about?

are your kids in your care 100% of the time??
no, so how do you expect to have control of what they see 100% of the time.

how the fukk did you turn this in to a right wing argument?

you fukking clowns have so much hate and on your mind you can't even see clearly.

Youtube should be cleaning up this garbage, parents should do a better job parenting, and that is that.

you going off on your fukked up tangent doesn't change shyt "don't have kids" :russ:

:camby:

Status
Not open for further replies.