Ebro calls out black hispanics and non-african American blacks

El Bombi

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:aicmon:

No different than Black/Jew Ebro

"In my lineage there are Jews, I would hope that in the end, before my life is over, I not only will have rendered a service to my own beloved community of black people but will also have rendered a service to the Jewish community," Farrakhan was quoted as saying.

I guess Ebro daughter would be considered Black and not Ebro.

getimage.aspx

Last edited:
Daps
Reppin
809 & 347
I think the skin color issues were part of the fabric of both cultures prior to US occupation, but I'd bet that actual laws were put on the books during and following the occupations. That's the american way....codified racism.
I read that during the first occupation of Haiti...the U.S. specifically sent Southern white soldiers as part of the occupying force because "they knew how to deal with Blacks". You can imagine the effect those rednecks had occupying a Black country.

Mulatto elite of Haiti historically has despised the poorer masses of Blacks...as much as Trujillo did.
In fact, not sure who was president of Haiti during the Parsely Massacre...but I think it was somebody from that class...and despite thousands of his countrymen being slaughtered......he didn't do shyt.....he eventually sued on behalf of the dead's familiies..and when DR paid.....he pocketed most of the money.

Colorism exist in DR since the colonial time. There were segregation in some part of DR after it gained it independence but it was never legal before or after the U.S occupation or during the Trujillo era.

On the bolded part its true. I did read about the U.S occupation in Haiti.

The Haitians elite were always light skinned till this day. And unfortunately they always looked after themselves and neglect the rest of the population. This is one the reasons why Haiti is in it situation today. Sténio Vincent was the president of Haiti during the Parsley massacre. I don't know how he responded the massacre but what you state is trye, then that was horrible what he did. Both nations were very very corrupted back then and are till this day. That's why the island of hispañola will never advance to 1st/2nd status.

Btw the massacre was started because there were many complaints from dominicans that the haitian were squatting land on DR side and were steal goats and chickens. Race didn't ignite the massacre but it was part of it.

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.

Yes. Trujillo required citizens to own/carry cedula or national ID cards.
There were racial categories for the cards. None of which were Negro or Black.
I'm going to guess Espana, Mulatto,Indio were the categories.
There were NO Dominican citizens legally categorized as being Black with the State.

content.png

1372075.jpg

C L O N E*0690//////
Daps
Reppin
uptXwn***///***///
it's as simple as treat others with the love you command to be treated with
but motherfukkers are terrible people all races included
world won't change for shyt

El Bombi

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Louise Little and Percival Clark married Black people but their black views shouldn't be respected because they are half-black. :ohhh: Only the Coli.

Caligula

a bene placito
Daps
Ebro is always talking about this shyt. People can keep their culture. He don't understand exclusivity. It's nothing wrong with wanting to be black and your culture. He is confused, and it might have to do with being him mixed and it might not. He just need to stop pushing this shyt so much. Let people be.

Which is exactly why I'm not watching the video. It's pretty condescending to minimize the issue down to just dropping national and cultural barriers; but now that I know he's biracial himself it makes sense, like that other breh said, lot's of people who have conflicting ideas about race and identity within themselves want for everyone else to erase their own to make them feel better.

Daps
Reppin
809 & 347
Yes. Trujillo required citizens to own/carry cedula or national ID cards.
There were racial categories for the cards. None of which were Negro or Black.
I'm going to guess Espana, Mulatto,Indio were the categories.
There were NO Dominican citizens legally categorized as being Black with the State.

content.png

1372075.jpg

If i can recall i remembering my grandpa telling me back during Trujillo era citizens must have 3 documents on them at all times. A cedula and "la palmita" ( a card that show you're loyal to Trujillo and his party) i forgot what's the other document the the citizens have to carry with them at all times, I think its the selective service system card. Anyways without have three documents on you at that time you will get arrested if the police stop you. Even today citizens over 18+ must have a cedula at all times or they will get arrested, it happened to me couple of times when i was living there at first since i didn't have 1 cos i lived in the U.S most of my life. The government don't often hand out cedulas to hatian decendents or illegals. With a cedula it will give proof to government officials that you are dominican or a legal resident.

I don't know if it had racial categories on cedula during trujillo era tho

BaileyPark31

Love, Peace, Health, and Wealth
Daps
Reppin
The Keystone State
This small part of your statement is most true. Along with the fact they won't feel the collective sting of ws as much as AAs.

Not that its their fault....

But those 2 facts are something nobody in this thread wants to acknowledge/ are in denial about.

Can u imagine if Trump threw paper towels at AA hurricane victims in Louisiana, told them they were poor, theyre costing the state money they can't pay back, FEMA was doing a GREAT job, and to "have a nice time" :laff:

Maaaan, AAs (minus a few hardcore c00ns) and even a few wyte libs would be burning down Trump Tower like :ninja2: ....... :ucku:...

But anyway, I think that was Ebros point. Minorities betta wake up and get in formation before you get hit in the face with some paper towels. :laff:

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
Colorism exist in DR since the colonial time. There were segregation in some part of DR after it gained it independence but it was never legal before or after the U.S occupation or during the Trujillo era.

On the bolded part its true. I did read about the U.S occupation in Haiti.

The Haitians elite were always light skinned till this day. And unfortunately they always looked after themselves and neglect the rest of the population. This is one the reasons why Haiti is in it situation today. Sténio Vincent was the president of Haiti during the Parsley massacre. I don't know how he responded the massacre but what you state is trye, then that was horrible what he did. Both nations were very very corrupted back then and are till this day. That's why the island of hispañola will never advance to 1st/2nd status.

Btw the massacre was started because there were many complaints from dominicans that the haitian were squatting land on DR side and were steal goats and chickens. Race didn't ignite the massacre but it was part of it.
Good post, though I disagree with the last sentence.

The mulatto(children of the French slavers and their African mistresses) elite have always had their own interests apart from the African majority. When those interests became common....the French and other european colonists were removed from the country. The motto on the flag ""L'union fait la force" roughly strength in unity" points to this. Once the blanc(white)is removed from the equation...the two groups go back to looking after their own interests. No group is wrong for looking out for themselves. It's in the elite's interest for the rest of the country to remain poor and uneducated....true in Haiti and everywhere in the world. Elite in Haiti take to extreme measures though....

Stenio Vincent did NOTHING after thousands of Haitians were slaughtered like animals.

About the last sentence in your post. There's an old school tactic that people used to use in this area before a bunch of guys jumped or robbed another person or group.
They'd roll up on the target(s)..and say loudly "which one of y'all jumped my cousin?"...Loud enough for everybody in the area to hear it. It was bullshyt, but it convinced everybody in the area that what was about to happen was justified (payback) and not an unprovoked attack. Bystanders would be less likely to help or get involved.
"who jumped my cousin" was just the pretext for the robbery/beatdown that followed

There were surely squatters and robberies committed by Haitian immigrants to DR....but the massacre of thousands of Blacks (Haitians and DRs) was in the works well before then and that was just the pretext.

IllmaticDelta

Veteran
Daps
And the fukking truth of the matter is different people have different struggles ... I dont expect an African American to appreciate the experience of having to send most of your earnings back home just for people to live or to navigate working in a country when you dont even have papers or access to a bank account.... so they shouldnt take offence when the average immigrant might not appreciate their struggles either.....

I didn't look at the video but the big difference is the afram struggle and fight for civil rights in the USA paved the way for all immigrants, especially immigrants of color. To me the importance is even more to the point for black immigrants because they benefit off of the grounds/foundations layed by aframs an often don't understand that/appreciate it.

im_sleep

Superstar
Daps
Man I couldn’t listen to all that rambling.

Folks need to be really specific with that “descendent of slaves” term because lately I’ve been seeing quite a few people speaking on folks from the Caribbean as if they’re not DoS as well.

Plus I’m not really buying that older, pre civil rights era Black immigrants, were really denying their Blackness like that.

IllmaticDelta

Veteran
Daps
But what makes him think Immigrants are distancing themselves ?????

And if thats the case how many African Americans (and there are quite a few) living in Nigeria have joined the protests over the government treatment of the Biafra movement over there???? I dint see any of them protesting but they are reaping the benefits of living in that country

How many African Americans living in Barcelona demonstrated over the weekend over Catalan independence ? .... cause all I saw were white faces

aframs do exist outside the usa but the numbers are miniscule while black immigrants are in the USA by the millions:usure:

Last edited:

IllmaticDelta

Veteran
Daps
If you Dominican and your parents came here In 60s 70s or 80s they will tell you straight up that the American blacks didn't accept them as black

that ain't true...more like they noticed dominicans had some :mjpls:dynamic going on

Did you know that legally there were NO Black Dominicans in DR for decades?

The dictator Trujillo, created school curricula that taught the country that the darker DRs descended from the native people who were on the island before the Spanish arrived. He issued national ID cards with NO Black racial category.....darker Dominicans were classified as Indio. The only Blacks legally were the Haitians there.
Guy was in charge for decades so perhaps several generations of DRs were taught this.

Ask your parents or grands..they'll tell you.

So you can imagine how American racial reality hit them having been taught that and coming here.

exactly

Development of Dominican Racial Identity through Antihaitianismo and the Indio Myth

Indio: Creation of the Myth

Three out of four Dominicans are of mixed European and African descent making it the nation with the highest amount of mulattos in the Americas. When asked to describe the Dominican race and identity, most people will contend Dominicans are not pure, but a mix. Second only to Brazil, the Dominican Republic has the largest amount of categories for race and color. Colors range from blanco (white), trigueño (wheat), indio or canela(brownish), moreno (dark brown), and negro (black), Indio being the most popular form of expressing race and color. Indio alludes to the indigenous people that presided in the island before the colonial era, but by acknowledging their Indigenous race, Dominicans fail to acknowledge their African ancestry.

CONFERENCE EXCERPT: To Be Dominican is to Not Be Haitian

True that. The nuyorikans and AAs had beef with us back then. They even called us speaking spanish negroes/ni**ers :mjpls:

a ton of ricans are exactly that:gucci: