Donald Glover Shares His Vision For Atlanta Season 2

kuts

All Star
Daps
I hope Atlanta comes back with some sort of plot...else it's

:camby:

Daps
Its an alright show, hopefully with the time between seasons we don't have an uneven season like the first.

I hope Atlanta comes back with some sort of plot...else it's

:camby:

:wtf: it's primetime black surrealism/comedy and y'all want that to change????

:snoop: just watch something else. There's a clear plot but y'all need to be spoon-fed. It'll take 3 seasons and 4 years before y'all appreciate the profoundly black, matrilineal narravitive that's been established.

Shakespeare wrote acts in 5 long, drawn out acts to appeal to everyone. This was act one, not season 1. Y'all sound like commoners right now. :ufdup:

David_TheMan

Banned
Daps
:wtf: it's primetime black surrealism/comedy and y'all want that to change????

:snoop: just watch something else. There's a clear plot but y'all need to be spoon-fed. It'll take 3 seasons and 4 years before y'all appreciate the profoundly black, matrilineal narravitive that's been established.

Shakespeare wrote acts in 5 long, drawn out acts to appeal to everyone. This was act one, not season 1. Y'all sound like commoners right now. :ufdup:
I said the 1st season was uneven and you write acting as if I don't understand the show. SMH
Take the cape off and calm down

Daps
I said the 1st season was uneven and you write acting as if I don't understand the show. SMH
Take the cape off and calm down
I ain't taking off no capes. You watch too much TV to be talking critically like that. But ad hominem attacks aside lol, what makes it uneven?

David_TheMan

Banned
Daps
I ain't taking off no capes. You watch too much TV to be talking critically like that. But ad hominem attacks aside lol, what makes it uneven?
I watch too much tv to make a critique about the quality of episodes being uneven. SMH
I thought there were too many episodes that just fell flat in terms of the punch that was supposed to be given. The gun episode with the target was one of them. Then you had the episode when he was trying to find out where he lost his key, the migos episode. That said the episodes that were great that balanced everything out because they were so good, like the transracial episode, the rich white man who festishized black people episode, the jail episode.

Hopefully with the time they've had we get less of the weaker episodes and nothing but high quality all the way through.

Kiyoshi-Dono

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Petty Vandross.. fukk Yall
this nikka still c00nin:mjpls:
tenor.gif

Marco Andretti

GRINDHARD
Daps
Reppin
NoleNation 904 Jetlife
I watch too much tv to make a critique about the quality of episodes being uneven. SMH
I thought there were too many episodes that just fell flat in terms of the punch that was supposed to be given. The gun episode with the target was one of them. Then you had the episode when he was trying to find out where he lost his key, the migos episode. That said the episodes that were great that balanced everything out because they were so good, like the transracial episode, the rich white man who festishized black people episode, the jail episode.

Hopefully with the time they've had we get less of the weaker episodes and nothing but high quality all the way through.

I agree . I watched those episodes like man.. it coulda been more

The Paper Boi episode where he's getting trolled was a good one and the one where he's getting interviewed is a sleeper .. those commercials where almost.. they WERE real lol ..

And then the ending Charger commercial :mjlol:

The minds behind it are genius ..but can they bring the conscience trap shyt back ?

I like it either way because it's soooooo far from anything else on tv.. even if it isn't as black or as real as some people may want It to be

At the end of the day .. ATLANTA and Snowfall are keeping FX alive . .

And both are great shows in the making ..

Those 2 plus power will be how we treat the wire and sopranos years later ..

:ohhh:

Daps

Ok so you like the comedy over the commentary. I hear you. You want the apparent stuff. I'm not hating, I just don't think uneven is a fair assessment. I think the viewers are more uneven than the shoe because imho the show was completely on point.

I have trouble dealing with consumers that think because they ain't get it, it was weak or "uneven". The entitlement bothers me like a zit. But I need not put that on you, being honest.

It's hard for some of you to reconcile. It's not even, you don't totally get it because you aren't in those situations. But I'm glad anyone is a fan.

LexLuthor

CEO of LexCorp
Daps
Facts man, that check big and it's big opportunity.

Also this star wars shyt could blow him up and then he could do the black spiderman movie years later too. I think either him or Tyler James Williams from Everybody Hates Chris should play that role.

He's not gonna be the black spider man bro...he's in the new movie as Miles's uncle

David_TheMan

Banned
Daps
Ok so you like the comedy over the commentary. I hear you. You want the apparent stuff. I'm not hating, I just don't think uneven is a fair assessment. I think the viewers are more uneven than the shoe because imho the show was completely on point.

I have trouble dealing with consumers that think because they ain't get it, it was weak or "uneven". The entitlement bothers me like a zit. But I need not put that on you, being honest.

It's hard for some of you to reconcile. It's not even, you don't totally get it because you aren't in those situations. But I'm glad anyone is a fan.
LOL nikka you just skipped over everything I wrote and made up a reason to cape. LOL
Show is good, its far from perfect and hopefully it gets better.