"Divergent: Insurgent" Official thread

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Pretty good. Took me awhile to care and pay attention to the first one and i never read the books so what happens in the 3rd one? Some walking dead shyt outside them
Gates?
The third book which I only read 2/3s of is nothing like the other two books. It has nothing to do with the factions and all that. It's about the world outside the gates and why the whole faction thing was created and it goes into what a Divergent is (genetically pure person vs genetically damaged) and why society needs them.

It's basically like the sort of departure from the series that Mockingjay was to The Hunger Games series. I also heard the ending pissed fans off. I don't know how it ends but I'm guessing it's not a Tris and Four live happily ever after sort of deal.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
I just don't get the movie. Does she have a special ability? What is it and what is its use in their world?
These are pretty minor spoilers for the third book. It's not really about the events of the book itself but the context of what's going on in all of them. If I remember correctly this stuff is established pretty early into the third book.

Tris has normal genetics. They were breeding people to reach a state where people had ideal genetics that weeded out undesirable behavior traits. Their experiments failed and had the opposite effect so to restore humanity to their original state the experiments were created there was more than the Chicago one too. They locked the people in the cities and tried to breed out the damaged genes they put into people originally and restore human genetics to normal. Basically a person with normal genes is "Divergent" and everyone else has damaged genes. You can see the effects of the damaged genes in how the factions behave but I suspect their upbringing amplifies it. Like the candor are rude as hell because they don't lie and always say what they feel. I guess they let people choose factions as kids so the people with damaged genetics will cross breed until they correct their genes through generations.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
I figured this one would stink it up, same with the last hunger games. These teen novels are fukking cash grabs
Most of these teen trilogies have garbage third books.

I'm listening to The Testing now. It's basically a shameless ripoff of The Hunger Games. I hope it doesn't let me down cause it's actually decent though. One of the best endings I've came across is the Legend series by Marie Lu. They should definitely do a movie series on it, but then again I thought The Mortal Instruments series would make for good movies and meh.

NobodyReally

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cornfields, cows, & an one stoplight town
The third book which I only read 2/3s of is nothing like the other two books. It has nothing to do with the factions and all that. It's about the world outside the gates and why the whole faction thing was created and it goes into what a Divergent is (genetically pure person vs genetically damaged) and why society needs them.

It's basically like the sort of departure from the series that Mockingjay was to The Hunger Games series. I also heard the ending pissed fans off. I don't know how it ends but I'm guessing it's not a Tris and Four live happily ever after sort of deal.

The big difference is, that the Mockingjay is a logical departure, this series makes no sense from the second book on. However, I am admittedly one of the few people that actually liked the Mockingjay, more than the second book actually.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
The big difference is, that the Mockingjay is a logical departure, this series makes no sense from the second book on. However, I am admittedly one of the few people that actually liked the Mockingjay, more than the second book actually.
Mockingjay tears down everything likable about the characters in The Hunger Games especially Katniss and Gale and the ending was just terrible and forced. Say what you will about Catching Fire but it follows the if it ain't broke don't fix it formula.

On the other hand the Divergent series never made since period but it gets more nonsensical as it goes along.

NobodyReally

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cornfields, cows, & an one stoplight town
Mockingjay tears down everything likable about the characters in The Hunger Games especially Katniss and Gale

But isn't that what war and devastation does to people? I'm not sure how anyone could expect Katniss to come out of that series the same. She lost everything. The idea that she was supposed to just remain in tact seems really far-fetched to me. We read all the time about soldiers coming back home and their family members not recognizing them.

King Sun

Big Boss
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
I really like love this series despite the movies plot holes but after reading that spoiler to the third one set They did mikai wrong in this movie with him being a leader of a faction to letting a CAC give him orders

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex
I'm not watching this because she cut her hair short

That shyt annoys me. Looked sexy in the first one, now she looks like a boy :scust:

Shailene Woodley? Sexy? :heh:

I was feelin her in that first movie. All I knew her from were the commercials for that one movie where she had the oxygen mask and already had short hair.....I thought the long hair made her look good :yeshrug:

She lookin' good in this pic:
RcIKLtw.jpg

Czerka

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Personally I Thougt this movie was piff and way better than the first one and catching fire for that matter.

I agree she doesn't look good with short hair and she also is way too skinny. At least Jennifer Lawrence looks like she works out. But this 80 lb girl beating up guys twice her size is just stupid. I guess the audience doesn't care though

Daps
But isn't that what war and devastation does to people? I'm not sure how anyone could expect Katniss to come out of that series the same. She lost everything. The idea that she was supposed to just remain in tact seems really far-fetched to me. We read all the time about soldiers coming back home and their family members not recognizing them.

I agree with you. I didn't like Mockingjay at first, but on a re-read, I really came to appreciate it. I think that a lot of things were very realistic, particularly Katniss's reactions. And let's be real, this was never a series that was going to have a really happy ending.

I read Divergent, Insurgent, and about half of Allegiant. I couldn't finish it and finally just went to Wikipedia to find out what happened. I think the whole premise was rather weak to begin with.

beaniemac

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
now I don't fukk with the hunger games, but for some reason divergent is a guilty pleasure of mine.

so I'm watching the 2nd movie, Insurgent, now, and I'm still :mindblown: as to why they ever trusted that one dude from the first movie that's played by the kid from project x. he stay fukking over tris in both the first and 2nd movie.

also, why they give Shailene Woodley that little boy haircut is beyond me. not really a good look.