Disney leaves Netflix and announces new ESPN streaming platform will NOT feature NFL or NBA content

Shorty K

Banned
Supporter
Daps
So wait does this mean no more Marvel on netflix??? :scust:

manyfaces

Superstar
Daps
I think people on here and Disney are over estimating their content. Every single Disney movie that has popped up Netflix my kids have already seen, and didn't care to see again, even Rouge One. It's not that big of a deal, at least from where I'm sitting.
How old are your kids? Cause mine are 5 and 3 and them and their friends will watch the same movie or show like 50 times. Strictly off kids content they are probably on to something. Kid's are way more ravenous about their shows than adults are.

Curtis Nightfish

▓▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓▓
Daps
Reppin
Uptown
:what:

I swear I'm in bizarro world right now. Disney doesn't have content? Parents will subscribe to this just to have Dora the Explorer and Jake the Pirate on deck at all times.

Exactly. Disney is the fukking devil but to say they don't have content is just inaccurate.

Marvel alone probably has 4 or 5 dozen movies produced and they aren't stopping anytime soon. (off the top of the head: X-Men series, Wolverine series, Avengers, Iron Man, Spider Man, Blade, Thor, Deadpool.

That's one little sliver of their business. They will do alright without NFL/NBA.

Dreamchaser

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
This won't work for Disney, you need a cable subscription in order to use the app. That will turn off people to the product, if they have ads this will be dead on arrival. I think Disney will eventually buy Netflix, and have Reed Hastings running the company after Bob Iger retires. Netflix needs to get into sports and radio in order to really compete with the big media companies.

FaTaL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Exactly. Disney is the fukking devil but to say they don't have content is just inaccurate.

Marvel alone probably has 4 or 5 dozen movies produced and they aren't stopping anytime soon. (off the top of the head: X-Men series, Wolverine series, Avengers, Iron Man, Spider Man, Blade, Thor, Deadpool.

That's one little sliver of their business. They will do alright without NFL/NBA.

What blade info are you referring to?

Long Live The Kane

Tyrant Titan
Daps
Yeah the whole "oh what a dream it'll be to have a la carte channel options" shyt is one of the most parroted but ultimately meaningless tropes there is... We're already at the point where a la carte just means paying the exact same money for far less selection and integration/convenience... $40/$50 broadband internet plus Netflix/Hulu/stand-alone ESPN/etc is more or the same as a cable/internet package

I just hope all these content providers don't all start their own separate streaming services and fukk up OTT pay services like DirecTV Now... It's what I use at the moment and I easily see shyt like a separate Disney service ruining it...I used to use psvue, then they lost Viacom and it had to be bushed

Curtis Nightfish

▓▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓▓
Daps
Reppin
Uptown
Is there some sort of update for a movie or a tv series?

They should own the content on all the movies made, up to this point, because Marvel was the producer of the movie and still owns the character rights.

As to a reboot, IDK. They should. Latest from Wiki: