Did anyone ever have an unrequited love?

BruhMayne

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
When you really, really love someone, you just want the best for them. You want them to be happy even if its not with you........but, you rather it be with you tho :wow: You know how on movies/tv shows, a dude has that former girlfriend that pops in & out of their lives and it goes on for years and years.

Well, I had a girl like that. I guess I always assumed we'd work it out when we were done being young and stupid. Like some Love & Basketball shyt, well in our movie, Monica got married to some older dude & is expecting her second child :damn: Now, I understand that Carl Thomas joint alot more :heh:

It is what it is tho :manny:

Damn Quincy...hope you at least get a Tyra Banks or :ufdup:

devizelle

Pro
Daps
Reppin
MOCO awl day
When you really, really love someone, you just want the best for them. You want them to be happy even if its not with you........but, you rather it be with you tho :wow: You know how on movies/tv shows, a dude has that former girlfriend that pops in & out of their lives and it goes on for years and years.

Well, I had a girl like that. I guess I always assumed we'd work it out when we were done being young and stupid. Like some Love & Basketball shyt, well in our movie, Monica got married to some older dude & is expecting her second child :damn: Now, I understand that Carl Thomas joint alot more :heh:

It is what it is tho :manny:

How often does this actually happen? I feel like it's one of those myths that just keeps getting perpetuated for no reason smh

YBE

Banned
Daps
How often does this actually happen? I feel like it's one of those myths that just keeps getting perpetuated for no reason smh

hollywood movies, shyt i dont know :manny:

Sad Bunny

they/them
Supporter
Daps
I could never make him love me - frank ocean on "bad religion"

:wow:

IpushFatKids

Banned
Daps
I have had an unrequited love. She was beautiful. My intellectual equal. Really beautiful. Smooth, soft skin, long legs, and a soft voice. There was an intense electricity between us when we kissed. We were starved for time with each other.

I don't want to go into meaningless details about it. Caught feelings pretty early, started trying really hard to do everything in my power to show that I was every bit the man that she should want and deserve, and like most relationships, it ended. Sparked back up a few years later, but I still couldn't let go of how dirty she did me. Really dirty, but I still loved her. That conflict was extremely unbearable. Again, it ended. I've moved on from being hung up on her specifically, but @No_bammer_weed has a great point. I really wish I was able to get past how things went down between us...

We live in an individualistic society. That means that the phrase, "To learn how to love others, you must first love yourself," carries a lot of weight. It means pushing past lots of personal hangups, commitment to self-improvement, and a conscious understanding that you are part of a two-person relationship. If I were to have a conversation with myself ten years ago, I would definitely include this gem in there.

That's why boards like this exist. We come to vent, give advice, share experiences, and revel in honesty regarding these issues. As men, it's not like we talk about this kind of stuff in person all the time, or at all, in a face to face setting. This is what we've got. I value it and try to contribute as best I can.

I'm not above putting my "real" self out there for fear of getting hurt. It's just not my nature to put up personal walls like that. Ask my friends that know me in real life, like @No_bammer_weed. Lack of a front actually adds to my appeal in both platonic friendships and romantic relationships. Even if it's a short-term relationship, I always like to put myself in a position where I can think well of the woman that I had the opportunity to explore and experience after our time together. Why wouldn't I?

Anyway, this thread has great potential. Let's not judge each other for our pasts, especially if we can learn something from one another.

Five stars.

:salute:

Last edited by a moderator:

Huellz Santana

Shocking
Daps
Reppin
Da city where the skinny nikkas die
Im not going to turn this into a psycho therapy lounge, but I will say that when relationships go sour, people tend to lose self-awareness and in particular how their individual behaviors and actions contributed to the break up, in favor of woe is me self loathing.

Ive been up at night, boo-hoo'ng in pain about how I was done wrong too...but then I reflect and think:

---what about all those side pieces I had when we were together. I thought I was getting over on her, but she knew, or at least had a good idea. How u think that made her feel?

---what about all those times she wanted to kick it, but I went out with my boys instead...or I made her do sht that I wanted, rather than orienting things around her wants and considerations.

---what about the times I just "beat it up" and nutted in her mouth like she was a hoe, rather than busting out the candles and making love to her on a rose petaled covered bed?

---what about all the missed opportunities to say that I loved her, or the stupid irrelevant issues I blew up, etc, etc, etc

The point is that nobody is perfect and relationships are complicated. A break up, and the hurt involved, provides ample space for self-reflection and ways to improve. Even if you felt you did sht right 99% of the time, and nobody can tell you a damn thing, did you also ignore warning signs with this person, and push thru because he/she was hot, or made you feel good? If so, you were putting that future hurt on credit, because you should have had a good idea things would end poorly.

At the end of the day, you're gunna have to cross that intersection --- are u gunna be a too cool for bytches, selfish nicca, because of the past --- or are you gunna risk vulnerability, potential hurt, and light teasing from people because ur "simpin", and willing to express true emotion, in order to sacrifice and let this person know u truly care? Either way, the choice is completely urs.
@Sierra Mist @Gator Reloaded @DaygoTaco

9aocv7.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

dabestkeptsecret

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
jerz
man this topic got me reminescing like :to:
- I know the majority of colli cats were pimps from birth and slaying hoes left and right since puberty, but for the real cats i feel your pain :wow:

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps
Infatuations sure....but never unrequited love.

I think to truly fall in love with a persona there has to be some sort of reciprocation to the strong feelings you have. People who fall in love with people who arent anywhere close to being in love with them are in love with an idea, and not a person. In love with the concept of being with this person and not the actual person.

So no, i have like plenty of chicks and loved truly only two. Love is a lot more rare than people in our western society make it out to be. Dating doesn't equal love, nor does a relationship or even the word itself. I think people throw that word around with impunity and cheapened it to the point where now if a bytch don't think you "in love" with her than its not gonna work.

Most people out here just infatuated. :manny:

Drew Wonder

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I think people often mistake unrequited love with having their ego bruised, this is especially true for men.

I'm someone who can get over a breakup fairly quickly. but the one breakup that took me the longest to get over was the one that didn't end on my own terms(she was the only girl that broke up with me, and not the other way around) when I look back, she wasn't the prettiest girl I dated, wasn't the smartest, didn't even have the best attitude. but she was the one girl who pretty much rejected me and continued to reject me even when I tried to get her back.

at the time when I was trying to get back with her, I thought I loved her. but looking back, it wasn't love at all. it was me trying to cope with the fact that she could move on so easily while I couldn't. in the end, I thought I was the shyt, but she pretty much cut me down to size, and my ego couldn't handle it. shyt fukked me up for a little bit, had me questioning my self-worth, made me feel real insecure. but in the end, it wasn't love, it was a selfish desire on my part to satisfy my ego. when she didn't fulfill that desire by crying or being heartbroken, I didn't know how to handle it. but yeah, she easily Ethered me the worst out of any girl I've dealt with. and yes, she's the one who hit me with the "k" after I texted her an essay explaining that I was over her :snoop:

Sad Bunny

they/them
Supporter
Daps
I think people often mistake unrequited love with having their ego bruised, this is especially true for men.

I'm someone who can get over a breakup fairly quickly. but the one breakup that took me the longest to get over was the one that didn't end on my own terms(she was the only girl that broke up with me, and not the other way around) when I look back, she wasn't the prettiest girl I dated, wasn't the smartest, didn't even have the best attitude. but she was the one girl who pretty much rejected me and continued to reject me even when I tried to get her back.

at the time when I was trying to get back with her, I thought I loved her. but looking back, it wasn't love at all. it was me trying to cope with the fact that she could move on so easily while I couldn't. in the end, I thought I was the shyt, but she pretty much cut me down to size, and my ego couldn't handle it. shyt fukked me up for a little bit, had me questioning my self-worth, made me feel real insecure. but in the end, it wasn't love, it was a selfish desire on my part to satisfy my ego. when she didn't fulfill that desire by crying or being heartbroken, I didn't know how to handle it. but yeah, she easily Ethered me the worst out of any girl I've dealt with. and yes, she's the one who hit me with the "k" after I texted her an essay explaining that I was over her :snoop:

I disagree:rudy: