did any of y'all brehs know spiderman 3 is the highest grossing spiderman movie?

Daps
Reppin
UK
Yeah thats one thing that irked me about it. There were so many entry points to line it up and make it better.

Yeah man and what a shame raimi didnt really like the character, imagine a fully fleshed venom made by the guy who did evil dead...it puzzles me that he wouldn't look at venom as a huge creative opportunity. I'm not even the biggest venom fan but imagine a hulking symbiote oozing black tendrils, huge tongue lolling n saliva and all that. It would look amazing.

As we all know he apparently didn't like the character as it wasn't one he grew up with, so whatever.

Daps
Reppin
UK
In addition to the well known problems, I think all the little, nagging issues that were papered over in the first two SMs came to a head with the third one:

- SM not cracking jokes as much
- MJ being average looking
- James Franco as Harry
- Tobey with that dumb look on his face when he about to cry.

I remember one scene where Tobey was about to cry and the whole theater bust out laughing on some "this nikka about to cry AGAIN!" :laugh:

I left before the end man I couldn't take it, he looked like the most pathetic creature I have ever seen, my boyhood hero reduced to looking like a chubby emo

It was a disgrace lol

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
In addition to the well known problems, I think all the little, nagging issues that were papered over in the first two SMs came to a head with the third one:

- James Franco as Harry

I remember one scene where Tobey was about to cry and the whole theater bust out laughing on some "this nikka about to cry AGAIN!" :laugh:

I'm not including that one because beauty is in the eye of the beholder breh and its definitely unfair to compare a real woman to a comic book counterpart created by guys lol.

James was good as Harry, just not in this movie. And Tobey's interpretation has always been an issue for me so I'm with you there

darryl

Superstar
Daps

- James Franco as Harry

uh James Franco was great as harry breh. Im not with you on that one. The other points I guess I can agree with. I still liked the trilogy tho:yeshrug:

Spyro

Banned
Daps
I never understood the hate spiderman 3 gets. I think people just more likely to hate on the third installation of a film series.

I actually liked the movie. I liked it better than the second as well. The ending was dope.:manny:

I see the movie as similar to Batman and Robin, obviously not well made movies with a ton of flaws (casting Arnie as Freeze and Justin Timberlake as Venom) but the movies are entertaining as fukk and could watch them anytime. They're better than most superhero movies out there.

"Ice to meet you" :whew:

The dancing montage in SP3 :ohlawd:

Daps
I see the movie as similar to Batman and Robin, obviously not well made movies with a ton of flaws (casting Arnie as Freeze and Justin Timberlake as Venom) but the movies are entertaining as fukk and could watch them anytime. They're better than most superhero movies out there.

"Ice to meet you" :whew:

The dancing montage in SP3 :ohlawd:
:dwillhuh: What Spider-Man movie were you watching?

Hejdå

Inactive
Daps
Venom.

This promo had me hyped.

:whew:

Then you saw how they actually Venom in the actual film :picard:

I never seen the trailer for this before but goddamn, they deceived the fukk outta people with this shyt. :mjlol::wow:

Kerkum

Superstar
Daps
So underrated even though Tobey Maguire looks middle-aged in the movie

Benefited

Banned
Daps
Sam Raimi had a good trilogy going and the studio messed it up.

Sam Raimi Interviewed – SPIDER-MAN 3

Sam Raimi Controls Spider-Man 4 (Unlike Spider-Man 3)

All they had to do was let him make what he wanted. Raimi was focused on doing old school Spiderman he wasn't really on the 90s type stuff of Venom and Carnage. They could have at least let the man finish out his trilogy without any meddling.

To answer OP's question. What do you mean "How Sway?" there was an insane amount of hype about Spiderman back in the day. Everybody loves Spiderman and seeing that Venom was in was more icing on the cake. Especially for kids who used to watch the cartoon and read the comics but little did we know...:smh:

It seemed like Raimi wasn't part of the casting(Eddie Brock) because Venom wasn't his original plan. So the dude from That 70's Show just got the role and they went from there. :smh:

Yeah fukk Raimi,sounds like he had no intentions on using Venom,he would rather use Sandman:mjlol:

Those movies as a whole sucked outside of 2 in hindsight,Tobey is horrible,Mary Jane was horrible. I don't care if its the highest grossing film,Homecoming will be the highest grossing and it wasn't that good either. But at least I like the portrayl of the Spiderman.

They are 2 out of 3 for picking good spidermans,but the movies just need to improve asap.