Denzel has really mastered that whole skilled killer style movie

Tony D'Amato

It's all about the inches
Daps
Reppin
Inches
Not at the same time just examples of roles outside of thr cool cop, cool villain, cool whatever

Like he had Malcolm x which was great will smith did ali which was pretty good but I give will more props cause it required more of a transformation same goes for Jamie in ray it was more method acting Malcolm

Maybe I'm not ariculatig my point well I just feel Denzel doesn't take chances or steps outside his comfort zone
Training Day was him taking a chance

BulletProof

Just a B@stard Living in a Suit
Daps
Reppin
Neck ties and boxing gloves.
Not at the same time just examples of roles outside of thr cool cop, cool villain, cool whatever

Like he had Malcolm x which was great will smith did ali which was pretty good but I give will more props cause it required more of a transformation same goes for Jamie in ray it was more method acting Malcolm

Maybe I'm not ariculatig my point well I just feel Denzel doesn't take chances or steps outside his comfort zone

No diss, but how old are you?

For the longest time and even now, Denzel has always been type-casted as the good guy until Training Day.

He's rarely been casted as an quote unquote cool bad guy. That's just charisma.

When he was nominated as best actor, the complaint was he could only play a "bad guy" to be nominated as a black man.

Ali was a two hour mess.

director_of_bands

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
qc NC
Equalizer was horrible!!!! thought I could trust Denzel movies based off his name alone...nah - not any more after that TRASH

BulletProof

Just a B@stard Living in a Suit
Daps
Reppin
Neck ties and boxing gloves.
Depp's pale azz was given the world after Jump Street. He's allowed to be versatile by the powers that be. Studios arent going to take the chances w/ Denzel that they take w/ his white counterparts

I don't agree but I'm not the one who said Depp wasn't versatile.

If Denzel chose the roles he did simply because he had to, then he sold out.

Which, given Malcolm X, he didn't.

But you and I both would be surprised by what the man turns down;.

Tony D'Amato

It's all about the inches
Daps
Reppin
Inches
I don't agree but I'm not the one who said Depp wasn't versatile.

If Denzel chose the roles he did simply because he had to, then he sold out.

Which, given Malcolm X, he didn't.

But you and I both would be surprised by what the man turns down;.
He did turn down Seven :ehh:

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
To an extent but I'm just saying I never seen Denzel outiside of a cool collective role like nothing that will make u forget it's denzel u watchin even will played a gay guy, super hero and other roles as well as Samuel l. I see other black actors showing more range than Denzel not saying what he's done isn't great but I'd like to see him in something different like a sci fi, super hero, etc
He wasn't cool calm and collected in Flight. He was an alcohol abusing drunk constantly having meltdowns.

robb

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Dallas
Denzel has mastered that whole skilled killer style movie, well of course he has. He plays the same dude in every damn movie.

No acting range what so ever.