Dave Chappelle: Equanimity + The Bird Revelation Netflix Stand-Up Thread

Daps
Chappelle my fav comic ever

The thing I liked about him when he was younger was this very goofy exuberance that disappeared after he went AWOl from the show…

But it been replaced by a sense of wisdom

And I always felt he has a deep love of people which is why his jokes on race are so insightful

I think the truth of his jokes are that

Hey America sucks – welcome to the party

people like being righteous more than being understood
i actually liked it

boxfullofjoel

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I loved all 4 specials

I think y’all will end up loving Rock’s current set as well when his special hits.

They’ve separated themselves from their peers.

I saw Chris Rock too. It was his best since the first standup IMO.

George's Dilemma

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Motherfukk a cac
nikka got a backlash about a transgender joke
So he doubled down :russ::russ:
:GOAT:

Reading the comments on other sites, including so called Black sites filled with women mostly......man fukk white liberals and the Black women and men who emulate them. I don't have any problem with folks disagreeing with his material. However, you can't be white or a Black woman and find humor in a self deprecating Black ma and then get offended when he starts mocking other demographics. Why is it okay to mock Black men? I'll go out on a limb too and say those same white liberals don't have a problem with poking fun at Trump supporters which is still hypocritical of them. Mock a woman that voted for Hillary and you'll be labeled a misogynist.

Black crackheads= funny
Black musicians= funny
Poor whites= funny

Trannys = off limits
Homosexuals = off limits
Women= off limits

Meanwhile all the white trannys and homos, women, etc., were loving his show and standup, until the joke came back around on them. Now all of a sudden it's "problematic." And Black women online make me sick some days. I've never ran into or known any Black women who have such sensitive dispositions in real life. I only see it online.

Jimmy ValenTime

A really good Lawyer
Daps
Reppin
The Bronx
That south Africa thing was the most powerful thing to me in that special because we have a corrupt system in place and the thing about having bad systems is everyone morally compromised by the system

we treat racism and rape as a micro- individual transgression to be punished - our problems are macro- there a system that fails individuals -and shields guilty parties and compromise good people who are too scared to stand up ....

Daps
I've never ran into or known any Black women who have such sensitive dispositions in real life. I only see it online.

That's because the most vocal black women online have bought fully into white feminism. This is the problem. I'm not even going to get mad at them because they may genuinely feel pushed away from black men for some reason, and then white people come in to co-opt their anger and fold them into the white feminist movement. These same black women (minus the outrage-pushers like the woman in the tweets posted here because she's just in it for money, another Joel Osteen except pious about gender instead of religion) go harder at defending white women than white women do in defending themselves, but they never get that same reciprocity back.

This is why I won't say a bad word about black women or black LGBTQ folks (and for the latter, I could never go against people who are represented by elite black thinkers and activists like James Baldwin and Bayard Rustin, just like I could never go against the former who are represented by Harriet Tubman, Sojourner Truth, etc.).

Every bad word we say to them is seen as an opportunity for white feminists or white LGBTQ activists to hide behind their activism, which is a front for promoting and upholding white supremacy, and invite these disaffected black folks over to their side.

I've seen black gay men and trans women saying that old "black people have been more hateful to me than white people," and I don't get mad, but I do understand their confusion. Their white friends butter them up and point out the perceived failings of black men as a people while also separating themselves from the legions of white people who are more hateful than the most hateful black person...like all those pedophile-supporting racists in Alabama who voted for a guy who wanted to openly criminalize homosexuality.

It's a shell game that many white liberals are playing, and these people are so hurting and desperate for support that they are susceptible to it.

Last edited:

Robbie3000

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I loved all 4 specials

I think y’all will end up loving Rock’s current set as well when his special hits.

They’ve separated themselves from their peers.

Rock's special is very dope. I watched it live in D.C. At this point, I don't know who is better. But they are definitely head and shoulders above their peers.

Zero

Wig-Twisting Season
Daps
Bird Revelation is MUCH better the 2nd time around

Comedy Central = Iceberg Slim
Dave = Bottom bytch
nikkar Family skit = 498 fukk milage
The trick = How CC played him to keep going until he finally left to "join the circus"

LOT of jewels dropped throughout

"These comedians have a responsibility to tlak wreckless, otherwise, my kids will never know how it sounds. They'll never know the joy of being wrong...I didn't come here to be right...I cam here to fukk around." :wow: