Daily Office Life At Death Row (UPDATED With More General Fukkery)

pawdalaw

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Fayetteville
You must be Ronin because you've take me exceptional offense to this

You're the one who brought all that extracurricular stuff up, I was perfectly content to school you on your lack of reading conprehension, awareness and perception but I have no problem letting you know you're outta your realm. As I said, his books are comprised of a compilation of quotes from other sources so him being wrong or not is beside the point. It's a style of writing that is very elementary and his books have nothing to offer for anyone with understanding on the subjects he's writing about. If you think that's "being in the trenches" than you don't know what it is to be a biographer. Furthermore, on a grammatical and punctual level your writing is trash

What do want him to write works of fiction? Interestingly enough virtually every written work about Death Row or Rap for that matter is a compilation. If that is your reasoning for this whole rant then Maybe you should be paying a little more attention to your own "reading conprehension, awareness and perception". You're really starting to sound foolish now. Don't worry I won't respond back. This thread was on point. Let's keep it that way.

Mac Casper

@adonnis - pull up, there's refreshments
Daps
Reppin
Love
What do want him to write works of fiction? Interestingly enough virtually every written work about Death Row or Rap for that matter is a compilation. If that is your reasoning for this whole rant then Maybe you should be paying a little more attention to your own "reading conprehension, awareness and perception". You're really starting to sound foolish now. Don't worry I won't respond back. This thread was on point. Let's keep it that way.
Such a pathetic copout even complete with a "I know you are but what am I" this reflects very poorly on you overall. So most books that are written about Death Row are essentially marketed toward the downmarket of readers with little standard? That's cool, but your limitations aren't the proper measure of limitations.

The root of this discussion is your lowest common denominator of standards

Last edited:

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
This. We couldve had so many good albums, songs etc. if tha row hadnt collapsed like it did. They had probably the greatest line up ever, Dre, Quik, Daz, Soopa as producers, Snoop, Tha Pound, Rage, RBX, Bad Azz, Tray Deee on the mic, even the R&B singers were dope af... If Suge actually knew how to run a BUSINESS and didn't turn the studio into a schoolyard/playground for bullies and gang wars/violence dr's reign wouldve continued much longer. Damn shame :mjcry:

ehh. they peaked when they peaked. I cant see myself in high school, with death row still as a top priority over the other labels that were running the game at the time.

the roster was already getting winded. snoop & dre both dropped doodoo projects in '96. bad azz wouldn't have been much bigger than he is. wasn't nobody trying to hear an RBX album. tray dee wouldn't have blew as a solo artist.

the r&b singers were dope but they still had more to prove as r&b acts. not just death row hook-singers that'll release a full track once a year. we already saw how nate dogg failed. plus, we dont even know if death row knew how to promote r&b.

to their credit, they would've got more out of lady of rage, and I think the dogg pound would be in the running for the goat duo if the stuck together. they definitely had 1 or 2 joints left in them. and 2pac probably had 1 more joint left before he fell off too. but they would've had to revamp that whole chit if they planned on staying on top thru the late '90s. more than likely, they would've been played out, and dropped to the 2nd-tier of labels, just like bad boy.

plus, like I said earlier, the powers that be would've found a way to cool all this chit off. suge just made it easier for em.

Last edited:

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
Never understood some of the extravagant Suge d!cklicking on here. He was raping 2pac of millions, to the point that he died not owning sh!t, and ran the label and the label's workspace like he had no damn sense. The very reason why every notable record label head from that era is doing much better than him.

dam near every artist was getting f*cked out of millions.
and gangsters always ran rampant in the industry. people just started taking objection because when those gangsters became black.

so yea, I'm always gonna salute suge knight.

he flipped the industry upside down. and that's the real reason why he gets demonized.

Simone Green was a photographer for D.R. and Suge got mad at her for being out of line and he held her legs while some of his female goons jumper her.

243lonp.jpg

But she wasn't the only female to get her ass kicked at Death Row. Madelyne Woods also got her ass kicked. She used to be a TV host at BET along with Donnie Simpson back in the day. After she got fired from BET Suge gave her a job at Death Row. That led to an affair between them of course (Suge hardly helped any pretty female without getting something in return for it). Anyway, after Madelyne got comfortable with the money and gifts Suge was giving her, she started feeling high and mighty. She would curse at people and try to boss everyone around. That didn't sit well with the other females at Death Row, especially with the females who were sleeping with Suge. One day Suge's female goon squad jumped her and beat her down. Suge's female goon squad had a reputation almost as fierce as his male goon squad. They would beat a female down with the quickness if Suge said so. Some of those chicks were rough and straight from the streets. Anyway, after the beat down that was pretty much the end of Madelyne's days at Death Row. She ended the affair with Suge and bounced.

Madelyne back in the day

Suge's female goons

v5bo5w.jpg

Regina King used to also roll heavy with Suge's female goon squad. She's matured a lot over the years, but back in the day Regina used to be so hood. That's why John Singleton put her in Boyz N The Hood and Poetic Justice. He also wanted Regina to take Janet Jackson around to the hood spots and introduce her to the hood girls so Janet could better portray an L.A. girl in Poetic Justice. I read somewhere that Janet got scared and chickened out though. L

the female goons looking good. they can beat me up anytime:takedat:

especially regina king.

but that madelyne woods.:noah: I remember somebody on here saying she used to date dr dre. lol. how many of the same broads were suge & dre knockin off?

stuff like "kiss it or diss it" will never be on TV again.

Last edited:

Jerz-2

GOATs Status
Daps
Madelyne back in the day

She was always the farthest down in the BET pecking order back in the days:

1) Sherry Carter
2) Rachel from Caribbean Rhythms

3) Madelyne Woods

Regina King used to also roll heavy with Suge's female goon squad. She's matured a lot over the years, but back in the day Regina used to be so hood. That's why John Singleton put her in Boyz N The Hood and Poetic Justice. He also wanted Regina to take Janet Jackson around to the hood spots and introduce her to the hood girls so Janet could better portray an L.A. girl in Poetic Justice. I read somewhere that Janet got scared and chickened out though. Lol

HA! Janet....

Man I love Regina King.....AND her body is still bangin:

o-REGINA-KING-BIKINI-BODY-facebook.jpg

Y'all ever seen that scene she did with Will Smith in "Enemy of the State", when she opens her robe? :takedat: