Comicbook Movie trynna stop stan wars .. could this work here

parallax

Superstar
Daps
Breh I'm not getting back into that argument, but let's not act like there werent dudes running into that thread admitting that don't read comic books diving to play defense for marvel. Hell the same dudes can be found in the fukk ms marvel thread not even talking about the comic but her upcoming movie.

The thing is, unlike most characters carols "popularity" in comics is directly related to her future movie prospects. There's no other way to wrap your head around that. And non comic readers would have no idea who captain marvel is. Look the response she got at her appearance in mahvel

Dirty Mcdrawz

Your girl loves em....
Daps
Is that off topic, when everyone knows these comic book moves are based on what's happening with the movies?

If the topic is how shytty her character was in a comic book event and someone's response is "you're just hating because that they're getting a movie" then
post-25374-Michael-Jordan-YEAH-gif-Imgur-X3MA.gif

They're off topic :manny:

Atsym Sknyfs

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
The thing is, unlike most characters carols "popularity" in comics is directly related to her future movie prospects. There's no other way to wrap your head around that. And non comic readers would have no idea who captain marvel is. Look the response she got at her appearance in mahvel

to defend marvel and the comics .... this entire MCU is done with tier B and C characters ... when they started everybody was like who .. iron man? a movie about him .. ??? I was into comics and never once was interested in iron man/ant man/ etc ... hell I actually hated captain America thought he was corny ... now I love him

goes to show what good writing/directing and planning can do

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Do defend marvel and the comics .... this entire MCU is done with tier B and C characters ... when they started everybody was like who .. iron man? a movie about him .. ??? I was into comics and never once was interested in iron man/ant man/ etc ... hell I actually hated captain America thought he was corny ... now I love him

Acknowledging it's done purely on business decisions that I disageee with and abhor, in a lot of cases it's them trying to make fetch happen. The names at the top of the comic sales charts don't change. If there's some big event or crossover then there's a good chance that's number one or number two. Down the line you'll see some variation of batman and some variation of Spider-Man. I pointed it out in that thread that marvel made it one of their initiatives to bring iron man's book popularity on par with his film popularity because it just wasn't having the correlation they'd hoped for and it still hasn't happened. Not to say they should stop what they're doing on the film side because Robert is pure piff and I love what he's done with the role from one movie to the next but they're often trying to jam square pegs in round holes. I get why you make captain marvel the centerpiece of civil war 2 and give her a higher positioning in the universe but it's not bringing casual fans to the playground nor is it increasing her book sales. Shyt the only two characters who consistently see upticks in sales are batman and spider man. Same as it's been for the past 20-30 years it seems

parallax

Superstar
Daps
to defend marvel and the comics .... this entire MCU is done with tier B and C characters ... when they started everybody was like who .. iron man? a movie about him .. ??? I was into comics and never once was interested in iron man/ant man/ etc ... hell I actually hated captain America thought he was corny ... now I love him

goes to show what good writing/directing and planning can do

The problem is that people gauge characters they don't know about by how they look. Captain America has been a dope character for ever, but people see the colors and think he's overly patriotic. You mentioned ant Man as someone you weren't checking, but Hank is one of the most complex characters in marvel. I wasn't happy he was made an old man, but I was surprised at how well Michael Douglas got the character

Atsym Sknyfs

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
The problem is that people gauge characters they don't know about by how they look. Captain America has been a dope character for ever, but people see the colors and think he's overly patriotic. You mentioned ant Man as someone you weren't checking, but Hank is one of the most complex characters in marvel. I wasn't happy he was made an old man, but I was surprised at how well Michael Douglas got the character

not to derail my own thread ... but I'm not gonna let nor did I let my dislike/uninterest in those characters prevent me from seeing their films and loving them ..

now lets continue ...

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family

Well,its more than just colors. The dudes name is captain America :heh:

obarth

R.I.P Char
Poster of the Year
Daps
Reppin
Pawgs with dragons
No need for two more subforums. All you really need any of these comic book movie threads for is trailers and news. shyt, you don't even really need this forum for any of that anymore. Comic book movie threads are to the Film Room as The Locker Room is to The Coli...trash:scust: Non comic book movies, comic books, TV shows, mangas, and animes are where the good threads are coming from around here anyways. Besides the information you get on upcoming movies, can y'all really say there is any worthwhile discussion going on in these comic book threads? It's literally stannery and the same talking points being run into the ground on a two month rotation. I was guilty of that for a minute until I realized how completely absurd the shyt is:gucci:

If you really feel like discussing the shyt that bad, my advice is to put a couple of nikkas on ignore:yeshrug:I used to be completely against using the ignore function. But there are a handful of cats that literally bring nothing of substance to the forum. I don't mean people with dissenting or plain old shytty opinions. I mean nikkas that are literally a waste of space. I've put 2 or 3 dudes on ignore and this forum became exponentially better:blessed: