Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
Chicago hands down :wow:

My city comes alive at night...its magnificent looking

tumblr_inline_mt0x1pHzNV1qz4rgp.jpg

Chicago_by_night.jpg

chicago-at-night-wallpaper.jpg
I'll give in that Chicago is cleaner, but NYC's skyline shyts on it, period.

Vintage Eclectic

Lord of the Sky
Daps
Reppin
Chi-York
Downtown Chicago leading into LSD is one of the best drives you'll have. Good smoke and music will only amplify the experience. I've been in NY for almost 5 years and honestly it's so crowded, I mostly hate driving. Chi city all day

Samori Toure

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
:pachaha:At "beach". We have real beaches in our city. I'm dead at what you land locked nikkas call a beach. If y'all want to compare fake beaches we have La Marina and there's no place in Chicago that's fukkin with that

Broa, for my 2,000th post; I have to laugh at you.

Fake beach? Chicago has a whole bunch of beaches.

Did you call Chicago landlocked? Well what the fukk is this?

Chicago-Lake-Michigan.jpg

Lake-Michigan-Ice-Chicago-USA.jpg

Navy-Pier-near-Lake-Michigan-Illinois-USA.jpg

Vandelay

Waxing Intellectual
Daps
Reppin
Phi Chi Connection
Chicago...and I'm an east coast Breh.

I work in the Aon Center, I live a block off Lake Shore Drive. I wake up with the sun hitting my face, and on some days you can't make out the Lake from the sky.

The reason why Chi is better than NYC besides being cleaner is because it has very distinct changes in nature and architecture. It doesn't feel like they just decided to break up the concrete jungle by just placing some arbitrary nature shyt in place. In Chicago, it feels more natural, between, the rivers, the lake, the park and the beach they just married the architecture with the surroundings. I can understand why someone would like it, but NYC feels like Cybertron with house plants sprinkled around and a pissy bathroom smell.

Driving on Lake Shore just had me in awe moreso than driving anywhere in NYC about to get smashed up by a cab or bus driver who AI t paying attention.

MalikX

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Worldwide Entertainment
:pachaha:At "beach". We have real beaches in our city. I'm dead at what you land locked nikkas call a beach. If y'all want to compare fake beaches we have La Marina and there's no place in Chicago that's fukkin with that

Chicago has a gorgeous lakefront and several beaches. Don't hate breh. I have no bias here either way as I'm from Philly.

ChicagoSkyline.jpg

MalikX

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Worldwide Entertainment

Chicago has a gorgeous lakefront and several beaches. Don't hate breh. I have no bias here either way as I'm from Philly.

ChicagoSkyline.jpg

tru_m.a.c

IC veteran
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Gaithersburg, MD via Queens/LI
to be fair i can see how outta towners would be confused though

Manhattan is seperated between Midtown and Downtown. But they would both be seen as a "downtown" To people not from the city

Nah don't give em the benefit of doubt. If they don't know, they shouldn't speak on it.

The thread premise is trash from the beginning considering OP asked about New Yorks "downtown" and only mentioned Manhattan. That was his first mistake. Growing up in Queens, I key on that shyt when outsiders care to voice their opinion on my city.

When people talk about "NY" I force them to specify the borough of Manhattan so that they can immediately come to the realization that, in order to make a city to city comparison fair, I have to pretend that 4 other geographic locations of immense economic power and social capital don't exist.

Shadow King

Quiet N***a Loud Choppa
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Hometown of Cherokee at Law
OP has so many opinions making threads about places he's never stepped foot in :mjlol:

But for your information, driving through downtown Manhattan is :camby:. fukk the traffic, NYPD, and countless taxis cockblocking. You don't have much time to explore the scenery of the city in the car cause you're too busy trying not to get hit by a$$holes.
All this. My boy convinced me to take the car to NYC for some club. Never again.