Carmelo and La La on cover of "Black Love" Ebony Mag. edit-thoughts?

GreatestLaker

#FirePelinka
Daps
Wow, what's going on in our high schools these days?
tumblr_n1ey1a8wPR1rz36j2o1_250.png
But isn't that what you are saying?

blackzeus

Superstar
Daps
But isn't that what you are saying?

Breh, Obama is a first generation African-American. :snoop: And no, that's not what I'm saying:

Tony-Gonzalez-Wife-October.jpg

^^^Both have obvious African heritage. But I don't consider them AA. Although I do think Tony is a cool cat and probably one of those got your back in an alley fight type dudes.

kevin-garnett-and-wife.jpg

^^^AA couple to me. I ain't saying it's right, I ain't saying it's fair, but that's what I think when I think AA. People who obviously would directly claim black lineage, as opposed who would say "Nah I'm Puerto-Ricaninasian" or some stupid sh*t like that.

Marvel

Psalm 149:5-9
Daps
Reppin
House of Yasharahla
This man's last name is Vasquez too ....

pepe%2Bvasquez.jpg

by your logic, cause Black Americans got English names...we European :rudy:

:mjlol:

This is the game the white man plays. Provides the confusing Hispanic/Latino category which is an ethnic term and it's used as a classification for people of African decent to be placed at times by themselves and times by others
Because it's so hard to find "black" couples for Ebony Magazine:comeon:

Stop acting dense like y'all don't know what many black americans consider "black". These women are legitimately "black and"

Would Lala or Mariah be the first people that came to your minds when the word is mentioned :mjpls:?

:comeon: I swear, nikkas are the only ones so all inclusive but it always comes to bite us back in the ass

They can consider themselves to be what they want. I don't know why people have a hard time understanding that people can have parents from Latin America and still consider themselves black. I have a friend that is Afro-Cuban, born here and he considers himself Latino and black. One is an ethnicity and the other is race. If y'all want to be upset at anybody, blame the white man for creating these categories. So called Hispanics didn't start really identifying with that categorization until the 1980 census. Before that many just chose black or white.

blackzeus

Superstar
Daps
I was already outta this muthafukka before you replied :heh:

No other people freely adopts mixed people as readily as blacks. That's not a negative, but let's be real and acknowledge the extra responsibility for a community that's already in an identity crisis.

Basically, they aren't what pop in my mine when I think about the quintessential black woman, and I won't front about it :yeshrug:

Any white/asian/latino dude with one or more of the following is automatically black:

Gold teeth
Dreads
Baggy clothes
Ebonics fluent

Any black due with one or more of the following is still black:

Billion dollars
Doctorate in any profession
Leader of a country
Contributor to the advancement of mankind

Tony Gonzalez and his wife could claim black and none of us would bat an eyelash, but let Vanessa Williams try and claim white and see what happens :heh:

GreatestLaker

#FirePelinka
Daps
Breh, Obama is a first generation African-American. :snoop: And no, that's not what I'm saying:

Tony-Gonzalez-Wife-October.jpg

^^^Both have obvious African heritage. But I don't consider them AA. Although I do think Tony is a cool cat and probably one of those got your back in an alley fight type dudes.

kevin-garnett-and-wife.jpg

^^^AA couple to me. I ain't saying it's right, I ain't saying it's fair, but that's what I think when I think AA. People who obviously would directly claim black lineage, as opposed who would say "Nah I'm Puerto-Ricaninasian" or some stupid sh*t like that.
But what makes Obama black and LaLa not? Both have African ancestry that doesn't trace back to the US. You aren't making any kind of sense. If Obama is black then so is Lala.

Marvel

Daps
Reppin
House of Yasharahla
It's simple to me. Hispanic women, while I have no problem knocking boots with them, will claim black when they feel it's to their advantage. And they will throw a black man with no Hispanic heritage under the bus QUICK FAST when they see fit.

So no, I'm good with these part time sistas who'll use their good hair and light complexions to get in good with the other side at the twist of a curl being representatives of black love.

Dude, some black people throw their so-called mixed background all the time when it's to their advantage. Saying they are part this and that even if they aren't. There are black women all over Houston saying they are Creole or mixed but come to every black event or party. I'm sure they run back and shyt on darker skinned black people when it's convenient. It's all insecurity about being black because quite frankly being black in this world is not what's hot especially when you interact with other races. Some people embrace their blackness and some don't. It's just the way it is.

DarlingNikki

lil baby
Daps
Reppin
Puerta Medusa.
She was on the George Lopez show and said she considers herself black although she acknowledges her mixed ancestry :umad:

I'm not mad, I saw the same interview where she made sure to include that her black father grandma was Hispanic and some other bullshyt.

That bytch said "In this country, black." Because of the one drop "law" that no longer exists. I'm not mad, but you are dumb, you wanna accept a bytch who is only black by technicality in her opinion.

TooLazyToMakeUp1

LWO suicide bomber
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Out here in my damn drawls
This is the game the white man plays. Provides the confusing Hispanic/Latino category which is an ethnic term and it's used as a classification for people of African decent to be placed at times by themselves and times by others

They can consider themselves to be what they want. I don't know why people have a hard time understanding that people can have parents from Latin America and still consider themselves black. I have a friend that is Afro-Cuban, born here and he considers himself Latino and black. One is an ethnicity and the other is race. If y'all want to be upset at anybody, blame the white man for creating these categories. So called Hispanics didn't start really identifying with that categorization until the 1980 census. Before that many just chose black or white.

I don't have a problem with what they identify with, but personally, I can have my own opinions with trampling on someone's right to self identify. I ain't out here talking about pure blood and all that other jive to demean, I'm talking black in the terms our social identity (how everyone views us)

I've seen too many mixed people either disregard or embrace black in alot instances when they get around certain people in certain social settings, and it's opened my eyes

It's alot of part time nikkas out here for me to ignore the social implementations of "black" and mixed :yeshrug:. It's a healthy dialouge, so please don't consider me angry or mad when it's not the case

.༼-◕_◕-༽.

.༼-◕_◕-༽.
Daps
Reppin
Dona Nobis Pacem
Either way, is this Black love?

Where did I say I had a problem with La La on the cover?
Well she's Black and he's Black, so HELL YEAH!

I don't see the issue, you do know that slave ships brought more people to the Caribbean and Central/South America than were brought to North America right? Latino is a cultural designation, not racial.

BocaRear

The World Is My Country, To Do Good Is My Religion
Daps
Nobody really believes in black love

blackzeus

Superstar
Daps
But what makes Obama black and LaLa not? Both have African ancestry that doesn't trace back to the US. You aren't making any kind of sense. If Obama is black then so is Lala.
Please refer to @Marvel post:

Dude, some black people throw their so-called mixed background all the time when it's to their advantage. Saying they are part this and that even if they aren't. There are black women all over Houston saying they are Creole or mixed but come to every black event or party. I'm sure they run back and shyt on darker skinned black people when it's convenient. It's all insecurity about being black because quite frankly being black in this world is not what's hot especially when you interact with other races. Some people embrace their blackness and some don't. It's just the way it is.

She's black when it comes time to be an NBA baller wifey and BET VJ. She could be a high class black girl or be a wigger wife, and she chose what she chose. I can't really speak on LaLa, I don't know her personally. But I've seen too many of her types to still believe in giving her the benefit of a doubt if she really considers herself AA. And obviously breh by the responses in this thread, it's not just me. :manny:

Marvel

Daps
Reppin
House of Yasharahla
I'm not mad, I saw the same interview where she made sure to include that her black father grandma was Hispanic and some other bullshyt.

That bytch said "In this country, black." Because of the one drop "law" that no longer exists. I'm not mad, but you are dumb, you wanna accept a bytch who is only black by technicality in her opinion.

She can be what she wants to be. A lot of people with her same racial/ethnic wouldn't even give two shyts about their black part. A person's identity is shaped by their environment and how they react to it. That is why a dude like Mario Ballotelli considers himself Italian over being Ghanaian. If he grew up in a Ghanaian home he would think differently. You are the one that has the problem breh. I'm not considered African-American by some even though I was born here. I've been told I'm different since parents came straight from the motherland. It doesn't bother me. People have different categorizations for the themselves and others have a different for them. Some people argue that black Americans are not 100% black so they shouldn't consider themselves of African decent and just consider themselves mixed or American.