Carlito's Way. The ****?

Daps
Reppin
NULL
That 75k was seed money, so he could buy into Clyde Bassie's car rental company in the islands. Carlito was extremely smart and a hustler, he probably could've been a millionaire legit given half the chance.

We talking about the height of the heroin and coke era...I know this comparison is reality vs a movie...but Frank Lucas was worth hundreds of millions of dollars...you don't think some of the people he was rolling with had more than 75k? Wasn't like Carlito was using...he should had had more bread than that..

I think that's a missing part to this movie..Carlito was smart but in some ways he was a fukk up...he stayed in stupid shyt..stupid beefs that he didn't even create...loyal to a fault...that was his fukk up

karim

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This is not hate, I liked the acting but this shyt is just :what:.

It doesn't matter that he is no more about that life. It doesn't matter that he wants to stay clean. Such experienced man as him knows that it either him or the other guy, no matter how small the other guy is. Its their daily job to kill other people for fukks sake. :why:

Do you remember any questioned man in The Sopranos who walked out alive? Tony even killed his nephew cos he knew that sooner or later he would want the throne. This goes for any nikka in the game who starts to make noises.

And here we are talking about some upcoming drug dealer from Bronx. :what: This is one of the basic rules of the game, you or other man. And this movie is about the game and it fails to portray it accurately.

Do you understand what I am trying to say? :leostare:
it portrays the game very accurately in that carlito gets killed in the end because he didn't follow the rules anymore. that was the whole point of the movie. had he killed benny blanco when he should have, he wouldn't have gotten shot at the end. not only that, but the fact that he didn't kill benny blanco made his associates look at him sideways and let to them switching sides because the saw him as weak. the movie is about the repercussions of the choices that you make and that once you enter the game there is no way out. you either follow the rules or die.

Cave Savage

Feminist
Daps
Reppin
Women's rights
Two things I didn't like about the movie were that it basically showed Carlito's fate at the very beginning, and Gale seemed like a mismatch for him.

Also, what do you think about Al Pacino's Puerto Rican accent? Is it even close to legit?

Daps
Reppin
Golden Era/Drama free Zone
Two things I didn't like about the movie were that it basically showed Carlito's fate at the very beginning, and Gale seemed like a mismatch for him.

Also, what do you think about Al Pacino's Puerto Rican accent? Is it even close to legit?
this nikka played a puerto rican, a cuban and italian

:mindblown:

Oville

Pro
Daps
Carlito coulda used his experience to school Benny bout the consequences of that lifestyle. Maybe, he wouldn't have listened but at least he wouldn't have felt dissed.

Cave Savage

Feminist
Daps
Reppin
Women's rights
Carlito coulda used his experience to school Benny bout the consequences of that lifestyle. Maybe, he wouldn't have listened but at least he wouldn't have felt dissed.

The way he handled him made no sense to me. He was obviously respected by Bennie, so he should have just politely told him to chill out.

ShaDynasty

Chaos Theory Part 1 - The Album
Daps
I haven't seen this film in years. Used to be one of my favorites, I'll dig it out and see if it holds up.

The film made sense to me, Carlito had obligations to old friends that he wanted to take care of and not let people down, but he was done with the street life. Obviously it didn't work out.

The tension in this movie is compelling. Beautifully shot scenes, great performances.

Stop_It_5

Veteran
Daps

"A thug changes and love changes
And best friends become strangers, Pachangas
Pa-Pa-Pachangas , Pa-Pa-Pachangas"

:wow:

Geechiedan214

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Oak Cliff Tx Triple D as a whole
It's a classic breh, and the writing isn't lazy. A person like Carlito wouldn't even acknowledge Benny Blanco as a threat, that was the point. He seen him as a peon....that's the type of shyt that gets you killed.

Fred.
Exactly fuk is that cat talking about...this is/was a masterpiece and taught me alot as a youngn about people & certain situations.

ShaDynasty

Chaos Theory Part 1 - The Album
Daps
Just rewatched this. Great film except for Penelope Ann Miller, boy is she an awful, unsexy soap level actress with fake t*ts.