Can DC movies survive Superman vs Batman Underperforming?

Daps
nikkas didn't have to suffer the first first fantastic four movie or that Nick Fury movie :francis:

:gladbron: the one from the 90s?? forgot all about that stuff

:banderas: memories from my childhood, had that stuff on VHS, recorded it when it came on TV

might have been terrible, but don't dump on my childhood, breh :mjcry:

Brandeezy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
East ATL
Ok, homo...besides heaths performance...what stood out in tdk? begins was fukking better

:mjlol: why are you so mad? Because I said TDK is better than all the Marvel movies imo? :dead:

But to answer your question, Roger Ebert said it the best...

"Because these actors and others are so powerful, and because the movie does not allow its spectacular special effects to upstage the humans, we’re surprised how deeply the drama affects us. Eckhart does an especially good job as Harvey Dent, whose character is transformed by a horrible fate into a bitter monster. It is customary in a comic book movie to maintain a certain knowing distance from the action, to view everything through a sophisticated screen. “The Dark Knight” slips around those defenses and engages us."

That's why

Lord Piffington

Cacnificent #euswag
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:mjlol: why are you so mad? Because I said TDK is better than all the Marvel movies imo? :dead:

But to answer your question, Roger Ebert said it the best...

"Because these actors and others are so powerful, and because the movie does not allow its spectacular special effects to upstage the humans, we’re surprised how deeply the drama affects us. Eckhart does an especially good job as Harvey Dent, whose character is transformed by a horrible fate into a bitter monster. It is customary in a comic book movie to maintain a certain knowing distance from the action, to view everything through a sophisticated screen. “The Dark Knight” slips around those defenses and engages us."

That's why

Sooo you couldnt give no answers of you own, you had to dig up some review...I asked YOU what was good about tdk except for the joker..it would take you less time to come up with something from the top than to google tdk reviews and post the most positive one :mjlol:

Ok lil buddy gotcha...Imma leave you alone now

Brandeezy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
East ATL
Sooo you couldnt give no answers of you own, you had to dig up some review...I asked YOU what was good about tdk except for the joker..it would take you less time to come up with something from the top than to google tdk reviews and post the most positive one :mjlol:

Ok lil buddy gotcha...Imma leave you alone now

Tell me why Avengers is better than TDK

Or GOTG
Or Iron Man
Or Cap 2

I'll wait, I bet it has something to do with the special effects and how cool it looked. Oh yeah i forgot about the comedy :mjlol:

(ALi)

Daps
Reppin
NULL
:mjlol:At Captain Amerikkka being a box office threat to Batman and Superman sharing screen time. Which universe is that happening in?

And even though Bale was an awful Batman, Nolan takes the blame for that. TDK is still bettering every Marvel movie.

Marvels best movie the general consensus is Avengers and if that's their best material I mean it's not even a competition. DC movies tend to be quality over quantity, I wouldn't worry about it.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
BvS is going to make ridiculous money because it is a movie with Batman and Superman in it and it comes out in March.

Hitfix ran a story about a "no joke" policy for DC films that no one else ever corroborated and that has not ever been brought up again by any site anywhere on the Internet since Hitfix ran the story back in August. It is pure :duck:

Ghost Utmost

The Soul of the Internet
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the Aether
DC is kinda dumb tho. They had Superman Returns, TDK trilogy, and GL that they coulda been Universe building all this time. MoS coulda been DC's Avengers IF they woulda had a plan. Instead the DC movies from the 2000s are in four entirely different Universes. Throw in the TV shows and you have like 7 different universes. Lots of wasted potential.

LurkMoar

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
if dc had any sense they would develope
2nd and 3rd level characters like Marvel does.
superman and batman is a unsteady crutch for them.
wat6rr.jpg

PREACH!

DC always trying to stay with their Batman tricycle when they could be riding a bike with all the characters the got :beli:

Norrin Radd

To me, my board!
Daps
Reppin
Zenn-La
DC is kinda dumb tho. They had Superman Returns, TDK trilogy, and GL that they coulda been Universe building all this time. MoS coulda been DC's Avengers IF they woulda had a plan. Instead the DC movies from the 2000s are in four entirely different Universes. Throw in the TV shows and you have like 7 different universes. Lots of wasted potential.
This.

Daps
Reppin
NYC
i'm gonna need to see at least a teaser trailer before i write off BVS's box office.

because if there is one thing you can say about all of snyder's movies, it is that they all have very effective trailers. say all you want about the movies, but i bet a lot of you paid a ticket to see them.

we have NOOO idea what kinda buzz and what kinda momentum there's gonna be heading into BVS a year from now. the trailers, the marketing... we haven't felt it yet. it's avengers season right now. no one's even thinking about bvs.

we haven't yet really seen the tone of the movie. the look. the feel. we don't know what kind of demos it's gonna hit hardest.

i really need to see a trailer first. it's soooo important.

Last edited:

R=G

Street Terrorist
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
It will make big money..the promotion is gonna be crazy and Wonder Woman is in this too. We have no idea what her effect is on things...her fanbase is fukking huge.

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps
Amazing Spider-Man 2 did $708,000,000 worldwide.

X-Men: Days of Future Past did $748,000,000 worldwide.

Guardians of the Galaxy did $774,000,000 worldwide.

Transformers: Age of Extinction did $1,091,000,000 worldwide.

I have to think a movie with Batman and Superman will do very very well... :lupe:
not if they make it like MoS it won't :francis: