Cali or DMV? Where should I move

dennis roadman

nuclear war in my bag
Daps
Reppin
solsbury hill
Prince William County is a county located on the Potomac River in the Commonwealth of Virginia in the United States, and is part of the Washington Metropolitan Area. As of 2012, Prince William County had a population of 421,164. Its county seat is the independent city of Manassas. It is part of Northern Virginia and is one of the highest-income counties in the United States.

You wrong on two accounts bro...Woodbridge is in Prince William county, a county that's included in the Washington Metro Area and is considered Northern Virginia. I'm not just making shyt up here :rudy: If you want to live right next to DC....fine. Just don't try to act like living 20 miles out is the wasteland.

northern_virginia-map.gif

map.gif
lmao i can tell you're not from around here if you think prince william county is so-called "DMV". like yeah technically that's northern virginia/dc metro, but it's like saying Howard County, MD is DMV too. culturally it might as well be ohio. look how far leesburg, the last remnants of civilization, is from the district line :why:

22 miles on a saturday night just to go to the city :damn: i'm genuinely angry at that thought

OP, im from the area, go west. NoVa is boring as shyt unless you're in alexandria or close-in arlington/fairfax county

i'd love to live in san diego tbh. do it for your son, he'll grow up looking at the idea of living in deadbolt, va like :scusthov:

Rawtid

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
For quality of life, I'd say San Diego. For money, DMV. As far as the $82k was this their first offer or did you negotiate? Actually negotiate both offers you probably could get more in San Diego as well.

#1 pick

The Smart Negroes
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lamb of God
A 300K House in San Diego

130022011_1.jpg

130034311_1.jpg

A 300K House in Northern Virginia

getmedia

PW8129717_1.jpg

DMV is expensive. California is EXPENSIVE.
As someone who lives in the DMV, where you find this shyt at? Most nice houses in the DMV is around 600k and up. If you want one of them bullshyt townhouses, those are 300k.

#1 pick

The Smart Negroes
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lamb of God
nikka be quiet...I live in DC....Woodbridge is 22 miles from DC. If that's a long commute to you, then that's you....he said he was going to NOVA. That's NOVA.
Woodbridge traffic is beyond shytty tho. It's feels like a 1hr and 30 min drive during the week and it doesn't even have a metro station. The real DMV is Alexandria, Mt. Vernon, DC, Suitland, Landover, Chevy Chase, Bethesda, Potomac, National Harbor, McLean, Upper Marboro, College Park, Sliver Spring, Bowie, Fairfax, Annandale, Arlington, etc.

Manassas, Woodbridge, Laurel, Germantown, is seen like going to another state for most nikkas.

ThiefyPoo

Trill
Supporter
Daps
As someone who lives in the DMV, where you find this shyt at? Most nice houses in the DMV is around 600k and up. If you want one of them bullshyt townhouses, those are 300k.
right i was like how he find that :mindblown:

my town house was like 340k.

#1 pick

The Smart Negroes
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lamb of God
right i was like how he find that :mindblown:

my town house was like 340k.
When I seen Hoodbridge or Manassas, I knew this nikka was on some bullshyt. No one really wants to drive there. Traffic is such a bytch during the work week. But the TS will be working in Fort Belvoir, that's like 10 minutes tops from Woodbridge. It would make sense to live there if you work at Fort Belvoir but if this nikka worked in Fort Andrews :wtf:. Get a house in Ft. Washington or Bowie.

FAH1223

Go Wizards, Go Terps, Go Packers!
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WASHINGTON, DC

That's Prince William County

Nice houses in PG County are in that price range into the $400k now.

The house my family lives in was bought in 2007 for $700k but now it's valued at $400k.

The expensive properties are in Montgomery County, DC, Fairfax County. You get more bang for your buck in PG, Howard, Anne Arundel.

In VA you get more bang for the buck outside of Fairfax County and Arlington.

Check out Zillow and Redfin. My parents sold their house we lived in for 10 years in April. They bought in 2003 for $473k and in 2006 it was valued at $630k

They sold it for $454k this year and 6 bedroom homes selling for that much in a lot of PG County. This house was in Laurel now we renting.

Bowie, Upper Marlboro, Clinton, Glenn Dale, Laurel all got nice cribs that are much less expensive than stuff in Silver Spring, Rockville

2Quik4UHoes

Why you had to go?
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Norfeast groovin…
I lived in san jose and getting ready to move back.

My advice is san diego because san jose cost of living is the highest in cali.

san diego average rent for a nice place is $1300 a month, but the weather , the diversity of women loving brothers then u have vegas only 4 hours away, tijuana mexico right on the border and L.A. only a hour and half away u'll be living nice.

my sister live in fort washington md and the DMV is not my style. some nice african sistas other than that nah

My town keeps that black excellence...:win:

It's really on you tho OP, I've heard great things about SD. You won't be far from L.A. so you can always check that out, Vegas ain't far. The DMV is real diverse, NoVA is mostly whites but you find pockets of foreigners here and there, D.C. is where all the actions at, gentrification has opened up more space for familiesand hipster vermin but certain parts of the city are still live as fukk so don't loaf out there, Maryland is one of the GOAT states(just legalized medi jane) and black as shyt as much as it is white. Mo County will provide your child with a safe, yet diverse experience with children from around the world...my elementary classes were always like a UN summit or some shyt, PG County is the richest black county in 'murrica. Ft. Washington where I stay has lots of black professionals from shyt like government, military, TV, radio, journalists, lawyers, doctors, and the like. Mitchellville is the same way but from what I've seen it seems more country club bougie type while Ft. Wash got that element of ratchetness from the surrounding cities so it still seems familiar even amidst the nice cars and shiny cufflinks.

Whatever your looking for its there in the DMV more than likely, and Jersey is 2 1/2 to 3 hours away as oppose to 6 hours on a plane.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
So I have a job offer for 82k/yr in NoVa and I'm lookin at a possible 75k in San Diego or San Jose.. I've never been to either; I'm originally from jersey and just moved from hawaii. I always thought San Diego would be dope cuz of the weather and what not but is it worth the pay cut? :patrice: I'm married and have a 3 year old son btw
SD. close thread. you have to be crazy to go w/ NOVA. that so cal life:ahh: