Bright (Will Smith, dir. David Ayer) thread

Squirrel from Meteor Man

Veteran
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
:mjlol:

Netflix have had a lot of original content praised by critics. I doubt they were paid off by bigger companies. Wouldn’t make sense.
The original movies that are praised are typically smaller scale period pieces. This is the first one to directly challenge their big money movies.

ahomeplateslugger

Superstar
Daps
The original movies that are praised are typically smaller scale period pieces. This is the first one to directly challenge their big money movies.

Okja had a budget of 50 million and that came out this year. Critics and audiences loved it. Sometimes you miss on big budget films and maybe the sequel for this will click with critics.

I didn’t know the director of suicide squad was behind this and it makes sense. I feel like Bright is suffering from the same thing. He throws a lot out and leaves it.

Last edited:

GrindtooFilthy

World Class SuperVillain
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA, CT, NH
Not a fan of this movie.

They tried to downplay racial stereotypes into fictional beings

Orks=black people?
Elves=jews?

Man get tf outta here

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
Not a fan of this movie.

They tried to downplay racial stereotypes into fictional beings

Orks=black people?
Elves=jews?

Man get tf outta here

The orcs was a mix, so was the elves... :francis: the orcs was a mix of blacks, hispanics, poor people... Elves was jews..whites...rich people... human's was in the middle... but there are the race of dwarves in there too which we didnt see yet...

GrindtooFilthy

World Class SuperVillain
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA, CT, NH
The orcs was a mix, so was the elves... :francis: the orcs was a mix of blacks, hispanics, poor people... Elves was jews..whites...rich people... human's was in the middle... but there are the race of dwarves in there too which we didnt see yet...
It's a good movie no doubt but I'm really not a fan of Hollywood downplaying shyt like that. It's gone hurt us in the long run