Brehs does the movie "Heat" still hold up?

newarkhiphop

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
A guy told me one time, "Don't let yourself get attached to anything you are not willing to walk out on in 30 seconds flat if you feel the heat around the corner."

^^ always followed that too

This :wow:

Movie has two of the greatest scenes ever

That talk between Dinero and Pacio

And the shootout

:wow:

newarkhiphop

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
"you don't know what this is do you"

waingro.jpg

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
i won't lie i saw it like 10 years ago and thought it didn't live up to the hype on first viewing.

this thread has me wanting to re-watch it though

jay211

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This movie is an undeniable masterpiece. Michael Mann at his finest. So many quotables. My nikka DeNiro was on one. Pacino was killing it. "Cuz she had a great ASS!!! And your head was all up it!" Has me dying every time.

DeNiro's code made him go back and get that fukk boy Waingrow. He couldn't let that shyt slide. :mjcry:

Tony D'Amato

It's all about the inches
Daps
Reppin
Inches
Carbon copy? No, its not. John Hamm was not a main character facing off against Ben Affleck in the way Pacino faced off against DeNiro...The Town was strictly about the relationship between Affleck, the woman, his friends who he was loyal to, and his criminal career; completely different relationship dynamic and plot than Heat.
Which movie has the least realistic ending? The LAPD letting a cop killer walk w/ a fake id, not even holding him for a detective to look @ him, or Ben moving to the swampland in Florida when he surely would be on the most wanted list?

I like heat better as a whole, but like Town too. But both those endings are just...

I say Towns ending was a lil more believable

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Heat is one of those pieces that everytime u watch it u catch more things u missed the 1st few times lol It's almost u had to figure Hanna was on somethin to get thru the day not snappin lol

If I remember correctly in the original script Hanna was on coke, which is why Pacino is wilding so much, yelling and shyt.

Fred.

re'up

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
'The Town' is more then solid, excellent directing from Affleck, and great performances by everyone….a tight scrip…it's a dope movie. However, I kind of derailed my appreciation for the movie, by reading the novel it was based upon, Chuck Hogan, who comes close to surpassing Dennis Lehane as a Boston crime novelist. The novel goes in about twenty years deeper, and just expands the scope of the narrative so much….as novels usually do…but the movie was just so trimmed down, in comparison.

As for the Chris/ID getaway, and Ashley Judd's warning signs, that is one of the most emotionally resonating scenes in the film, and while it is veering into unbelievable territory, you can always explain it by simply a disconnect in information and chain of command, and the inefficiencies of the police department….who are only human after all. Look at these manhunts recently, from Chris Dorner to Eric Frein. It's possible the SWAT guy that had him had only glanced at Chris pic, or seen a grainy prison picture, or surveillance tape….

pickles

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
#Byrdgang
'The Town' is more then solid, excellent directing from Affleck, and great performances by everyone….a tight scrip…it's a dope movie. However, I kind of derailed my appreciation for the movie, by reading the novel it was based upon, Chuck Hogan, who comes close to surpassing Dennis Lehane as a Boston crime novelist. The novel goes in about twenty years deeper, and just expands the scope of the narrative so much….as novels usually do…but the movie was just so trimmed down, in comparison.

As for the Chris/ID getaway, and Ashley Judd's warning signs, that is one of the most emotionally resonating scenes in the film, and while it is veering into unbelievable territory, you can always explain it by simply a disconnect in information and chain of command, and the inefficiencies of the police department….who are only human after all. Look at these manhunts recently, from Chris Dorner to Eric Frein. It's possible the SWAT guy that had him had only glanced at Chris pic, or seen a grainy prison picture, or surveillance tape….

Exactly. It is not like the high level megapixel bullshyt they have now. Chris cut off his ponytail and dyed his hair. He had valid id and a valid car. Besides it didn't really matter if Chris got caught, but it allowed that great scene with him and Ashley Judd. Chris didn't know where Deniro's character was going to be.

The only plot point that was :patrice: was when Hanna chased Deniro's character to the airport (:comeon:). Them cacs old as shyt, aint nobody running that far without keeling over and dying.

Mannnn this movie is a classic though.:banderas: