Boardwalk Empire Season 5 Thread

Spiritual Stratocaster

Jesus is KING
Supporter
Daps
Curious about this Gillian and Nucky situation...

If Nucky wasn't the one who introduced her to Commodore then it would make Jimmy death all the more fukked up.:wow:. Gillian just saying that shyt to drive a wedge between Nucky and Jimmy is something Gillian would do...(she has been shown to be more than capable of scheming).

keond

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATLANTA
i liked the shot of Meyer and Charlie when they took the bag off Eli's son.

2nd favorite shot of the series. :wow:

This one is the GOAT tho

tumblr_lxr287krot1qjgri3o1_500.gif

Daps
Curious about this Gillian and Nucky situation...

If Nucky wasn't the one who introduced her to Commodore then it would make Jimmy death all the more fukked up.:wow:. Gillian just saying that shyt to drive a wedge between Nucky and Jimmy is something Gillian would do...(she has been shown to be more than capable of scheming).

I think Nucky was def involved with her meeting the commodore. I just think it didn't go down as we all think.

Prior to this season, it was sold as the Gillian caught the commodore's eye while she was performing in a parade and he told Nucky to get her, so Nuck did as he was bid, fully knowing what the commodore was going to do. It wasn't until this season that we found out that Nuck knew Gillian prior to that moment. I still think that Nuck does look out for Gillian in some way, despite participating in the commodore's demonic activity.

Also, it should be noted that Nucky's wife is pregnant, Nuck's only child is born 16 years later, so that means she has a miscarriage and likely struggled with having kids multiple times before killing herself after Nucky's sons death. This first miscarriage may play a part in all this too

Food Mane

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Does anyone else feel that Boardwalk sacrificed satisfying dramatic arcs for Chalky and Harrow for realistic reactions from Nucky? The way Nucky handled the situations leading up to their deaths was perfectly in line with his characters motivations, but in both cases left me feeling unsatisfied. More so I feel this for Chalky, but it applies to Harrows reintroduction to Nucky and subsequent death as well. It would have been nice to see both characters fully reintegrated into the main story and then die, rather than sort of cast aside by Nuck to meet their own fate. Thoughts on this?

DPresidential

The Coli's Ralph Ellison
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Old Brooklyn
Does anyone else feel that Boardwalk sacrificed satisfying dramatic arcs for Chalky and Harrow for realistic reactions from Nucky? The way Nucky handled the situations leading up to their deaths was perfectly in line with his characters motivations, but in both cases left me feeling unsatisfied. More so I feel this for Chalky, but it applies to Harrows reintroduction to Nucky and subsequent death as well. It would have been nice to see both characters fully reintegrated into the main story and then die, rather than sort of cast aside by Nuck to meet their own fate. Thoughts on this?
I agree w/ respect to Chalky but not Harrow.

If you really think about it,
Harrow was never really fully integrated into Nucky's life, Harrow really just fell into it. Harrow never lost himself in Nucky's world & for the most part he controlled what he did or did not do.

Chalky's fate was more susceptible to which ever way the Atlantic City tide moved...

Food Mane

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I agree w/ respect to Chalky but not Harrow.

If you really think about it,
Harrow was never really fully integrated into Nucky's life, Harrow really just fell into it. Harrow never lost himself in Nucky's world & for the most part he controlled what he did or did not do.

Chalky's fate was more susceptible to which ever way the Atlantic City tide moved...

I agree with that. However, there are a couple ways they could have integrated Harrow into the main story. If harrow was still around this season you could have him find out about Nucky and Gillian and the Commodore and the chain of events that set in place for Jimmy and Tommy. He could be a loyal gun for Nucky that eventually leaves him making him even more vulnerable to Luciano. Makes a lot more sense than introducing a new bodyguard and having him die in a half assed shootout 6 episodes later.

beanz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DR
I agree with that. However, there are a couple ways they could have integrated Harrow into the main story. If harrow was still around this season you could have him find out about Nucky and Gillian and the Commodore and the chain of events that set in place for Jimmy and Tommy. He could be a loyal gun for Nucky that eventually leaves him making him even more vulnerable to Luciano. Makes a lot more sense than introducing a new bodyguard and having him die in a half assed shootout 6 episodes later.

i feel like a shane in walking dead groupie because i keep saying this, but i got these scenarios playing my head where jimmy and harrow are still alive :to:

imagine if nucky had never killed jimmy, but instead told him to never show his face in AC again. then jimmy and harrow move to north jersey and continue their lives as just killers for hire for NY families. maybe even maranzano's non italian killers :banderas:

this final season making me all nostalgic for my ptsd murderers brehs :mjcry:

Food Mane

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
i feel like a shane in walking dead groupie because i keep saying this, but i got these scenarios playing my head where jimmy and harrow are still alive :to:

imagine if nucky had never killed jimmy, but instead told him to never show his face in AC again. then jimmy and harrow move to north jersey and continue their lives as just killers for hire for NY families. maybe even maranzano's non italian killers :banderas:

this final season making me all nostalgic for my ptsd murderers brehs :mjcry:

I know what you mean. Jimmy still being around for the duration of the show would have really elevated things. The end game would have been does Jimmy roll with the young bucks and the commission or stay loyal to Nuck? Or, maybe does Nucky betray Jimmy and give up AC to the commission to set himself up in retirement?

Either way a more satisfying endgame.

beanz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DR
I know what you mean. Jimmy still being around for the duration of the show would have really elevated things. The end game would have been does Jimmy roll with the young bucks and the commission or stay loyal to Nuck? Or, maybe does Nucky betray Jimmy and give up AC to the commission to set himself up in retirement?

Either way a more satisfying endgame.

could have been so dope to watch jimmy and harrow drop a couple of dudes for a few more seasons.

imagine they dont do the 7 year jump and have jimmy somehow involved with the attempted murder on lucky. have jimmy give him that scar with his trench knife :krs:

or harrow AND jimmy running up in that brothel to save tommy from gyp rosetti and his goons

gyp's jokes on jimmy would have been gold :dead:

jimmy involved in the st valentines day massacre :banderas:

so many possibilities. why michael pitt had to be a bytch for? :shaq2:

Food Mane

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
could have been so dope to watch jimmy and harrow drop a couple of dudes for a few more seasons.

imagine they dont do the 7 year jump and have jimmy somehow involved with the attempted murder on lucky. have jimmy give him that scar with his trench knife :krs:

or harrow AND jimmy running up in that brothel to save tommy from gyp rosetti and his goons

gyp's jokes on jimmy would have been gold :dead:

jimmy involved in the st valentines day massacre :banderas:

so many possibilities. why michael pitt had to be a bytch for? :shaq2:

Both would have been dope.

I think they wanted Jimmy to plan the St Valentines Day Massacre. It sure looked like he was on that path when he was in Chicago working for Torrio in season 1