Bleaching is c00ning, double eye lid is c00ning, how come bone straight weaves aren't?

Black Haven

We will find another road to glory!!!
Daps
Ive yet to meet a black woman who has an afro that large, even the natural ones get trims and styling....not sure what this has to do with anything.

Op is questioning the use of non black style wigs and weave as opposed to wigs/weaves of black hair at the very least when:

1. This generation is aware of European beauty standards
2. This generation of women love to call out white women who style their hair in black styles for cultural appropriation
3. Natural black hair (on women) is much more warmly recievied these days both professionally and culturally.

So people wonder why straight hair weaves on black women is still a thing if the message is being communicated (to white women)that wearing a different texture hair than your race's is offensive
Ok you're clearly not understanding the point I'm trying to get across. I'm not denying that natural hair is more accepted because it clearly is and, more AA women across the nation are sporting the look more than ever regardless of their socioeconomic/class they reside in. What I'm trying to get bros to understand is that to maintain long natural hair and length requires a ton of time consumption and patience which could be problematic especially for people that have busy schedules. Also, the negative stigma that kinky hair has is somewhat disappearing but, let's not act like there aren't still people who isn't fond of it now. :usure:It isn't as easy as you guys think it is, trust me I know from experience and it's why I'm not going to critique bw on the issue and why I'm trying to get you guys to see from their perspective.

Geode

All Star
Daps
Also, the negativestigma that kinky hair has is somewhat disappearing but, let's not act like there aren't still people who isn't fond of it now. :usure:
This the point I was trying to make. Straight hair is still the standard. Natural hair has made a comeback from the 70s, (where it was seen as radical or at the very least, statement making) only in the last 10-15 years. Things take time.

Now this issue of the double standard against cacs, I don't give a shyt. I'll never be in favor of "well blacks do it, so whites should be able to..." whatever it may be.
:ufdup:

ChatGPT-5

Superstar
Daps
This the point I was trying to make. Straight hair is still the standard. Natural hair has made a comeback from the 70s, (where it was seen as radical or at the very least, statement making) only in the last 10-15 years. Things take time.

Now this issue of the double standard against cacs, I don't give a shyt. I'll never be in favor of "well blacks do it, so whites should be able to..." whatever it may be.
:ufdup:
They don't give a shyt too. :wow:

MoonGoddess

Packing All The Flavour You Need
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Fantasy.
black excellence :wow:

I wonder how long it takes her to get ready in the morning :mjpls:

She most likely takes a day out of the week to do her hair for that week. Depending on the style she’d probably have to touch up either at night before she goes to sleep or in the morning. For the most part maintaining natural hair that long requires you to not manipulate it so much. We can’t be in our hair everyday like others brushing and combing and shyt. It’s why we sleep with bonnets and scarves and shyt so that our hair stays in place. It’s why we twist or braid our hairs the day before so that we don’t have much to do before work or school. It does require a lot of work and some people would rather not deal with it all the time. I know not everyone is wearing weaves to give there hair rest but there are some that do. I don’t get why y’all care so much tho. If you don’t like it then don’t date with women who put them in their hair.

ChatGPT-5

Superstar
Daps
She most likely takes a day out of the week to do her hair for that week. Depending on the style she’d probably have to touch up either at night before she goes to sleep or in the morning. For the most part maintaining natural hair that long requires you to not manipulate it so much. We can’t be in our hair everyday like others brushing and combing and shyt. It’s why we sleep with bonnets and scarves and shyt so that our hair stays in place. It’s why we twist or braid our hairs the day before so that we don’t have much to do before work or school. It does require a lot of work and some people would rather not deal with it all the time. I know not everyone is wearing weaves to give there hair rest but there are some that do. I don’t get why y’all care so much tho. If you don’t like it then don’t date with women who put them in their hair.
so then why not a wig or weave of your own texture then?:mjgrin:

AlainLocke

Banned
Daps

I enjoy the mental gymnastics Black women use to put on a bleach blonde wig or rock straight Indian weaves and not have it be c00ning...

I always say...

If I wanted a woman with a Blonde straight hair...I'll just get a White woman

If I wanted a woman with straight hair, I'll get one that grow that shyt naturallly

MoonGoddess

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Fantasy.
I know back then i had never even heard of natural hair weaves. But we have way more choices and varieties now. I just think it’s gonna take a while for more of us to embrace our textures and be comfortable with it. A lot of us are still self conscious about how our hair and texture is perceived. A lot of the points that were made in here about why some of us wear straight weaves were right but a lot of it does have to do with self hate. I wouldn’t say it’s c00ning tho. Some black woman legit think that their hair is ugly. It’s what we were taught. It’s not easy to just unthink it.

ChatGPT-5

Superstar
Daps
a lot of it does have to do with self hate. I wouldn’t say it’s c00ning tho.
Self hate is the definition of c00ning.

Some black woman legit think that their hair is ugly. It’s what we were taught. It’s not easy to just unthink it.
:mjcry:
And this ladies and gentlemen is why movies like black panther are important. People down play media, but it's a powerful tool.

0aPRIK0.jpg

MoonGoddess

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Fantasy.
on a different note. What your hair looking like though. :steviej:
I’m natural. My hair is super long. Walking around with a fro personally for me isn’t practical lol. I remember I wore it a few years back when my hair wasn’t as long and it kept getting caught in things. Had branches ripping out my strands, getting caught it my car door :mindblown:.
I could rock it all day every day when it was short but the longer it got the more I realized that stretching it and wearing braids and twist even straitening it was better for me :yeshrug: I sometimes rock wigs when I really don’t want to deal. Synthetic ones close to my texture when blown out. No one can tell the difference.
Essential - Show off your coco locks