Blavity Blacks start Petition for Disney to give 25% of Black Panther profits to the black community

Hugs

All Star
Daps
Reppin
New Yawk
https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entr...2e4b044b3821ca5fb?ncid=tweetlnkushpmg00000051
Gormley goes on to say that while it is a “symbolic victory” to see a major studio film with a majority black cast, black director and art direction helmed by black artists, this achievement doesn’t gain anything for the black community. He cites that Marvel’s marketing campaign has targeted black customers specifically by releasing the film during Black History Month and jazz poet Gil Scott-Heron’s “The Revolution Will Not Be Televised” playing in the background of the film’s initial trailer.

I mean the petition makes a point...

That Marvel have successfully exploited Black people by pandering...and that Marvel will take Black people money like never before...

But...ain't that what nikkas want?

Like Black people cry and complain..."How come we ain't on TV and movies..."

And then Marvel exploits the fukk out of you and make the ultimate Pro-Black militant escapism...

And now...Pro-Black militant points this out and wants a check...

Brehs and Brehettes...capitalism, representation and art go hand and hand...capitalism, representation and art won't save you...

You know who is laughing to the bank...Marvel/Disney...

You know who gotta go back to work tomorrow after you drop 50 to 100 dollars to see this shyt...You....
y'all nikkas ain't heard of matinees? :picard:

Paper Boi

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
i'm sure disney shareholders will oblige with the request :jbhmm:

if you mad about where the profits are going then just don't see the movie or wait til it's streaming somewhere. :yeshrug:

SadimirPutin

Superstar
Daps
yo I am tired of these a$$holes man.......

I honestly wish I could firebomb the servers that host their endless claptrap

Donald Trumps Twitter

Divine Infinite Commander King
Daps
Reppin
Space Force 1
Man yall crucifying black people as an entire for this “petition”

Its only 1000 signatures on it so far :mjlol:

YALL WHITE PEOPLE AINT shyt

But yall definitely up in this thread shytting on blacks as a whole tho. And with pleasure too :mjlol:“im ashamed to be black”
“How embarrassing for us”

@BmoreGorilla @Malkoonxxx_23 @BlackPearl The Empress

Secure Da Bag

Veteran
Daps
My Neguses. Enjoy the movie. Take in the positivity.

It's a movie. If the revolution will not be televised, what the hell makes you think it's gonna be on IMAX?

I'm all for recycling black dollars and making new investments. Just not wasting time asking the wrong people. Disney? Really? Go find some jewelers who profit off of blood diamonds or damn near slave labor and ask them to invest in those communities. Petition for the Aframs in the South to not live with hookworm. Petition for Flint to be compensated for government negligence. Bank and buy black.

But not this. :scust:

SlimeyLilDude

Richest shooter
Daps
Reppin
NULL

‘Black Panther’ Generates $89.3 Million For Georgia Economy

Black Panther continues to do amazing things. During a special screening of the movie, MPAA Chairman and CEO Charles Rivkin highlighted the contributions of the Marvel Studios production made to Georgia as it generated $83.9 Million to the state’s economy.

RELATED
'Black Panther' Review: Chadwick Boseman Powers Marvel's Greatest Superhero Movie Yet

blackpanther5a5445428e5bb.jpg

Danai Gurira on set with Director Ryan Coogler
Marvel Studios
The event was a community screening of the highly-anticipated superhero pic for film’s local crew. Rivkin also pointed out that the film contributed over $26.5 million in wages to more than 3,100 workers across Georgia. Emceed by Georgia Attorney General and former Commissioner of the Georgia Department of Economic Development (GDEcD) Chris Carr, the event also featured a surprise appearance from Nick Fury himself Samuel L. Jackson.

“Tonight, we are here to celebrate the talented individuals and vendors who help make Georgia the third largest production center in the nation, and who help bring to life stories, likeBlack Panther, that make a difference,” said Rivkin. “Black Panther has smashed records for advance ticket sales thanks to the hard work of local crew and vendors, and because the film reflects the breadth and diversity of our global communities.”

Black Panther is not the only Marvel Studios movie shot in the Southern state. Many other MCU titles including Spider-Man: Homecoming and the forthcoming Avengers: Infinity War found a home in Georgia.

“Every time we come back to make a movie here in Georgia, the experience gets better,” said David Grant, VP, Physical Production, Marvel Studios. “The infrastructure for film production continues to improve and the bench of creative professionals we can draw on gets deeper – and that’s because as a community you have committed to making Georgia a great place to make films and television shows.”

RELATEDDeadline’s New Hollywood Podcast: ‘Black Panther’ Breakout Letitia Wright On Her Spiritual Road To The Marvel Movie
Deputy Commissioner of the Georgia Film Office Lee Thomas added: “While hosting Marvel films, Georgia has doubled for New York, San Francisco, and even other galaxies! Now, with Black Panther, we can add the African nation of Wakanda to our resume. Black Panther employed thousands of Georgians, supported hundreds of local vendors, and created opportunities for film tourism.”

Black Panther made great use of the Atlanta area, shooting in various areas. In addition, significant portion of the production’s investment supported a wide array of in-state vendors, including numerous small businesses.

Michael's Black Son

Blanket Jackson
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
New York City & Neverland Ranch
I've been trying my best to ignore this, but this movie has truly brought out all the goofy in the alotta people.:francis:
Its almost to the point where you don't even wanna associate with it or anyone who watches it. :francis:

Breh I almost don’t even wanna see the shyt now. These idiots pick the dumbest shyt to create a wave on and look 1000% dumb in the process doing it as any of it will mean shyt after the flick is outta theaters. I bet the actors in the film could give two fukks because they’re all either working on their next projects or pressing their agents to get them something to work on

Secure Da Bag

Veteran
Daps
I'm not trying to miss a movie because people acting stupid on twitter. They can go on the Blitter app with that shyt.

Michael's Black Son

Blanket Jackson
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
New York City & Neverland Ranch
Blacks chose to give their money to this movie. Then a group puts pressure on whites to give the money back? Instead of putting pressure on Blacks to invest their money? Ok...

Folks gonna over look this post breh. Because the $ doesn’t need to go to Disney first and then back out as if it’s dirty money being washed up first. And how should this money even be distributed? Dropped from a plane with the Disney logo on it in small bills? shyts ridiculous.

NoChillJones

Banned
Daps
Its just a movie and apparently a damn good one. If you think it's anything more then that...seek help. We don't to go apeshyt over it...BUT we shouldn't have to boycott it either...just go support the damn movie ..the same way you did with every other Marvel movie..this one just has that wink wink shyt with it..

fairfax12

Pro
Daps
Yeah it's corny but I hope y'all still go out and take your family and friends to see this film. A primely produced, all-black action film with a near limitless budget doesn't come around often. It would be great to see BP do big numbers the first week.