Blade Runner 2049 (Official Thread)

Daps
Reppin
Loved it and a shame this movie will be slept on... theater was DEAD at the one I saw it in at 7:15. One thing I guess I missed though and probably a stupid question but

how did Deckard live in Vegas since they said it was too radioactive for anyone to live in

Drew Wonder

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I liked this a lot, excellent world building that drew you in like the original and the visuals were incredible. Posed a lot of philosophical questions but didnt dwell on them too long or beat you over the head with it. I do feel like they could've cut some of the first hour down as it dragged a bit but once the main plot gets going I was engaged all the way through.

Most powerful scene to me was toward the end when K sees the hologram of the sex robot and realizes just how fake and hollow his world is. After finding out he's not Deckard's son it seems like he decides the only way he'll find any real meaning to his existence is to fight for a cause. So having him go in and save Deckard at the end had a lot more resonance with that scene to set it up.

Also loved the scene where he fails the test and you start to see him crack a little bit

this movie actually reminded me more of Spielberg's AI than the original Blade Runnet. Seems like all K really wanted was to prove he was more than just a machine.

I followed most of the movie but one thing I was a little fuzzy on, what was the point of giving the memories of Deckard's daughter to K? Was it just to throw people off?

The theater I went to was packed but I gotta say it didn't seem like the crowd was feeling it. One couple walked out, an old man sitting next to me shouted out "this is so boring!" and my girl dozed off a few times. When it was over nobody clapped, everyone just seemed like they were in a daze. It got better reviews from critics than the original initially did but as far as audience reaction I have a feeling it's gonna play out similarly as the original. Bunch of people watch it thinking it's gonna be a normal sci-fi action flick only to be confused by the slow pace. But it'll still have a core group of fans who view it as a masterpiece. But we'll see

Dre Space Age

Supporter
Daps
aight i think i get it now. deckard's daughter implanted memories in some replicants on purpose even though its illegal, in order to find her parents because she knew the horse was a clue

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
Loved it and a shame this movie will be slept on... theater was DEAD at the one I saw it in at 7:15. One thing I guess I missed though and probably a stupid question but

how did Deckard live in Vegas since they said it was too radioactive for anyone to live in

When K arrives in Vegas, he uses a device which tells him radiation is nominal. Clearly the amount of radioactivity has greatly reduced. Also, technically, much like the original movie they suggest that perhaps Deckard himself could be a replicant. There's no clear answer, but it would give better explanation as to why he could live in irradiated Vegas. And they deliberately opened up the movie with the narrative about 'open-ended' models (like Bautista's character in the opening scene) to keep that debate alive as in the original the models only had like a four year lifespan.

aight i think i get it now. deckard's daughter implanted memories in some replicants on purpose even though its illegal, in order to find her parents because she knew the horse was a clue
No.

Only K had the horse memory. The other replicants knew about the child, and the existence of a child born from a replicant all gave them a dream. A dream, that even though they might've been manufactured by man, perhaps they too could be more than just an artificial construct.

Dre Space Age

Supporter
Daps
When K arrives in Vegas, he uses a device which tells him radiation is nominal. Clearly the amount of radioactivity has greatly reduced. Also, technically, much like the original movie they suggest that perhaps Deckard himself could be a replicant. There's no clear answer, but it would give better explanation as to why he could live in irradiated Vegas. And they deliberately opened up the movie with the narrative about 'open-ended' models (like Bautista's character in the opening scene) to keep that debate alive as in the original the models only had like a four year lifespan.

No.

Only K had the horse memory. The other replicants knew about the child, and the existence of a child born from a replicant all gave them a dream. A dream, that even though they might've been manufactured by man, perhaps they too could be more than just an artificial construct.
why only k? da fukk? who gave him the memory? the daughter?

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
why only k? da fukk? who gave him the memory? the daughter?
K was a replicant created with the exact DNA as the woman. He was implanted with the real memory of the orphanage because as such in DNA and "history" he would replace the actual child (the girl) who was registered as dead. This was all a way of throwing off people like Wallace and the police chief who were after the child for their own purposes.

gluvnast

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Just saw this in IMAX; beautiful fim, very well shot. Was interesting how they integrated the landscape from the original with this one. Really liked it, the plot was kinda thin but made up for the themes/issues brought up in the film.

The swerve with K not being deckard's kid, one eye replicant lady came with that ether:picard:

K being a replicant being in love with hologram chick was just :mjlol::wow::mindblown:

K had to kill LOVE because LOVE killed his JOY :troll:.... K finding out that having JOY is artificial :wow: and never real.

Soymuscle Mike

Formerly known as Vincenzo Corleone
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Sweetlake City
Amazing, best movie (not just scifi) since....Arrival :ohhh:

Villeneveau and Zimmer is a godly combination.

Joy was both a ride or die chick and full of shyt
:mjcry:

Last edited: