Black People Are the Worlds "Entertainment"

PhonZhi

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atl, Ga by way of Alabama
I was at a truckstop last nite for the game. There was like 6 of us bruthas and like 15 white guys in the t.v room watching.

So anyways, when the white guy caught the touchdown for Clemson's 1st score, one of the white guys was like "hold on...wait, that was a white guy???" :gladbron:

Everybody started laughing except me.:martin:

It was a random joke to everyone else but to me it was a reminder of one of the main things that we're known and celebrated for: our athletic ability/prowess. Not our minds and intellect, but how high we jump and fast we run. When that white dude made that catch, it didnt fit the stereotype. Whiteboys aren't suppose to bolt down the field like that. Whiteboys aren't supposed to jump high in the air like that. Whiteboys aren't supposed to make circus catches like that. Thats what WE do. Thats what we're used to seeing. That's what THE WORLD is used to seeing from us. So when a white person displays physical prowess (or the ability to hang with the black athletes) it takes even white people off guard since their minds (along with everyone else's) have been conditioned to link physical prowess with the black athlete.

I actually was going to make this thread a couple days ago.
I was driving up I85 out of GA into S.C and one of the 1st billboards i saw was an ad for Clemson basketball. Of course a black athlete was on it. As im almost into North Carolina, i see a billboard with Cam Newton on it, another black athlete.

Now mind you as im seeing this, im thinkin to myself :patrice:"since ive started driving trucks last year, ive seen the most Confederate Flags here in the state of South Carolina". And also of course that awful police shooting

and the church massacre happened here.

With all of this in mind, i thought with all the deep-seeded hatred towards blacks thats here (and throughout the entire country of course) these same folks are gonna be rooting for their majority black college football team to win the championship and their majority black NFL team Panthers (with a black quarterback) to win the Super Bowl.

Maybe i be thinking about shyt too hard, but when you're "conscious", its hard not to be "that guy". But like ive said in other threads

http://www.thecoli.com/threads/how-...aware-changed-the-way-you-view-sports.314193/

as long as we're dunking that basketball and catching those footballs, they love and cheer for us. But other than that, we're simply "******s". They love us as long as we're entertaining them.:manny:

Just a random thought. Nothin we dont already know.

Peace

31Flavors

Guilty Pleasure
Daps
Yep

We're court jesters, clowns, a circus, etc to all the other races

Our culture is a laughing stock to everyone else

Nothing will change though

Black people will continue to attention whore/disgrace the race on social media/twitter/vine/WSHH

We'll continue to prioritize athletics over education so we'll still be all over ESPN and not the Forbes list

We'll continue to have a large portion of blacks reinforcing negative stereotypes and the rest of us will be silenced into tolerated it out of fear for being outcasted.

Still FloW

Gawd Of Shinobi
Daps
Reppin
Inside K. Michelle's Box
SNb23gI.gif

Biddap

...And Dan was the Serpant
Daps
Reppin
Gunns Rd
Yep

We're court jesters, clowns, a circus, etc to all the other races

Our culture is a laughing stock to everyone else

Nothing will change though

Black people will continue to attention whore/disgrace the race on social media/twitter/vine/WSHH

We'll continue to prioritize athletics over education so we'll still be all over ESPN and not the Forbes list

We'll continue to have a large portion of blacks reinforcing negative stereotypes and the rest of us will be silenced into tolerated it out of fear for being outcasted.

This is YOUR inferior complex speaking. Its not black peoples fault we dominate sports and make music people like.

Black people are not the only people who do goofy shyt online, people just LIKE looking at black people. I do agree about prioritizing education and getting rid of ignorant culture though.

Daps
Reppin
Canada
I was just talkin to an Asian girl yesterday.
Regular cool conversation then She goes "yea I think I'm black on the inside lol"
:rudy:Like the fukk that even supposed to mean and why is that funny to you?

That code for I'm down. :what:

I think ya'll too concerned about what white people think about you. Even if ya'll were doctors they'd still have something to say like they do with asian and indian people.

Mac Brown

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-town
I was just talkin to an Asian girl yesterday.
Regular cool conversation then She goes "yea I think I'm black on the inside lol"
:rudy:Like the fukk that even supposed to mean and why is that funny to you?

slide me her number

id pleasantly ruin her life