Black Panther is not a symbol of pro-blackness

Concerning VIolence

Decolonizer
Daps
Reppin
the belly of the empire
when i saw the elder male wit the lip plate i knew it some bullshyt...

cuz thats something that was forced on african women to make em unattractive to arab invaders...

so they wouldnt be kidnapped as sex slaves... now they got us believing its something to be proud of...

let cacs tell yo history brehs...

Damn you're stupid.

The costume designer of the movie is a black woman.

Concerning VIolence

Decolonizer
Daps
Reppin
the belly of the empire
Exactly, Dwayne McDuffie’s creations doesn’t get half the praise as Black Panther. Static Shock should have his own movie by now but that’s because Warner Bros aren’t pushing DC properties if they aren’t affiliated with the justice league or Shazam

The irony of you champing Milestone when they were OWNED by DC (aka CACS) and subsequently never given a fukk about. :russ:

Milestone was the abused and forgotten stepson.

DC CACS let Milestone die. They never gave a shyt about it characters and the ruined the ones they pretended to care about (Static).

Black Nate Grey

The God Emperor of Mankind
Daps
Hey I only go off what I read, the way you were utterly dismissive of the Static story as hood boy gets super powers, but never described any of the traditional stories as angry black man gets super power or gary stu gets noticed, speaks volumes to me.

If it just came off that way, sorry.

I have no problem with Blue marvel as a character, again though, its sad to me that the so called black "activists" ignore black created characters, they ignore very good characters and stories, and only seem to want acceptance or inclusion or takeovers of white properties, not to celebrate great properties that are black created. That is my only issue.
All good g.

And fair enough, you want to see support for black created characters. I agree I want to see it too.

The difference is Black Panther is legitimately awesome. Gods/aliens/ white people all get told to go fukk themselves. People don't like BP because he was created by White people, he is a legitimately awesome character. Warrior-King-Philosopher-Scientist. He is almost mythical in a sense. That's why he is so well liked. Superheroes are our modern era Gilgamesh, Hercules, etc. They can inspire us.

Black Panther is basically white 'supremacy's' worst fear brought into form. I love him for that as well.

David_TheMan

Banned
Daps
All good g.

And fair enough, you want to see support for black created characters. I agree I want to see it too.

The difference is Black Panther is legitimately awesome. Gods/aliens/ white people all get told to go fukk themselves. People don't like BP because he was created by White people, he is a legitimately awesome character. Warrior-King-Philosopher-Scientist. He is almost mythical in a sense. That's why he is so well liked. Superheroes are our modern era Gilgamesh, Hercules, etc. They can inspire us.

Black Panther is basically white 'supremacy's' worst fear brought into form. I love him for that as well.

Well just agree to disagree about BP as a character. But yeah we understand each other so its all good

Benjamin Sisko

Still that resident truth-bringer
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NO
Christopher Priest, Reginald Hudlin and Coates have all contributed to the most legit and defined aspects of the Black Panther.

You don't read comics.
Don’t tell me what the fukk I don’t know. I said it’s CREATION, not it’s DEVELOPMENT. Im well aware of the Preist run who created Achebe and gave TChalla a brain anorysm so spare me.

Todd McFarlene was credited in the creation of the symbiot in the Spider-Man universe, not the creation of the actual character. Just the same as those aforementioned authers but they ran on what Stan lee created and that Marvel owns

How y’all gonna be proud to pimp something that is controlled by whites?? He is not a true testament of anything pro-black that wa the point I was making.

Last edited:

Benjamin Sisko

Still that resident truth-bringer
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NO
The irony of you champing Milestone when they were OWNED by DC (aka CACS) and subsequently never given a fukk about. :russ:

Milestone was the abused and forgotten stepson.

DC CACS let Milestone die. They never gave a shyt about it characters and the ruined the ones they pretended to care about (Static).
What’s your point?? What the fukk does that has to do with Black Panther being championed as being a pro-black symbol?

King Musa

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
South Florida
Can y'all let Black people enjoy anything god damn.

We out here dying and broke--allow people to have some refuge from the shyt.

If a Black Panther display picture makes someone feel pride in their race then so be it.

Doesn't affect me in any way.

^This...Nikkas be doing the most.