better black superheros dc or marvel

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
In all honestly Spawn (especially him), Static and Storm (Blame Singer) are has beens at this point

Storm still living off borrowed time from a popularity contest that happened literally 20 years ago. :pachaha: May 1996 Marvel vs DC. Since then, it's been nothing but coulda woulda shouldas

Spawn they went too extreme with the ideas and got too convoluted, plus no real fun characters in his world to play off of or grow. 20-25 years later and he's still tryna reunite with his wife or somethin

Static and John Stewart... both had the juice but it's all but dried up at this point.

My main man John Stewart :to:

David_TheMan

Banned
Daps
Storm still living off borrowed time from a popularity contest that happened literally 20 years ago. :pachaha: May 1996 Marvel vs DC. Since then, it's been nothing but coulda woulda shouldas

Spawn they went too extreme with the ideas and got too convoluted, plus no real fun characters in his world to play off of. 20-25 years later and he's still tryna reunite with his wife or somethin

Static and John Stewart... both had the juice but it's all but dried up at this point.

Before the garbage ass reboot, Green Lantern Corps and Green Lantern were the only comics holding it down in DC IMHO.
And I will never hate on Hal getting the shine he deserves after they foolishly did that parallax bullshyt, but John, Kyle, and Guy as a trio in GLC was perfect for me. John was never written lowly and always as a man who commanded the respect of his peers, was very capable and to be respected by the Corps enemies, and etc.

When my boy Guy put on the Indigo ring and got ready during the War of the Green Lanterns arc.
:blessed:

Hal%2C_Guy%2C_John%2C_and_Kyle_Get_New_Rings.jpg

I AM WARHOL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
ATL
She has a logo:

getimage

Storm and the X-Men in general are extremely famous all over the West (Canada, Europe, Australia, New Zealand) and she's a known enough X-Man in Japan - she was in some of the Marvel animes and was in most of the Marvel Versus fighting games by Capcom.

Maybe it's because I'm a little older (I'm 28), but Storm was very very very widely known by non-comic readers back in the 90's and 2000's. My British cousin knew NOTHING about comics, but knew Storm and Wolverine. Everything from the X-Men films (Halle Berry was unquestionably A list by 2003) to the 90's cartoon (bigger hit than Static Shock back in the day, it was massive) to trading cards and the comics themselves featured her, and she was a central figure in all of it. She was a major part of the legendary Chris Claremont run in the 80's which are considered the definitive X-Men stories.

My mom and dad recognize Storm from the movies, I'm 1000000% sure they have no idea who Static Shock is. He's only known by comic fans and younger Millennials.
I've never seen that logo in my live :yeshrug:. If I have I was too young to remember. I would say she's just as iconic as Rouge or Jean Grey. I wouldn't label them icons

Northern Son

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I've never seen that logo in my live :yeshrug:. If I have I was too young to remember. I would say she's just as iconic as Rouge or Jean Grey. I wouldn't label them icons

Maybe I am out of touch being nearly 30 :yeshrug:. That said I still don't think Static Shock is that popular outside of comic fans.

Daps
Reppin
Latveria
I think DC has the better black characters, Mr. Terrific, Black Lightening, John Stewart, Static, and Cyborg and hell throw in Icon from the Dakotaverse as well. DC they may not have the best powers, but as characters they are pathetic stereotypes, like the Marvel black hereos. IMHO.

I mean Marvel hits you with a racist ass hero like Luke Cage, motherfukker was like a white stereotype of a black guy. Black Panther might be the standout but he is african and black, not a black american like DC was putting out.
Static and Icon aren't really DC and how is Luke Cage any more a stereotype than John Stewart

Luke Cage is his own character not a spinoff like John Stewart and what's wrong with T'challa being African, Black doesn't just mean African American

The Marvel black heroes are at the forefront of their teams, have books, are in cartoons and movies

Where are the DC ones?

David_TheMan

Banned
Daps
Static and Icon aren't really DC and how is Luke Cage any more a stereotype than John Stewart

Luke Cage is his own character not a spinoff like John Stewart and what's wrong with T'challa being African, Black doesn't just mean African American

The Marvel black heroes are at the forefront of their teams, have books, are in cartoons and movies

Where are the DC ones?

DC was the publisher for milestone, I don't see why we can't include them especially when they were for a time merged with DC proper. Same take on Wildstorm, I'd include them as DC properties as well.

Luke Cage is a jive talking embarassing stereotype of blacks, why act like it wasn't deliberately made to embrace blackploitation movie tropes?
John Stewart to me was far better portrayal of a character than Cage.

What does Cage being a black bootleg CA have to do with Stewart being a GL? There are numerous GLs as well and he wasn't even the first backup for Hal. So your comment seems strange with regard to getting at the heart of what I posted.

As for africans, I said Marvel does alright with african characterizations, atleast far better than they do with black americans, how do you read that and state what you just said unless you are slow of comprehending.

Marvel can put whoever they want at the forefront, that wasn't my argument.
I simply said DC has better black characters than Marvel IMHO.

Daps
Reppin
Latveria
DC was the publisher for milestone, I don't see why we can't include them especially when they were for a time merged with DC proper. Same take on Wildstorm, I'd include them as DC properties as well.
Milestone was DC the same way Watchmen is DC.

You counting Milestone as DC is like a Marvel fan calling Miracleman one of marvel's best stories
Luke Cage is a jive talking embarassing stereotype of blacks, why act like it wasn't deliberately made to embrace blackploitation movie tropes?.
you're so hung up on literally the earlier issues of Cage's book. John Stewart was the angry black man for a long part of his history

What does Cage being a black bootleg CA have to do with Stewart being a GL? There are numerous GLs as well and he wasn't even the first backup for Hal. So your comment seems strange with regard to getting at the heart of what I posted.
That's my point John Stewart isn't "The" green lantern he's just another one in the long line of them and right now he's probably the 5th in hierarchy at DC

As for africans, I said Marvel does alright with african characterizations, atleast far better than they do with black americans, how do you read that and state what you just said unless you are slow of comprehending.
Did you read what you posted?
The way you worded it was like BP is inferior because he's African not African American like the DC characters
Marvel can put whoever they want at the forefront, that wasn't my argument.I simply said DC has better black characters than Marvel IMHO.
But its factually not true. You have to have some bias to truly believe that.

David_TheMan

Banned
Daps
Milestone was DC the same way Watchmen is DC. You counting Milestone as DC is like a Marvel fan calling Miracleman one of marvel's best stories

Luke Cage is a jive talking embarassing stereotype of blacks, why act like it wasn't deliberately made to embrace blackploitation movie tropes?
Click to expand...​
you're so hung up on literally the earlier issues of Cage's book. John Stewart was the angry black man for a long part of his history

Click to expand...​
That's my point John Stewart isn't "The" green lantern he's just another one in the long line of them and right now he's probably the 5th in hierarchy at DC

Click to expand...​
Did you read what you posted?
The way you worded it was like BP is inferior because he's African not African American like the DC characters
Marvel can put whoever they want at the forefront, that wasn't my argument.
I simply said DC has better black characters than Marvel IMHO.
Click to expand...​
But its factually not true. You have to have some bias to truly believe that.

I just told you that Milestone was integrated into DC proper just like Wildstorm universe was (atleast for a time), so no its nothing like a one shot comic or alternate reality story like Watchmen, Miracleman, or DKR.

Cage's entire existance was a bad white aproximation of a "hip" black cartoon.

Stewart was angry black guy, but atleast that wasn't all he was, he was a green lantern who earned his respect in the corp and as the stories progressed he became a far better character than Luke Cage has ever been IMHO.

Your point about him not being The green latern makes not sense, as it isn't a point I actually argued or said is important, and the fact that there is no The Green Lantern there is the Corp. Now if you want to complain about him not being Hal status, fine, no one will ever be his status, he is a OG comic book character that people grew to love.

I read what I posted, in no way shape or form did I say africans are inferior. Don't blame me because of your terrible reading comprehension and poor reading skills.

How can you claim that subjective opinion is not factual. You really are a stupid person aren't you? LOL
Opinion is just that opinion and it is by its very nature subjective. If you disagree fine, I'm not trying to make you agree with me any way, but atleast learn how to read and carry on a logical conversation.

loyola llothta

☭☭☭
Daps
Reppin
BaBylon
just read this on CRM

Just to add some perspective to the black heroes in the DC and Marvel conversation:

Black Panther was named the best selling book of 2016. He's been well received after CACW, and his movie is already looking amazing with top talent attached to it.

Luke Cage is getting his own Netflix series.

There are rumors that Blade is getting a Netflix series

There are rumors that Miles Morales is going to star in Sony's animated Spiderman film

War Machine, Falcon and Nick Fury have wide appeal thanks to the MCU

Moon Girl won a glyph award

Sam Wilson's the new Captain America (and he's supported by Marvel)

David Walker is writing Power man and Iron fist, and Nighthawk over a Marvel (and both are great)

Then there's titles like Ultimates that showcase Blue Marvel, Spectrum and Black Panther...a long with a multitude of other books that show off black characters, and their settings. Along with Miles Morales' Spiderman,

Un-AmericanDreamer

Simp City
Daps
Actually they are still partnered with DC. There was an official announcement last July from DC about them working with Reginald Hudlin and Milestone Media founder Denys Cowan to publish Milestone comics. They even came up with an Earth in the Dc Multiverse where the Milestone characters will reside called "Earth M"
They have said they will work with other publishers too but their relationship with DC is still ongoing.

So they put all the nikka heroes on a planet so they can keep the mainverse as lily white as possible, sounds like a white supremacist dream. :mjpls: Marvel doesn't have segregated "back to africa" planets.

loyola llothta

☭☭☭
Daps
Reppin
BaBylon

Spawn they went too extreme with the ideas and got too convoluted, plus no real fun characters in his world to play off of or grow. 20-25 years later and he's still tryna reunite with his wife or somethin

Its like black superheroes always getting fukd at the end:to:

Lhark

Superstar
Daps
Marvel, DC ain't doing shyt with their black heroes