Baby Driver (Official Thread)

Jeffrey Lebowski

i'm the dude
Daps
Reppin
My breh told me the Blu Ray of this has a mode where the dialogue is taken out but the soundtrack remains, and I'm legit excited for it.
:wow:

Didn't read through the thread so I apologized if this has already been surmised but anyone else think the ending was a dream and Baby was dead?

I mean gets his hearing fixed, doesn't get life without parole and rides off with his dream girl??

Taxi Driver is my favorite movie and there's a longstanding theory that its "happy ending" is likewise a figment of the protagonist's imagination... If that's a bit of homage by Wright then good on him, because those things seem awful unlikely otherwise

Claudex

Lord have mercy!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Motherland
The ending to this movie was some of the most authentic bullshyt I've seen all year. :dahell:
For reasons already explained by @AquaCityBoy. Like, it's just a bad third act.
25 and parole on 5?:rudy: Breh, was I the only one watching cops (that's plural!) get murked!!:why: No blue shield in hollywood I suppose. :ehh:

It literally felt like the director just
homework-to-dificult.gif

:gucci:

Edit: Also the music is great, but it's only used half as well as the one in Galaxy Vol 1/2. That's to say they tried to replicate the formula and failed.
:rudy:

boxfullofjoel

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Saw this on a flight this week. This ish is overrated B :trash:. The driving scenes weren't that great. And every character is a seems to a caricature of characters we have seen in countless movies. :beli:. Reminded me of that smoking aces movie.

I think this was a way better movie and soundtrack tbh

CM_Burns

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Finally saw this. Very good movie. The last 1/3 got too stupid for me, but the action scenes were great and the middle 1/3 really hooked me. The performances were good in an over the top way that fit the movie, except Jon Hamm, who I didn't buy for whatever reason.

Another thing I liked is how they didn't take the most obvious routes with the plot and I wasn't sure where it was going. Kevin Spacey and Baby not turning on each other was unconventional.

Last edited: