AXEL ALONSO Out, CB CEBULSKI In As Marvel Editor-in-Chief

prophecypro

Hollywood North
Daps
Reppin
LDN
First I'm hearing of that. He has said it's because of Superman and all of the money DC was willing to throw at him. He said he's leaving Marvel on good terms.

I was listening to the Ringer Podcast on Superhero movies that dropped yesterday and in their conversation of the current state of both comic book houses and changes they went through, they mentioned there were behind the scenes reports about Marvel writers clashing over essentially a vision to be socially conscious

John Reena

Superstar
Daps
I was listening to the Ringer Podcast on Superhero movies that dropped yesterday and in their conversation of the current state of both comic book houses and changes they went through, they mentioned there were behind the scenes reports about Marvel writers clashing over essentially a vision to be socially conscious

Good for them! Meanwhile D.C. looking like a Trump Campaign headquarters

voltronblack

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
So the people that are leaving Marvel are going to DC because they feel it more conservative?

Last edited:

prophecypro

Hollywood North
Daps
Reppin
LDN
So the people that are leaving Marvel are going to DC because they feel it more conservative?

No not necessairly, they just felt like Marvel was taking too much of a social justice quota push over telling competent stories

Which makes me laugh cause like dont they know Marvel's history with that stuff lol

voltronblack

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
No not necessairly, they just felt like Marvel was taking too much of a social justice quota push over telling competent stories

Which makes me laugh cause like dont they know Marvel's history with that stuff lol
that a weird problem they have seeing how marvel biggest money maker the x-men are all about telling competent stories dealing with social injustice.

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
lol-duck.gif

*waits for Brevroot to resign*
Brevoort's apologist ass leaving Marvel would be god sent. This guy let tons of garbage slide and would act like fans were out of line for complaining about numerous continuity errors he allowed.

Bendis hasn't told a competent story in years though.

Regarding Alonso though, he basically continued the path that Quesada set but with a worse understanding of the kind of events they needed to push.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
bendis is the guy who made a black Spider-Man, Iceman gay, pushed Luke Cage into prominence and constantly tried to have strong female heroes. He is the last guy who would leave because a publisher has a socially conscious prerogative. Retailer and longtime fans pushing back against diversity has marvel looking to change things up to appease them. That may have played into his decision to move in a different direction, but I think he was just burnt out at marvel.
Alonso was a great editor back before taking the EIC position, I feel like he must of been not able to navigate the demands of Disney while also pushing his own creative agenda. And looking at the art in marvel books the last couple of years, it's very evident they've had major budget restraints. Difficult balancing act, all things considered

Devilinurear

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
bendis is the guy who made a black Spider-Man, Iceman gay, pushed Luke Cage into prominence and constantly tried to have strong female heroes. He is the last guy who would leave because a publisher has a socially conscious prerogative. Retailer and longtime fans pushing back against diversity has marvel looking to change things up to appease them. That may have played into his decision to move in a different direction, but I think he was just burnt out at marvel.
Alonso was a great editor back before taking the EIC position, I feel like he must of been not able to navigate the demands of Disney while also pushing his own creative agenda. And looking at the art in marvel books the last couple of years, it's very evident they've had major budget restraints. Difficult balancing act, all things considered
Yep marvel is about to be all white again.