Avengers: Infinity War CRUSHES opening weekend with $630 million box office.

Bleed The Freak

Superstar
Daps
DC is dyin nasty :ahh:

As much as I've bashed DC and rightfully so I find no joy at all in their failure.

JL with the right build up and direction and passion could have been Infinity War.

We're in a Golden Era for comic flick adaptations and this shyt sucks.

They've got some great stories to tell and can't get out of their own way.

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
bm6LtUU.gif
What is this from?

PlayerNinety_Nine

Produced, Arranged, Composed and Performed by....
Daps

Ask Clark he don't want it with Tone - NOOOOOOOO! :damn:

On the real, though - I've talked about my boy who works at DC/WB on here before. He hit me up in 08 - Just after 'Iron Man' dropped talking about - "It's cool, I guess - but I can't really see it going anywhere." This can't have been long after TDK so his crew had just come through and crushed the buildings. shyt - they were on their way to an Oscar.

I disagreed and said that there was potential in it - but he couldn't see it at all.

Last time we hung out was the same weekend BvS dropped. He was full on :mjcry: talking about "We have to get rid of Snyder! :damn:" I haven't spoken to him this weekend, but he knows who did you know what to you know who....
Let's keep that between me and you :youngsabo:

Last edited:

Jplaya2023

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
When this beats Avatar quote this post and celebrate. That's your rival not DC

nothing is going to beat avatar, that movie appeals to all ages, demographics, creed, etc... Most parents aren't taking their 6 year old to see avengers

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
DC stock is an all time low. It might just be that Tony Stark/Iron Man has become more popular than Batman and Superman, all the heroes DC has to offer.

It was their own doing... And Marvel will soon have X men... I don't think this universe is going to be slowing down anytime soon.
I'm not a comic book head and the definition of a casual viewer for these comic book movies, but Marvel just makes a more enjoyable product. I fukked with Nolan's Batman trilogy a lot, but since then? Marvel is able to capture someone like me who is a movie guy but not die hard into comics and draw me in, in a way that DC has not been able to do so far. I can only imagine how much more fun these movies must be for you super Marvel fans, because they're really fun popcorn flicks for someone that isn't heavily invested.

I think I'm sort of the demographic that DC would like to be able to catch but is not able to. Marvel is a brand that I can trust at this point.

I keep telling people Comic Book films are a GENRE. Like Rom Com's or Horror.
Absolutely. I've considered them as their own genre for a long time now.

I'm shocked anyone would disagree.