Ask A Coli Breh Living in S. Africa ANYTHING (Now w/ Pics)

Lucky_Lefty

Dreams Are Colder Than Death...
Daps
Reppin
Purgatory
how popular is basketball over there? could you find a pick up game if you wanted to?
Hell no. I've been looking too. See more tennis courts than basketball courts. Only folks I've seen play are Americans but they were wack. I may start back playing soccer. Maybe there's somewhere in Joburg

Lucky_Lefty

Daps
Reppin
Purgatory
How difficult would it be to get a job over there if you have a degree? @Lucky_Lefty
Not hard at all. Gang of NGOs & MNCs located here. All about getting in where you can. A lot of jobs seem like significant pay decreases when measured up against US standards but the fluctuating Rand vs. US dollar here makes it inexpensive as hell here. Can't say it enough. Your dollar stretches mad long here. I've went 2 weeks and only spent $500 and that's eating out for 3 squares a day and other things. Look at Asian MNCs who have better inroads than some US. Pfizer hires mad folks from all over to work here. Plus with the GDP rose by almost 2% this past yr, so expectations are crazy high.

dc007

All Star
Daps
Reppin
DC
Not hard at all. Gang of NGOs & MNCs located here. All about getting in where you can. A lot of jobs seem like significant pay decreases when measured up against US standards but the fluctuating Rand vs. US dollar here makes it inexpensive as hell here. Can't say it enough. Your dollar stretches mad long here. I've went 2 weeks and only spent $500 and that's eating out for 3 squares a day and other things. Look at Asian MNCs who have better inroads than some US. Pfizer hires mad folks from all over to work here. Plus with the GDP rose by almost 2% this past yr, so expectations are crazy high.

That was the most surprising thing when I was there....eating at expensive restaurants were cheap as hell. I know if I translated my salary there I'd be ballin but i'm assuming if I got a job there I'd be paid in Rand. I've been told I need 35 to 40k rand a month to live a good life there. Do you agree with this?

Lucky_Lefty

Daps
Reppin
Purgatory
That was the most surprising thing when I was there....eating at expensive restaurants were cheap as hell. I know if I translated my salary there I'd be ballin but i'm assuming if I got a job there I'd be paid in Rand. I've been told I need 35 to 40k rand a month to live a good life there. Do you agree with this?
Yea. You would be able to eat real good off that. You buying or renting?

dc007

All Star
Daps
Reppin
DC
I'd rent initially. The money doesn't sound like a lot compared to the US, but I'd question how many positions are actually willing to pay that salary.

Lucky_Lefty

Daps
Reppin
Purgatory
in due time breh....let me build my stable (healthy stable :whoa:) up and I'll see what I can do....but it is kinda :ld: how you can just kick it with a chick for a weekend and next thing you know, by Saturday night, she's walking around bucky naked, in the nude, completely shaved (i was shocked)
Dope thread but my nikka you're hurting my neck with these sideways pictures
my bad....for w/e reason, they just upload that way....
how's the media (radio/TV) over there you found any good South African shows and music yet?
nah, still trying to find my way. Got invited to a South African wedding and from what I been told, that's like a 2 day event. this chick I linked up with is taking me so I get to see how they get down.. Most def posting pics and vids

↓R↑LYB

I trained Sheng Long and Shonuff
Daps
Reppin
Pawgistan
in due time breh....let me build my stable (healthy stable :whoa:) up and I'll see what I can do....but it is kinda :ld: how you can just kick it with a chick for a weekend and next thing you know, by Saturday night, she's walking around bucky naked, in the nude, completely shaved (i was shocked)

my bad....for w/e reason, they just upload that way....

nah, still trying to find my way. Got invited to a South African wedding and from what I been told, that's like a 2 day event. this chick I linked up with is taking me so I get to see how they get down.. Most def posting pics and vids

Make sure you hold your camera right this time :ufdup:

Lucky_Lefty

Daps
Reppin
Purgatory
SA brehs, let's have a meet and greet (granted its only bout 4 of us). Let me know if anyone is down and where? Bout to watch the Arsenal match with one of the brehs. Meant to pitch it to everyone yesterday but got caught up with some trim :shaq: