Are Hispanics Gonna Keep Acting Like They Aren't of Arabic Origin?

8WON6

The Great Negro
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kansas City, MO.

giphy.gif

dennis roadman

nuclear war in my bag
Daps
Reppin
solsbury hill
Basically any one from the Spanish speaking Americas . It's a culture rather than a race. Although there's a lot of misinformation/confusion, especially in the US
just to show how it's even more complicated than that, depending on whom you ask:
Franco was recognised as the Spanish head of state by Britain and France in February 1939. Already proclaimed Generalísimo of the Nationalists and Jefe del Estado (Head of State) in October 1936,[43] he thereafter assumed the official title of "Su Excelencia el Jefe de Estado" ("His Excellency the Head of State"). However, he was also referred to in state and official documents as "Caudillo de España" ("the Leader of Spain"), and sometimes called "el Caudillo de la Última Cruzada y de la Hispanidad" ("the Leader of the Last Crusade and of the Hispanic heritage") and "el Caudillo de la Guerra de Liberación contra el Comunismo y sus Cómplices" ("the Leader of the War of Liberation Against Communism and Its Accomplices").
a huge part of Spanish nationalism (read: castilian supremacy) under Franco was based on a "Hispanic Identity"

Samori Toure

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Threads like this prove why the Coli collectively has some of the most dumbest posters online and why as of recently I been isolating myself in the Root and Filmroom section.

Good god...

This is a mean post, but this a dumber thread; so... .

I still don't understand how people keep mixing up Arabs and Berbers.

Last edited:

BigMan

Veteran
Daps
This is a mean post, but this a dumber thread; so... .

I still don't understand how people keep mixing up Arabs and Berbers.
No one knows what a Berber is and they have been arabized/mixed with arabs for a long time....

mbewane

Knicks: 93 til infinity
Daps
Reppin
Brussels, Belgium
No one knows what a Berber is and they have been arabized/mixed with arabs for a long time....

Like everyone in that area they have been mixed, but Berbers they have a flag, languages, alphabet and are getting official recognition in Morocco.

220px-Panneau_de_signalisation_multilingue_%C3%A0_Issers_(Alg%C3%A9rie).jpg

Road signal written in Arabic, Berber and French.

People I know from Morocco tell me clearly how Arabs from the Middle-East look down on them, kind of like Northern Euros used to look down on Southern Euros. Even the Arabic they speak is different.

Oceanicpuppy

Superstar
Daps
Y'all are some fukking idiots straight up. You are the Internet and can't look up Spain's history. You coli brehs should be ashamed. You are grown ass men sounding like dumb airheads. Get it together and read something. Eww, how the fukk do some you have intelligent conversations outside the coli? :scust:

Cadillac

Veteran
Daps
A similar 2014 study by Lazaridis et al. found an average African admixture of 14.8% (12.6% Mozabite and 2.2% Mbuti/Yoruba) in the Spanish population, confirming that gene flow from Sub-Saharan and North African populations has occurred in the Spanish sample.[32]

mozabites

133102118_13919889872861n.jpg

o-MOZABITE-facebook.jpg
same thing with Italians

at this points its obivious Italians and Spain/Portugal has it in them.

There is even a Taratino movie that even references Italians having a good mixture of Black in them.

Nameischosen

Banned
Daps
How many of them you think claim black?

Mi no black papi :mjpls:

No moreno
Honestly, I believe they associate the term black with black american. Carribean and Africans who come to America don't want that association nether, they are also very nationalistic as well, its part of their culture and identity. If you was to ask them if they have African mixed in with them I'm sure they will acknowledge that but for those that completely deny African lineage thats a whole nother self hate and ignorance. Another thing is when blacks try to argue with Hispanics regarding their African blood, it comes off as they are forced to ignore their other mixes which they may be proud of. This same issue comes up with bi-racial people as well, they dont want to be forced to choose one side as they want to acknowledge both.