lol this passes as good cinema?
:russ:

quite possibly worst war scenes in the modern era i ever seen....:yeshrug:

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
Finally got around to bother watching this and holy shyt, it's bad. The pacing is awful. Dude has a talk with his brother about his girlfriend being a whore, then immediately catches her cheating, talks about how he's a cowboy without a purpose, sees terrorist bombings on tv and signs up with the navy seals. Dude meets his future wife in a bar, she pukes on his shoes, ignores his phone calls for a while, five minutes later they're married. Dude is shipped to Iraq and five minutes later everyone is already calling him "The Legend".

The propaganda shyt is truly terrifying though. Like it isn't just that they made up that fake enemy super sniper, but they shamelessly included some dialog saying the guy isn't Iraqi but Syrian. Like, the only reason they put that in there was to indirectly justify the current American intervention in Syria, wasn't it?

Then they had the scene after the guy's funeral where Kyle's wife asks him what he thought of the anti-war letter he wrote to his family before he died, and Kyle's like: "He wasn't going to make it the second he wrote that letter!". And that's one of many scenes where they inadvertently call every doubter of the righteousness war a coward.

Don't even get me started on how every Arab was out there to kill them or thinking about it. He met only one Arab in the whole movie that was willing to 'help' them, and that guy wanted money for his information, only to be killed for it because if he had just given the information right away they could've protected him.

I seriously sat through half the movie with the :dwillhuh: face, wondering what kind of sick person you have to be to buy into this kind of stuff.

unit321

Hong Kong Phooey
Daps
Reppin
USA
I just watched it on Blu-Ray last weekend.
It was a good movie, except for the ending. We all know he got murked by a veteran with mental problems. Anyway, the ending was much like the movie Selena. It just ended abruptly.

I liked Blackhawk Down better though.

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
I finally watched this.

What a piece of shyt movie.

Clint eastwood is the most over rated director of all time.

This movie was pure propaganda and the fact its the highest grossing war film of all time is a fukking tragedy.

pete clemenza

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cali
I finally watched this.

What a piece of shyt movie.

Clint eastwood is the most over rated director of all time.

This movie was pure propaganda and the fact its the highest grossing war film of all time is a fukking tragedy.
It was propaganda to the highest degree but that sh*t was entertaining though:wow:

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
It was propaganda to the highest degree but that sh*t was entertaining though:wow:
I didnt find it entertaining at all. I mean,just ignoring everything else and just judging the movie and not the man I still found it boring and just dull.

Hell,enemy at the gates>>>>>>>>>>>>>>this movie for a sniper film.

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
Thanks. Yeah with Lone Survivor wasn't the actual enemy count like a dozen or something like that? I also knew that there wasn't n attack from the Taliban on the village. So what do you think it is? Do they take the "based on a true story" and stretch it really far? In American Sniper I noticed some blatant contradictions with the book. A couple things that directly involved Chris Kyle as a person, actually. The bit about the Koran was very different in the book.

Platoon is in my top 10 movies ever btw. I saw it was too young though. There's a line in there from Keith David (King) where he gets out early right before the final battle and he says "cocksucker! oh wow!" I was in 3rd or 4th grade and said that exact line when I got a grade back on a test and my teacher's face was like
:merchant::ufdup:
I had no idea what cocksucker meant but I figured out I shouldn't be saying to teachers at school
every movie does this

real life is:

1. not hollywood enough most times

2. not as exciting as hollywood can make it

3. isn't documented enough to know exact conversations had or who said what and when

4. doesn't have hollywood type dialogue even if so

5. more boring than fiction

150% of movies that say true story, etc etc.... are completely and total bullshyt in about 80% of the movie

Alpha Dog was the closest to being true as possible.... and that's only because the lead prosecutor gave all the court documents and evidence to the film maker... illegally i might add

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
I think the Iraqi sniper storyline was a Hollywood add-in. That shyt was so stupid and unbearable to watch. "Mustafa" was probably inspired by "Juba" an infamous and semi-mythical Iraqi sniper that maimed and killed a lot of coalition soldiers. He'd film his shots and they were used as pro-jihadi propaganda. Some people actually think an individual "Juba" didn't even exist, but it was really a bunch of separate Jihadist marksmen and they just strung all of their sniper footage together.

Also keep in mind Kyle ended up running a PMC firm known as Craft International. They had a sketchy history and were rumored to have something to do with the Boston Marathon bombings.

This guy was a sketchy, sketchy dude involved in some dirty shyt. I wouldn't call him a war criminal, but I wouldn't deify him as some sort of American hero either. He was just a man with a very difficult job who was coldly efficient at doing it.
it was actually some other country they based it off

i can't remember which one, but there was a sniper that won in the olympics, and went back to become a famous military sniper

but no chris never met him or had competing sniper wars with him