Am I The Only One Not Feeling These Superhero TV Shows?

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Arrow is one of the best shows period. People so hung up on the horror that was Smallville they not willing to give Arrow a shot. It's way more violent and the writing is top notch. Flash has potential for greatness and easter eggs are being dropped weekly. I like how its connected to the Arrow storyline also. Gotham seems like a useless show to me fukk a Gotham without Bats. fukk I care about the criminals as kids and teenagers for?
:camby:
Hell the DC movies need to try to snatch up a few of these writers b/c the animated movies and TV shows >>>than DC fully featured movies so far.

I don't watch that Agents of Shield shyt. Marvel needs to stick to what it does best which is movies but I am anticipating that Daredevil series on Netflix.
Smallville didn't start out bad really it had a good cast and welling /rosenbaum played off each other well . It was a few seasons in when it started to slide with alllllll the wink nods to superman and him fighting every future villian as Clark and when it was clear they were never gonna actually make him superman in a costume . They just went on too long and some point it should if became metropolis and had him really becoming superboy. It was good for the time same way Spider-Man /xmen original movie aren't as good as winter solider and DOFP but without those movies we don't have the superhero wave .

By the way Gotham ??? Is going to go the smallville route with all this foreshadowing to batman who we'll never see unless they do time jumps

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
thread doesn't require me to elaborate my criticisms because I'm not debating anybody about the quality of the show
No but explain your points because if not than this thread is kind of pointless and the only answer is yes or no and turn to a show you do like . You provided a criticism of the shows that was vague and these are shows (arrow and flash at least )both fans and the critics like . I'm not dismissing your opinion but what makes this thread worthy then ? What did you want to accomplish if not a discussion about the shows just all the people who don't like the superhero genre to run in complaining ?

TOP LAD

WOAH, HEY GUYS WELCOME TO EB GAMES /COPY THAT/
Daps
Reppin
LORDE
No but explain your points because if not than this thread is kind of pointless and the only answer is yes or no and turn to a show you do like . You provided a criticism of the shows that was vague and these are shows (arrow and flash at least )both fans and the critics like . I'm not dismissing your opinion but what makes this thread worthy then ? What did you want to accomplish if not a discussion about the shows just all the people who don't like the superhero genre to run in complaining ?

Thread is designed to be a "yes or no" thread, the thread title is literally a yes or no question. Opinionate remarks about the show seem unnecessary for this thread because I just wanted to see how many people on this site at least felt how I felt, but you'll attack me and my stance on this by discrediting the thread and labeling it "unworthy" and "pointless" because you clearly like the shows and are too insecure to just ignore a thread that might looking at what you like in a negative light.

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Thread is designed to be a "yes or no" thread, the thread title is literally a yes or no question. Opinionate remarks about the show seem unnecessary for this thread because I just wanted to see how many people on this site at least felt how I felt, but you'll attack me and my stance on this by discrediting the thread and labeling it "unworthy" and "pointless" because you clearly like the shows and are too insecure to just ignore a thread that might looking at what you like in a negative light.
Your not looking at it in any light if you wanted only yes no answers put a poll . I wasn't criticizing you for not liking the shows because like I said I feel negative towards AoS and I'm leaning toward meh on Gotham and haven't seen any of arrow season 3 yet . I was just curious to what you don't like about the shows you can have perfectly valid reasons to not like the shows because like I said not everyone likes everything :yeshrug: but when you make a thread and say oh I won't discuss my viewpoints !!! I only wanted a yes /no response with no poll then I think maybe you just wanted to most people to come in shytting on the genre

Whitty Hutton

these posters are TRASH
Daps
Reppin
retired
Agents of shield is one of the worst shows ive ever seen. How anyone forces themself to watch that shyt is beyond me.

Marvel stans disgust me
I tune in weekly and enjoy it :manny:
Gotham too
187.gif

Spiritual Stratocaster

Jesus is KING
Supporter
Daps
I'm a premium cable snob (I admit it:manny:) and it took me a while before I was willing to take a look in the bushes that I threw network/basic cable in to give Hannibal a chance, and I'm glad I did. With that said, I really don't see myself watching any of these superhero shows. I fukks with the blockbuster comic book movies because I know I'm getting great production values backed by big budgets and a concise story. I fukks with the DC animated shyt because it's animated so they can pull more off. I used to watch, and like, Smallville but I was in middle school/high school so I watched a lot of garbage back then:manny:

Granted, I haven't actually given any of these shows a chance so I could be missing out on certified piff. But I can't kick the feeling that I'd be getting myself back into a Smallville situation: teens with powers dealing with the usual teen shyt and fighting bad guys too. It worked for Buffy the Vampire Slayer, but vampires and demonry like that lend themselves to a darker/rawer show. And I know these shows are probably on that whole villain of the week shyt:camby:

Talk shyt about shows you never even watched ...

Arrow shyts all over Smallville...only reason no one is talking about it is because it's on The CW...but you wanna talk about darker/rawer you need to go watch ARROW,and then get back to this thread.

you say "superhero wise" as if there are a lot those on television atm

I mean it's a great show on it's on...I had to say superhero wise because I know there would be some clown ass fukkboy who would be on some..

"So you're trying to say ARROW is on par with _______ " :mjpls:

Last edited:

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
I like them breh if they're done cool and I like the four on now even tho it took shield a while to grow on me. Looking forward to Constantine. With that said when they're wack I will tune out which is why it took Shield a while to grow on me. I'm not adverse to network TV at all. I donr discriminate when it comes to TV.

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex
The only good superhero show was smallville all these new ones are shyt. But i gotta say gotham show has me interested gonna check that out
:dahell: I still fukks with "Smallville", but "Arrow" shyts on it. So much so, that I just look at "Smallville" as comfort TV.

Spiritual Stratocaster

Jesus is KING
Supporter
Daps
The only good superhero show was smallville all these new ones are shyt. But i gotta say gotham show has me interested gonna check that out
:mjlol::mjlol::mjlol:

And I fukk with Smallville...

You seem to be forgetting the subpar basura that plagued the show until Clark Kent manned up the last 3 seasons...(8.9.10). It was good for a teen show but the show hit a fukking plateau by season 6. The villian of the week shyt got old real fast as well.

The last 3 seasons were:blessed:

obarth

R.I.P Char
Poster of the Year
Daps
Reppin
Pawgs with dragons
Talk shyt about shows you never even watched ...

Arrow shyts all over Smallville...only reason no one is talking about it is because it's on The CW...but you wanna talk about darker/rawer you need to go watch ARROW,and then get back to this thread
You realize that The CW is the same network that Smallville was on, right?:mjpls: As far as the rest of what you said, I'm on episode 8 of the first season of Arrow and I'l make sure to give my opinion of the season in this thread...hope it gets better:mjpls: