Akira..

Insensitive

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

There wasn't enough movie to fit in all of the story in Akira.
With that said the film was/is amazing, the animation in that flick hurts my
head because I know the whoever was doing the inbetweens must have had hand cramps something
serious.

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
After reading the manga I think Kaneda might be the luckiest manga character of all time. I don't know how he came out alive in the end.

Yeah, I sense that in the film too. Particularly the part when he tried to smash Tetsuo's head in with a rock.

Tetsuo pretty much went light speed to blow up the Orbital Satellite Beam that took off his arm.

Kaneda was like :dwillhuh:

He realized he could have been a dead ass nikka right there.

tru_m.a.c

IC veteran
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Gaithersburg, MD via Queens/LI
akira2.jpg

Lets talk about it.

I remember my weird ass 5th grade art teacher made us watch it back in the day in class. I was exicited cause I thought it was gonna be like DBZ. WRONG:beli: shyt almost ruined my childhood :merchant:

the fukk??? they showed this shyt to you in school???

man I saw this on a random late night watching hbo...I was maybe in 7th grade

shyt blew my fukkn mind

feelosofer

#ninergang
Daps
Reppin
Brick City, NJ
What school did you go to? I wouldn't let my youngest watch until he's like 14-15 minimum. That being said, I'm old enough to have gone to the original theatrical release. I took the train to downtown Manhattan to catch that shyt, and it blew my mind. I have never seen hand drawn animation that complex or beautiful prior. I had always been a fan of anime, especially Gatchaman and the Guyver, but this was something else.

Just like bruddas

Couple shooters in the cut.
Supporter
Daps
Love it. Have it on Blu-ray.

when tetsuo hallucinates and hits guts fall out of his stomach had me like :merchant: as a kid

word up man...seen it on the sci fi channel * edited * and I seen it unedited on the action and encore channel needless to say i had sleepless nights as a kid.

:noah: at him crushing his girlfriend to death