After watching The Butler, Fruitvale, 12 years a slave in one sitting...

Kuwka_Atcha_Ratcha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
12 years a Slave alone will put you thru a mindfukk that will make your seriously stop a lot of the self hate stuff that plagues our people. That movie was prolly the most accurate/vivid portrayal (in many instances) of slavery to a point where I'm SURE a lot of brothas/sisters who saw it were asking themselves what they would do if they were alive back then and how they would survive.

Easy to say you'd turn up on massa but that slave era alone was the realest shyt the American Negro ever went thru.

exactlly, how some black people can watch this movie and not even re-think some of there actions, is beyond me

The G.O.D II

A ha ha
Supporter
Daps
the word is the word. i don't care about the context i refuse to use a word created by evil white slave masters. why would i do that? do chinese people go around calling each other chinks? do jews call each other kikes? no! but black people take on the negative evil words of the white slave masters.

my opinion wasn't based on the movies, it did however resurrect opinions i already had. oh and 12 years a slave was created by a english black man

have you been to paris? you're really talking as if you've never left usa. a black man in miami probably doesn't have the same issues as a black man in chicago whats your point? ALL BLACK PEOPLE HAVE SLAVES AS THERE ANCESTORS no matter what country they are from. what is hard for you to understand?

And like I said, our problems are much bigger then a word. You keep harping on that tired, dead argument like a typical keyboard activist instead of offering serious substantive solutions. Where I've traveled or haven't is irrelevant. The American black is the only race in this entire world WHO WAS TAKING FROM THEIR LAND FORCIBLY TO ANOTHER CONTINENT FOR HUNDRED OF YEARS IN MASS NUMBERS. No other race can claim that. So yes, a black person whos ancestors more than likely emmigrated from African to France experience is a little different from someone in the US. Why can't you understand that?

Kuwka_Atcha_Ratcha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
And like I said, our problems are much bigger then a word. You keep harping on that tired, dead argument like a typical keyboard activist instead of offering serious substantive solutions. Where I've traveled or haven't is irrelevant. The American black is the only race in this entire world WHO WAS TAKING FROM THEIR LAND FORCIBLY TO ANOTHER CONTINENT FOR HUNDRED OF YEARS IN MASS NUMBERS. No other race can claim that. So yes, a black person whos ancestors more than likely emmigrated from African to France experience is a little different from someone in the US. Why can't you understand that?
it all starts with the foundation, and refering to ourselves would be that... the foundation. you can't do great if you don't believe you are great. and refering to yourself as a word that was used whilst killing and murdering black people albeit the context can't be doing anything great for the minds subconscious.

where you have traveled is very relevant, i know you haven't traveled outside of usa because it shows. you insinuated we have different ancestors, you also insinuated that black people outside of usa are somehow not black. this is due to you never leaving usa and exploring the world so you speak from a stance of ignorance. its unfortunate but you have done this to yourself.

american- black isn't a race. also what you said is untrue, do you not know about the triangle slave trade? do you not know about people from ghana being taken from there homes and shipped to the carribbean to work as slaves? are you really this stupid or are you trolling? and you're stupid enough to believe people living in france just one day packed there bags and left africa, leaving no trail of slavery. explore the world my friend you may learn something

Hiphoplives4eva

Solid Gold Dashikis
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
black love, unity, and music

You're ignorant as fukk breh. Go read a book or ten. Start off with the history of Brazil then go from there moron.

keepemup

Banned
Daps
couple things...

i have no idea how after watching these movies, a self respecting black man can still refer to himself as a nikka.

ive also realised alot of uncle tom's don't like these movies as its a reflection of themselves

also... i have no idea why black people are so forgiving, no way could i date a white woman or half-cac just look at the demonic happenings of the white man has done to black people.

It sounds to me as if you are suggesting that black-hating whites would date a black person. And I'm sure you don't need me to reiterate this but people are individuals. Some white people are ok some are evil.

I feel you about the 'nikka' thing. I stopped saying that a while ago and I hope others stop saying that as well.

SuikodenII

Where's Suikoden VI??????
Daps
Ya'll giving white people WAY too much credit with this appreciate their "help" and "some" are good nonsense :camby:

You shouldn't be hating individual white folks for no reason, that's fruitless, but you better DAMN sure keep your guard up cause they're not to be trusted.

GoddamnyamanProf

Countdown to Armageddon
Daps
I'm sorry but just because one roach doesn't invade your home doesn't mean you shouldn't do everything in your power to exterminate, seperate, and treat with extreme prejudice and suspicion those who HAVE. History has shown the White race to be locusts who prey on other cultures, leaving nothing more than death and devastation behind them, to love one of them, have sex with them, marry them, rear children with them, is a risk too great to take and does nothing but to further infect our own bloodlines with those of savages.
Yeah guys I dont get the coli/st0rmfr0nt comparisons at all!

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
Ya'll giving white people WAY too much credit with this appreciate their "help" and "some" are good nonsense :camby:

You shouldn't be hating individual white folks for no reason, that's fruitless, but you better DAMN sure keep your guard up cause they're not to be trusted.

This doesn't just go for white people though. Trust is something earned, not given, regardless of whether they're black, white, man, woman, whatever.

Colilluminati

TAMRON HALL STAN
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MiddleWest
I really need to watch 12 years again.All I remember is him waiting in the porch for massa.It really bothered me.

Kuwka_Atcha_Ratcha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
You're ignorant as fukk breh. Go read a book or ten. Start off with the history of Brazil then go from there moron.
the guy is a complete idiot, ,and the reason why I said he has never left usa... worst thing is he cant even see why he is stupid so he will never better himself.

Mr. Somebody

Friend Of A Friend
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
12 years a slave makes you realize how the legacy of slavery still effects behavior in 2013. Very enlightening film.

The G.O.D II

A ha ha
Supporter
Daps
the guy is a complete idiot, ,and the reason why I said he has never left usa... worst thing is he cant even see why he is stupid so he will never better himself.

:mindblown: Where are you getting this? If anything, you have never left your home considering you have admitted to playing games frequently for six hours and watching two movies per day. But lets not get too off topic. You have proof that you and most of your colleagues in the UK have ancestors that were in slavery?

Kuwka_Atcha_Ratcha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:mindblown: Where are you getting this? If anything, you have never left your home considering you have admitted to playing games frequently for six hours and watching two movies per day. But lets not get too off topic. You have proof that you and most of your colleagues in the UK have ancestors that were in slavery?
never left my home? my passport is stamped up, everyone on this site knows i live in both usa n england.

:beli: are you being serious? please tell me you're trolling. all the proof you need is the triangle slave trade. i can't even believe as a so called black person you're asking this :merchant:

the difference between you and i is i study worldwide black history, if you did you'd know its pretty much all the same minus country. But instead all you know is usa and nothing else then have the stupidity to comment on world affairs.

please in future comment on topics you're educated on. Thank you

i think ive embarrassed you enough for one day.