After watching SPIDERMAN HOMECOMING as a blackman, WAY 2 MUCH MULTICULTURISM

Status
Not open for further replies.

ezrathegreat

Veteran
Daps
I don't particularly care about the race though I do see your point about pandering... Could they have stuck with Flash as the jock whatever the race.

I don't care about the casting choices either but i hate that this will be used as ammunition by certain groups to further their belief that "Minorities are out to get them".

Kuwka_Atcha_Ratcha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
You're a fukking moron....The movie is set in Queens. If anything it'd be pandering to have an entirely white cast in a film set in Queens in 2017.
no you're an idiot that cant read.
I'm in queens all the time theres no school that doesn't have white people. so its ridiculous that MJ be white? its crazy that they didn't get rid of the white shocker and replace him with a black shocker? shocker doesn't even live in queens

Kuwka_Atcha_Ratcha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I don't particularly care about the race though I do see your point about pandering... Could they have stuck with Flash as the jock whatever the race.
someone with sense,

but because they made him indian, its almost like they said well hey an indian can't be a jock, gotta make him geeky

Kuwka_Atcha_Ratcha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
2017 highschools in major american cities look like this breh. In 1960 when he was created, it didn't. It is actually MORE accurate like its depicted now.
do you idiots have a hard time digesting info?
I didn't say make every white
I didn't even say don't have minorities,
hell couldda made the majority of the people black

but why... change the races of the LEGACY characters? funny thing is most of the school is actually white and the key characters are changed. read.

joeychizzle

光復香港,時代革命
Daps
Reppin
Suffer a disconnect from real life brehs. Be unaware of how diverse cities are brehs. Walk into a Marvel movie with a militant mindset and forget to enjoy the movie brehs.

If the movie was all black you would say they're vulturing. If it was all white you'd scream about the non inclusion of minorities.

Kuwka_Atcha_Ratcha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Suffer a disconnect from real life brehs. Be unaware of how diverse cities are brehs. Walk into a Marvel movie with a militant mindset and forget to enjoy the movie brehs.

If the movie was all black you would say they're vulturing. If it was all white you'd scream about the non inclusion of minorities.

are you stupid or just pretending to be?

am i complaining about the diversity in the movie or am i complaining about changing LEGACY characters in the movie?

did i say i didn't enjoy the movie?

you lack the intelligence you wish you had to produce the witty post you wish you did

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
someone with sense,

but because they made him indian, its almost like they said well hey an indian can't be a jock, gotta make him geeky

Hes spanish for one..Secondly, homie, they wanted it to look like Queens looks today. No damn way you can do a movie in Queens about Queens and say all the kids at the school are white

Un-AmericanDreamer

Simp City
Daps
i wanted to keep this separate from the official thread as this is more to do with casting and ethnicity

so the casting was blatantly pandering

the shocker = a black man
Peters love interest = biracial
MJ = biracial girl
FLASH = indian ( flash is known to be a jock... but now because he is indian he is super clever geeky type)
peters best friend is now the fat chinese dude that mile morales hung around
principle is now chinese
even included a gay boy

waaay to much pandering, even I as a black man that deems myself pro black thought it was reaching to much, am i the only one who thought this?

It's set in New York.

joeychizzle

光復香港,時代革命
Daps
Reppin
are you stupid or just pretending to be?

am i complaining about the diversity in the movie or am i complaining about changing LEGACY characters in the movie?

did i say i didn't enjoy the movie?

you lack the intelligence you wish you had to produce the witty post you wish you did
Characters are always getting retconned you scorned hoe. Stop making an issue outta trivial shyt.

Kiyoshi-Dono

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Petty Vandross.. fukk Yall
latest

Status
Not open for further replies.