African Spiderman hero who saved a child dangling from balcony is awarded French citizenship

1R0N M4N XL

Rookie
Daps
[VIDEO]' migrant who scaled four storeys to save a child dangling from a balcony is awarded French citizenship by President Macron - and gets a job in the fire brigade!
4CB1D1BE00000578-5777403-image-a-26_1527501503315.jpg

Mamoudou Gassama 22, was hailed a hero for single-handedly scaling the facade of an apartment block in the 18th arrondissement of Paris, and hauling the four-year-old to safety. The dramatic rescue, which saw Gassama clamber from balcony to balcony and reaching the child in less than 30 seconds, was captured on video (main). He has since been compared to the Marvel superhero Spiderman. Gassama, who said he arrived in France a few months ago 'dreaming of building his life' in the country, was pictured meeting French President Emmanuel Macron at the Elysee Palace this morning (inset). Macron said the migrant will be made a French citizen and will also be offered a place in the fire brigade.
4CB1B6E500000578-5777403-image-a-4_1527497634098.jpg

4CAFA51800000578-5777403-image-a-1_1527450410919.jpg

This is the incredible moment that Mamoudou Gassama scaled four storeys - using just his bare hands - to rescue a young boy dangling from a balcony in Paris
All the (Gassama's) documents will be put in order," Macron told the sporty 22-year-old who has become a national hero, referring to his immigration status.
In the meeting, live footage of which was carried on the president's Facebook page, Macron gave Gassama a medal for bravery.
Without a thought for his own safety, Gassama took just seconds to reach the child in a spectacular rescue captured on film and viewed millions of times on social networks.
"I was not thinking of anything. I went straight up", Gassama, who wore jeans and a short-sleeved patterned shirt, told Macron, recounting the episode.
"Bravo," Macron replied.
"I'm pleased because it's the first time I've received a trophy like that," Gassama, who arrived in France in September 2017 and lives in a hostel for immigrants, said after receiving his medal.
The incident took place at around 8pm on Saturday in northern Paris.
I told him that his heroic act is an example to all citizens and that the city of Paris will obviously be very keen to support him in his efforts to settle in France,' she added.
Tracked down by reporters 24 hours after the heroic rescue, Gassama said he had acted without thinking.
'I saw all these people shouting, and cars sounding their horns. I climbed up like that and, thank God, I saved the child,' he said.
'I felt afraid when I saved the child... (when) we went into the living room, I started to shake, I could hardly stand up, I had to sit down,' he added.
4CAFCF4300000578-5777403-Asked_why_he_took_such_a_risk_to_save_the_boy_Gassama_above_told-a-1_1527497458189.jpg

Asked why he took such a risk to save the boy, Gassama (above) told Le Parisien: 'I did it because it's a child'
Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...apartment-block-rescue-boy.html#ixzz5GnnT4VVZ

Muzion

All Star
Daps
The father went out for some shopping, then did not come back right away, because he was playing Pokemon Go... will face up to two years in prison for parental negligence

The mother was in Réunion Island, doing God knows what...