African Americans who can pass as West Africans.

Oceanicpuppy

Superstar
Daps
Nigerian

AFRICAS-NEXT-TOP-MODEL-OLUCHI-ONWEAGBA-ORLANDI-PRET-A-POUNDO.jpg

Angolan

Miss-Angola-2011-Leila-Lopes_portrait_w858.jpg

Ghana

Naa-Okailey-Shooter.jpg

Senegal

1690872_miss-picardie009.jpg

Sierra leone
28537_392766751750_543256750_4594929_6318870_n-450x631.jpg

Oceanicpuppy

Superstar
Daps
AA's are usually lighter but thats it.

but this question is kinda off b/c there's diversity even among West Africans.

B/c Senegalese and Gambians look different from even Ghanaians and Nigerians
I know, which makes aframs different. ask yourself this, If West Africans are different looking and Aframs are mix of those Africans, why would aframs look like a straight up distinctive looking West Africans if they are mixes?

You can't say Aframs look like West Africans then in the same breath go on to say West Africans look different from each other.
Aframs have a New World Look, which is the result of different west african mixes and for many a european element and for some a native element.

Last edited:

Oceanicpuppy

Superstar
Daps
The term "West African" is too general. West Africans are a diverse and large group themselves. AA's also are large and diverse in looks. So you have to be specific.

Lets play a little game.

Which one is a African American and not a West African?

A.
2012-03-30%20tuareg%202%20flickr%20580.jpg

B.
vep05k.jpg

C.
zandile-blay-giving-me-all-kinds-of-life-right-now-yassss.png

D.
945923_10151713823269642_1675800572_n.jpg

Choose carefully.
I choose West African because i didn't feel like typing all those ethnic/tribes groups... too damn many :deadmanny:

Uhh lets see...

C??? She looks very American to me.

in B the girl with dreads looks American as well.

Bawon Samedi

Good bye Coli
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Good bye Coli(2014-2020)
I choose West African because i didn't feel like typing all those ethnic/tribes groups... too damn many :deadmanny:

Uhh lets see...

C??? She looks very American to me.

in B the girl with dreads looks American as well.

Ding! Ding! Ding!

B is of the African American Gullah group who live in SC and GA but more importantly held onto their African traditions. They have what we call an stereotypical "West African" look. The rest are West African. Note how the look different. Which is why I noted that WA is a diverse region.

Bawon Samedi

Good bye Coli
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Good bye Coli(2014-2020)
I disagree

And you can keep trying but at every school I've been, all the AAs could tell who came from Africa.

This is not what I am arguing against. I am saying that there is no true "AA look" because AA's as a whole vary in phenotypes. From very light skinned creole to pitch dark Gullahs.

And also those African kids could have just come from a specific region. From my personal experience in school me and others didn't know certain people were African until they told us. Like this Namibian kid easily blended in. Again just my personal experience and not what I am arguing against.

Poitier

My Words Law
Supporter
Daps
And also those African kids could have just come from a specific region. From my personal experience in school me and others didn't know certain people were African until they told us. Like this Namibian kid easily blended in. Again just my personal experience and not what I am arguing against.

Not the case from my experience:manny:

Premeditated

MANDE KANG
Daps
Reppin
IMMIGRANT TETHERS
:yeshrug: Always though Lebron looked papuan but if so.. What about Pharrell,Snoop lol Young thug?
I hear from many Africans say that D. wade looks like he's from Ghana.
I don't know maybe it's me but to me many Aframs just don't have an that organic look about them. It's always little traits that set them apart.
Africans kids
senegal_rae_s_picts_074.jpg

IMG_2148.JPG

Americans kids

barackboygirl1.jpg

black_love_4.jpg
oh, now I got it.

I agree, I can definitely tell the difference between most AAs and West African. But you can also put most AA in certain West African countries and they wouldn't get a second look because they would fit into certain tribes. Only ones that wouldn't fit in any part of West Africa are the real light skin bi racial ones that sometimes look Habesha, like the Mowry twins.

Oceanicpuppy

Superstar
Daps
Ding! Ding! Ding!

B is of the African American Gullah group who live in SC and GA but more importantly held onto their African traditions. They have what we call an stereotypical "West African" look. The rest are West African. Note how the look different. Which is why I noted that WA is a diverse region.
Idk girl in B I can't pin point what WA group she can fit into but she's jumping so i can't her whole face.

She doesn't look "organic" to me.